Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
In County RV I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
In County RV I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
In County RV I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
In County RV I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
In County RV I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
In County RV I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
In County RV I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
In County RV I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
In County RV I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
In County RV I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
In County RV I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
In County RV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
In County RV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
In County RV I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
In County RV I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
In County RV I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
In County RV I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
In County RV I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
In County RV I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
In County RV I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

In County RV

+11
Inquisitive one
therealbutterfly
CaptnJerry
MiddleClassMaiden
DTConcerned
readysetrv
1alaskan
Kevind53
nwrichard
clayf
15 posters

Go down

In County RV Empty In County RV

Post by 052676 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:02 am

Can someone tell me what an in country RV is.

We have heard this has happened before, of course was not true.

Is it that the Iraqi people can exchange their Dinar for the new RVd amount.

Is it only Govt. people can do this.

Is it a big secret, because if it is not this news would be in every major ME newspaper.

As for as I am concerned, it has not RVd until it shows at the CBI.

I think Okie has said this before.

Back to top Go down

In County RV Empty Re: In County RV

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:21 am

I really do not want to comment on this, but you have answered your own question with the 6th statement. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:19 am

Man posted in 3S's chat Thru evening

02/09/2012

OKIEOILMAN: BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR NOW--I AM NOT REPEAT NOT CALLING ANYTHING FOR SURE

BUT YOU MAY BE BUSY./ EITHER TOMORROW OR MONDAY--ACCORDING TO THE HIGHEST SOURCE

YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. REMEMBER WHO TOLD YOU FIRST ABOUT THE IN COUNTRY R/V---????---THEN LISTEN WITH
UNDERSTANDING AGAIN TONIGHT ....couldnt help but put this here..... REINSTATE,,,POP,,,,, BOOM,,,,,BING

Last edited by clayf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nwrichard Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 am

AJ, if you believe as I do that it hasen't RV'd until you can see it on the CBI, why doesn't the admin simply refuse to allow posts that claim an in-country RV without proof of a link so as to lessen the propensity of pot stirring?
nwrichard
nwrichard
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 am

This is Okie's site. It is owned by Miske, but she provided it specifically for Okie. As such, it is his house and he can post what he wants. You can choose to read what he posts or not, but if you do, know that you are playing by the house rules, and comment accordingly. We do allow opposing viewpoints, we DO NOT allow disrespectful, degrading, offensive or abusive posts of any kind.

We'll leave this open for now, but if it degrades at all it will be pulled.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 am

nwrichard wrote:AJ, if you believe as I do that it hasen't RV'd until you can see it on the CBI, why doesn't the admin simply refuse to allow posts that claim an in-country RV without proof of a link so as to lessen the propensity of pot stirring?

The best way to get your question answered is to PM one of the ADMINS, But in reality if you search the site you will find your answer.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by readysetrv Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:58 am

clayf wrote:Man posted in 3S's chat Thru evening

02/09/2012

OKIEOILMAN: BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR NOW--I AM NOT REPEAT NOT CALLING ANYTHING FOR SURE

BUT YOU MAY BE BUSY./ EITHER TOMORROW OR MONDAY--ACCORDING TO THE HIGHEST SOURCE

YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. REMEMBER WHO TOLD YOU FIRST ABOUT THE IN COUNTRY R/V---????---THEN LISTEN WITH
UNDERSTANDING AGAIN TONIGHT ....couldnt help but put this here..... REINSTATE,,,POP,,,,, BOOM,,,,,BING

GOOD GRIEF!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL UNREAL, JUST SIMPLY UNREAL!!

GO RVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!

readysetrv
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 am

I have seen post saying there is no such thing as an "in-country RV" and others that it can happen, perhaps RV not being the correct term. It has been pointed out repeatedly that Kuwait had an "In-country RV" 10 days before they went live worldwide.

I have seen posts explaining that they can not have a currency change value inside the coutnry without it being international and changing world wide, but even under Saddam the currency value went up in country and the currency was not international. To say that a country can not have internal currency set at whatever value they choose without it being on the world market would be wrong. Even in the US we have currency that is for interanl use only that we have given a value to, commonly known as food stamps.

So yes an "in-country" value given to the currency can happen. I do not have the definition of terms used, so I don't know if the reference to in-country RV is country-wide, which would mean they would have to close their borders to currency transport in and out of the country or an official value set at a government level, allowing them to clear government obligations prior to an open market release and I don't know if it is something that is still in process, or pending or if it may be interrupted before fruition. I am not going to assume that it did not happen because of random unsupported opinions either.

As for proof, well the whole idea of proof would rely on the release of official information before it was released, was it possible to "prove" Kuwait was already in RV before it was release? Do you want intel gatherers to not post anything that they can not produce concrete proof? If that is the case then you do not want any intel, even the news is frequently reported without proof and has also proven to be wrong on many occassions. Haven't you read or seen news reports where they say things like "people in the streets here are saying", or "it looks like", or "according to sources in ..", but you accept this because it is "news"? and can not accept an intel gatherer saying "according to my sources"? or "based on what I am still hearing, what I was told a week ago still stands true"?

Perhaps since some here are into car racing, any car not in the first 4 places by the last 4 laps of the Indy 500 should be removed from the race because they do not look like they are winning?

Don’t ride the hype, use wisdom. Live life in the now, hope for the future, and use wisdom in dealing with the affairs of men.
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

AJAnderson wrote:I really do not want to comment on this, but you have answered your own question with the 6th statement. AJ

VERY wise observation AJ! Appreciate your wisdom and insight! :flower: threadsneaker Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am

DTConcerned wrote:I have seen post saying there is no such thing as an "in-country RV" and others that it can happen, perhaps RV not being the correct term. It has been pointed out repeatedly that Kuwait had an "In-country RV" 10 days before they went live worldwide.

Everyone please stop with the Kuwaiti RV... Kuwait DID NOT RV!!!

It seems that most have forgotten and the new investors have never been educated as to what happened on the ground in Kuwait.

1. Saddam rolled into Kuwait and removed approximately 320 million of Kuwaiti Dinar

2. The value of the Kuwaiti dinar dropped from it's pre invasion value of $3.47 per dinar to a low of .05 - .10 cents per dinar on the streets / black market. It never changed on the forex as shown in the forex chart below.

In County RV ForexTraders-graph-small

3. Some in Kuwait and the region did dump all of the Kuwaiti Dinars they had for US Dollars.

4. When the US rolled in to liberate Kuwait the Kuwaiti Dinar was being traded on the street / black market for as low as .10 cents per one Kuawiti Dinar.

5. New currency was printed and exchanged 1-1 for the old dinar after the banks reopened and the value of the Kuwaiti Dinar was returned to it's pre invasion value of $3.47.

6. There were some people who bought the Kuwaiti Dinar in Kuwait at a price of .05 to .10 cents on the street / black market and redeemed them at the full price of $3.47 at the banks.

Here is the article from the New York Times in March of 1991

The Central Bank is canceling the value of Kuwaiti dinars that were seized from the Central Bank and put into circulation by the Iraqis. The invalid serial numbers were posted today in front of all banks in the city.

All other old dinars can be exchanged for new ones on a one-to-one rate until May 7, when the old dinars become invalid. The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qxweAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PXsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5441,6014365&dq=kuwait+currency+history&hl=en

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

In County RV Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Nice Rebuff on Kuwait, except. KWD did drop to extremely low value between $0.05 and $0.10, then Jumped back up to value. The time span was shorter then Iraq, but it was still a revalue:

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html

just because a more general chart does nto reflect the blip does nto mean it di dnot happen.

This is a good short read on the subject:

http://www.iraqdinares.com/showthread.php?t=39266

So the value of the currency dropped to insignificant, then it suddenly was restored to a new Value which was not an RI, but a different value then previous, so an RV.

Don’t ride the hype, use wisdom. Live life in the now, hope for the future, and use wisdom in dealing with the affairs of men.
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 pm

RV/RI it happened, the effect for those who held it was the same. We can split atoms, split infinitives, split wood, but do we really need to split hairs?

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865  In County RV 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 pm

DTConcerned wrote:Nice Rebuff on Kuwait, except. KWD did drop to extremely low value between $0.05 and $0.10, then Jumped back up to value. The time span was shorter then Iraq, but it was still a revalue:

just because a more general chart does nto reflect the blip does nto mean it di dnot happen.

So the value of the currency dropped to insignificant, then it suddenly was restored to a new Value which was not an RI, but a different value then previous, so an RV.

Except that it DIDNT change value in the open global market. Their money still had the same value in the world, but they dumped it to get USD because they were scared and needed cash they could use. So to compare what happened on the black market in Kuwait to what is happening on the GLOBAL market in Iraq is completely wrong. The IQD was DEVALUED on the global level. Plain and simple. Whoever started the rumors of Kuwait and the 'rv' did it to get sales and nothing more. It NEVER should have been nor should it ever be used from now on as a comparison.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitive one Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Didn't Saddam actually raise the value to $3.22? wouldnt that be an in- country RV of sorts?

Inquisitive one
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

In County RV Empty The new is not wrong every time!

Post by 052676 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 pm

The reason we generally accept info from the news is because they
are correct most of the time, unlike the people who say it has RVd
who are WRONG EVERY TIME and never correct !!! They should
know that saying it has RVd has serious consequences.

I know for a fact that because they say these things there are people
who borrow money, or use there savings to buy more Dinar, mostly because
they are new at this and they heard it for the first time. Most of the
time they suffer because later they needed that money maybe to
pay there rent or mortgage or something of importance.

Most of use know better because we have heard this so many times we
know its nothing but rumors.

It seems like I read that Okie said no one should say it has
RVd on this website until it has shown on CBI or Forex.
Didn't he say something like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 pm

People in this country bought KWD cheap and sold it when the Value was brought back up RI/RV doesn't matter as far as that goes, are you saying that nobody made money off this or that the currency was not devalued purchased and sold back whenit was revalued?

The original question was about an in-country RV and you are tap dancing around the technicalities of one point supporting the possibilty of this happening. The point is an "in-country" RV can happen, and it is not some ellusive mysterious process that nobody can understand.

In this case if someone actually read what was said, it was not being used as a direct comparison to what is happening in Iraq. As far as not changing the value on the Global market, well there appears to have been continuous changes on the global market. Pre-war the KWD was peg to the British Pound at a rate of about 1 to 1, Post restoring KWD to value it is pegged to the USD at a higher value, how can this not be a revalue on the global market?

This all aside, I did not do a comparison of what is happening in Iraq with what happened in Kuwait, I only used it as a reference for understanding what an "in-country" RV can mean. Please really research your "facts" and read what is written before discrediting yourself by pointing out what is wrong with what wasn't posted. Thank you

DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm

DTConcerned wrote:People in this country bought KWD cheap and sold it when the Value was brought back up RI/RV doesn't matter as far as that goes, are you saying that nobody made money off this or that the currency was not devalued purchased and sold back whenit was revalued? People in Kuwait that purchased KD from the black market, made money when the banks opened back up... The banks were closed during the Iraqi occupation and people were forced to goto the black market... It was a black market/street rate not a CBK rate... KD could ONLY be purchased that cheaply from the black market/streets which means you had to be there! The KD was devalued on the black market, but not on the Forex or global markets.

The original question was about an in-country RV and you are tap dancing around the technicalities of one point supporting the possibilty of this happening. The point is an "in-country" RV can happen, and it is not some ellusive mysterious process that nobody can understand. No, it can't happen! If it could/did the country as a whole would have to be locked down to prevent the cycle of buying cheap currency outside of the country only to travel into the country and cash out at a different, much higher rate or vice versa

In this case if someone actually read what was said, it was not being used as a direct comparison to what is happening in Iraq. As far as not changing the value on the Global market, well there appears to have been continuous changes on the global market. Pre-war the KWD was peg to the British Pound at a rate of about 1 to 1, Post restoring KWD to value it is pegged to the USD at a higher value, how can this not be a revalue on the global market? From it's inception in 1961 to March 17,1975 it was pegged to the GBP. From March 18, 1975 to January 4, 2003 the dinar was pegged to a weighted currency basket. From January 5, 2003 until May 20, 2007, the pegging was switched to 1 U.S. dollar. From June 16, 2007, the Kuwaiti dinar was re-pegged to a basket of currencies and is now worth about US$3.609 (€2.686). It is the world's highest-valued currency unit. Value was adjusted to remain constant when repegged and since the value didn't change, NO RV... The chart is broad but if the value had changed in the global market, it would show a drastic dip and rise over the months of occupation.

This all aside, I did not do a comparison of what is happening in Iraq with what happened in Kuwait, I only used it as a reference for understanding what an "in-country" RV can mean. Please really research your "facts" and read what is written before discrediting yoruself by pointing out what is wrong with what wasn't posted. Thank you
I know I have done mine and when people mention Kuwait and RV in the same sentence, obviously they haven't done their research...

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Or like me, they really don't care if it was called an RV, RI, or R2D2 as long as it happens! Razz

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bish Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Well it’s obvious the boys over at PTR are seeing their
membership dwindle month to month because everybody has realized they are not
informed and the PTR membership is worthless!!
If anyone heard the PTR early call today they spent time threatening
folks that took their ccalls or intel elsewhere. Dan has spent the last 120
days explaining to anyone that would listen why his intel is valid while
everyone else’s is crap. It is apparent
that the cool aide everyone is getting sour and paying $14.99 a month to hear
Dan and Tony tell us how great they are, ans how terrible everyone else is.....is getting old.

Big Bish

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 pm

CaptnJerry just one fact you overlooked, KWD was valued in 1991 at 3.22 USD according to the Article from the newspaper at that time. So that said and the link already in this thread, I am not going to waist my time with the rest of your .... whatever you want to call it.

DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

DTConcerned wrote:CaptnJerry just one fact you overlooked, KWD was valued in 1991 at 3.22 USD according to the Article from the newspaper at that time. So that said and the link already in this thread, I am not going to waist my time with the rest of your .... whatever you want to call it.

Incorrect again. They actually stated the rate is "The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar." Now if you spend the time and go to a site like www.oanda.com and click on the history and you can go back to those years, you see that it was around that value (maybe a penny up and down) for those few years around that time frame. But that might be "waisting" your time too since it will show you that it NEVER devalued on the open market, plain and simple.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:35 pm

DTConcerned wrote:CaptnJerry just one fact you overlooked, KWD was valued in 1991 at 3.22 USD according to the Article from the newspaper at that time. So that said and the link already in this thread, I am not going to waist my time with the rest of your .... whatever you want to call it.

Your overlooking the small fact that the KWD was actually $3.47 USD pre-invasion then re-instated post-liberation to $3.47 USD... Don't go away mad... It's ok to be wrong... It's how you learn! Ilikeyou

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 pm

I LOVE THIS THREAD !!!! Some real conversation here and there in it!! YAY!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:17 pm

CaptnJerry wrote:

Your overlooking the small fact that the KWD was actually $3.47 USD pre-invasion then re-instated post-liberation to $3.47 USD... Don't go away mad... It's ok to be wrong... It's how you learn! In County RV 1261280965

CJ

I stand corrected on the Post War value, but in fact that is still different then the Pre-war value and also notes that during the occupation it was the Iraq Dinar that was the only accepted currency, so the KWD was suspended as a currency.

Anyway, I have to log out for now.

DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:36 pm

GREAT discussion, all -- thanks for the education!

My comment on the "in-country RV" would be that I read someplace that it had RVd on paper in Iraq but hadn't actually been released to the banks yet. But that's just another rumor.
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by elvishd1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks for some real facts Butterfly...thanks for keeping everyone on track.

therealbutterfly wrote:
DTConcerned wrote:Nice Rebuff on Kuwait, except. KWD did drop to extremely low value between $0.05 and $0.10, then Jumped back up to value. The time span was shorter then Iraq, but it was still a revalue:

Except that it DIDNT change value in the open global market. Their money still had the same value in the world, but they dumped it to get USD because they were scared and needed cash they could use. So to compare what happened on the black market in Kuwait to what is happening on the GLOBAL market in Iraq is completely wrong. The IQD was DEVALUED on the global level. Plain and simple. Whoever started the rumors of Kuwait and the 'rv' did it to get sales and nothing more. It NEVER should have been nor should it ever be used from now on as a comparison.
elvishd1
elvishd1
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm

DTConcerned wrote:I stand corrected on the Post War value, but in fact that is still different then the Pre-war value and also notes that during the occupation it was the Iraq Dinar that was the only accepted currency, so the KWD was suspended as a currency.

Anyway, I have to log out for now.

Exactly! It was a suspended currency that was re-instated to it's pre-invasion rate once the banks reopened... Why was that so difficult for you to comprehend?

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum