Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed!

+2
dinarstar
SpaceCowboy
6 posters

Go down

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! Empty I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed!

Post by SpaceCowboy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 am

It's true. Both parts! I got a great new mattress. I got a great deal and had to brag so I told my brother, and then I bragged to my business partner, and I caught up with my dad (he loves a bargain) and he made me tell my mom. (Personally I hope my retirement is a bit more exciting!) Anyway, I told quite a few people about my brand new mattress and you know what?

Not one single person asked me if I had to get a new mattress because I pooped the bed! Serious! Can you believe it? Not one single person! They asked me why, and the type and the price and my brother-in-law wanted to make sure that I haggled the mattress dealer down. But that is about it. The people I am close with now know almost everything there is to know about my bed. I am simply amazed that throughout the entire day, with sensitive info just oozing out for anyone to hear, that not one single person asked if I needed this majestic new mattress because I pooped the old one.

I only mention this because technically... if I had pooped the bed... I might consider getting a new mattress. So it is a possibility, and when you think about it, it's a pretty logical thing to think. "Poop in bed... buy new stuff." It is a possibility yet not one person asked me, "A king size mattress eh?, DID YOU POOP YOUR BED AND HAVE TO GET A NEW MATTRESS?" and I could have replied, "Are you serious? If I had to get a new mattress every time I pooped the bed I wouldn't have money for food or gas!" I have been waiting all day to say that! Dang, no one thought of going there with the new info I was providing.

I guess I am just disappointed no one considered it. I must be getting used to Dinar chat! They consider everything!

In Dinarland we have the freedom to type goofy stuff like this, and even sometimes important stuff too, but when we get our hands on INTEL it is like we are loosing our minds. We must be forgetting that the first questions we should be asking should be the important and logical questions that the rest of the world is asking! When we are comfortable with that info we can move on to checking on the weird (but possible) details. But for some reason, we start with the possible but laughable options. Maybe because we are needing the laughs!

For example, I have often heard that China is holding American Bonds. When I heard it, the first words out of my mouth were not, "I bet they are using the money to bring back chopsticks!" But when it comes to dinarland, throw out the bathwater and the baby... cause we got some STUFF to consider! And a lot of the time now that means we start with the poop and work backwards to the foundation. And if I am honest, this entire diatribe began today when I heard more lunatic logic about China. I am starting to worry. (Not a lot... just a little!)

Kindly consider: China is a massive country that is nearly 100% codependent. I made up that statistic, but understand this: China can not (now) feed its own people. China can not rest on its intellectual property and worldwide patents. China can not provide Western attitudes, and forget the basic freedoms that got us here. China is in a cycle of development and destruction. Their citizens are a huge slave labor force for the world, and to bring about some western benefits Chinese leaders have learned to use them as slaves for their country too. Infrastructure is so far behind and so lacking that projecting the near term expenses is nearly impossible... no one even dares consider the long term.

This country has about 1.4 trillion in U.S. Bonds. It's not the housewives that own them... it is the government. Why? It is because investing into their own infrastructure and support does not provide financial returns! Why would they be chasing down 3% interest over 30 years? If someone tells you that China is going to liquidate their U.S. Bonds... then ask them if they know what Bonds are! To even imply it is even possible is more absurd than the turd question.

The Chinese currency is not even strong enough for them to buy their OWN oil... it is estimated that they have vast oil deposits totally left untouched! They don't have the equipment to get to it! They can't even make sheet-rock right! China isn't taking the U.S. anywhere and is in no condition financially to push one single red, white, or blue button. Right now, today, if China decided to get showy and wanted to make a global impression, and they announced that they were going to stop dealing with the U.S. do you think you would miss one single meal? Would your neighbors lose their house? Would government agents come in and shut down your church? Nope.

But if the U.S. got off its butt and declared that China's fraudulent moves in its currency, state sponsored counterfeiting, and electronic warfare against us and our allies was not going to be tolerated, we would be out of the country in a month. Nike would have to come home... or go to India... and "yes" our IPAD creators would need a new cheap labor force, which might mean we pay more for out toys, but the Chinese people WILL STARVE TO DEATH! Manufacturing for the world IS their JOB! To lose that means they lose everything! They can't just go to the government and say, "Put us to work in the potato fields! They will likely never overcome the massive, and I mean massive, total poverty of their citizens. Financially, emotionally, and spiritually these people are overwhelmed. The burdens of helping just those in the rural areas will halt any GDP and force the nation into a scavenger type agricultural society within months. Imagine the chaos in the big cities!

So, does China hold the key to our prosperity? Not like you are thinking. What is making China valuable to the U.S. is that a brave few souls have always stood up against the tyranny of the state. It has been a brutal and torturous journey, but in spite of itself, the news is getting out there. They are seeing us more and more every day, and they are learning that: Democracy means something. Personal freedom is important. Capitalism provides for the rich and the poor. Religious freedom provides the platform for political freedom, and they want what we have. This new market is an important opportunity and we are poised like no other country on earth to take advantage of it. And they are letting us do it. So we have a mutually agreeable relationship.

China is not holding the R.V. night stick and waving it about at the U.S. Treasury. China isn't threatening the IMF or BIS or CIA. China isn't roaming about the globe trying to overcome our allies or feed our enemies. Lately, they have been playing nice. You see, China wants wealth and it needs trade to make it happen. So what is China doing? Not much. Can the guy making less than $400 a month buy dinar? Probably not. It is easier for them to hope that American's get rich. It is simple really, when we get rich, we buy more Nikes and I Pads and when that happens their people go to bed with food in their bellies. Maybe they would like to buy a mattress! I have an old one that to the best of my knowledge has never been pooped on!

Be blessed!

Space Cowboy

SpaceCowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! Empty Re: I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed!

Post by dinarstar Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 am

Ilikeyou

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! Empty Re: I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed!

Post by Kevind53 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 am

Good thoughts ... I have actually been struggling with the whole China thing myself, it just doesn't pass the "sniff test" to me. Actually I have read somewhere in the financial news that China actually has a deficit problem, as they have overspent on military and industrial development. That was months ago, like last summer I think, but I'll see if I can find the articles. Yea, they have huge reserves of currency, but only because like the old Soviet Union, they have cooked their books, and used state run companies to do the work ... and of course most of the money only moves on paper.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! 2805820865  I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! 2805820865  I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! 2805820865  I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed! Empty I bought a new mattress today... but not because I pooped the bed!

Post by mitchglide Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am

Not quite sure what your new mattress or pooping the bed has to do with anything however, loved your thoughts on the whole China thing. Hope you purchased a Tempur-Pedic, My wife and I love ours.

mitchglide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceCowboy Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

The pooping the mattress part was to remind us that sometimes we are quick to jump to the least likely, (but possible) conclusion when given information. Many things will NOT impact the RV but are scoured and dissected to glean any tiny tidbit to feed our desire for "intel".

China is a perfect example. When I read that China would be liquidating their U.S. Bonds for 50% unless UST allowed the RV it was the straw that broke the camels back. That is an insane statement, has no bearing on the RV, and is no more likely than me pooping the mattress and buying a new one.

I hoped that the the ridiculousness of my statement would remind us to be careful, to ask the right questions, and to remember our options. We can INVEST our time and energy into the RV topic, or we can give it away for free. There is a time and place for both.

And I hoped to make you smile!

You all bless me. Thank you!

SpaceCowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 am

Interesting post. A lot of room for contemplation. I hope you are right and this thing RV's soon.
OH, and I prefer NEW mattresses - old ones already have the "good" taken out of them and usually are lumpy or allow the springs to poke one causing yet another sleepless night. (Had enough of them over this ride.) Besides when one jumps on a NEW mattress one gets more "bounce to the ounce."
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

Sort of like you in the western US, you hear hooves outside and your first thought is zebras, not likely.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum