Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Giving your 10% DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Giving your 10%

+8
az-tex
Kevind53
MiddleClassMaiden
KingBunny
Potato Head
happywelshguy
1alaskan
hikari
12 posters

Go down

Giving your 10% Empty Giving your 10%

Post by hikari Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I was wondering from a financial / Tax stand point.

What people views as well as how they intend to give back there 10%

What are some of the benefits in doing it a certain way.

I know it's a tax write off so is it better to do it all Now. Over time, Later from another account?

I have a bus Trust right now is it better to make the donation from there at the beginning. Or after you transfer money to an LLC or your personal accounts and do it from there.

Just wondering what and how other people intend to do it.

Thanks

God bless.

hikari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Giving your 10% Empty Re: Giving your 10%

Post by 1alaskan Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Moved to correct forum,

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hikari Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

thank you

hikari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 pm

I think your question is best answered by your tax/trust folks, but we have a few of both as members.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happywelshguy Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Everyones situation is different, so I would ask a Tax / Trust Attorney and CPA

bounce

@hikari wrote:I was wondering from a financial / Tax stand point.

What people views as well as how they intend to give back there 10%

What are some of the benefits in doing it a certain way.

I know it's a tax write off so is it better to do it all Now. Over time, Later from another account?

I have a bus Trust right now is it better to make the donation from there at the beginning. Or after you transfer money to an LLC or your personal accounts and do it from there.

Just wondering what and how other people intend to do it.

Thanks

God bless.

"I AM THAT "I AM"

ENJOY EVERY PRECIOUS MOMENT!

LOVE IS LOUDER!

EVERY SOUL IS PRECIOUS BEYOND MEASURE!
happywelshguy
happywelshguy
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Potato Head Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm personally not giving "10%" because thats old testament law. The new testament says in 2 Cor 9:7

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not
reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

I wont get under that law. As to the rest of your post, I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you friend. My group and I will be using tax people, bank people and anyone else we have set up for that stuff.
Potato Head
Potato Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hikari Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks for the input guys.

Was just wondering what the plan was for others.

I plan to get a finical advice after the RV hits to advice me on such matter.

just figured I would get a cencious from what others are doing.

hikari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingBunny Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:58 am

Check your New Testament again my friend. Jesus made it clear that we should tithe:

Matt 23:23.“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!

KingBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 am

@hikari wrote:Thanks for the input guys.

Was just wondering what the plan was for others.

I plan to get a finical advice after the RV hits to advice me on such matter.

just figured I would get a cencious from what others are doing.

Lot's of GOOD input in this thread. Take a look at some thoughts recently posted: http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t18249-tips-for-when-you-get-blessed-financially#118604

There is wisdom in the counsel of many.. God WILL show us clearly how we're to be obedient to HIM in ALL we do... IMHO
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: threadsneaker Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Personally, I believe 10% is just a starting place. Look at the story of the Widow's Two Mites, she gave a couple "pennies," and was commended for it. Why, because she gave all she had. How was she able to be such a radical giver? Well the story doesn't say, but based upon study and prayer I believe she was able to do it because of the intimacy of her relationship with God, she could give her all, because she knew God intimately as Yehova Yireh, The God Who Provides. I could go on, but I don't think anyone wants me to post a 20 or 30,000 word missive here.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by az-tex Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:Personally, I believe 10% is just a starting place. Look at the story of the Widow's Two Mites, she gave a couple "pennies," and was commended for it. Why, because she gave all she had. How was she able to be such a radical giver? Well the story doesn't say, but based upon study and prayer I believe she was able to do it because of the intimacy of her relationship with God, she could give her all, because she knew God intimately as Yehova Yireh, The God Who Provides. I could go on, but I don't think anyone wants me to post a 20 or 30,000 word missive here.

I agree 100%.... GREAT POST!!!!

Giving your 10% 1261280965

In God's timing, not a second sooner...
az-tex
az-tex
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hikari Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 pm

We are given favor and blessings to help others...
There is more on these forums about how am I going to spend the money rather then how am I going to bless others.

Of course there are things I want to do. Pay my home off as well as other dept. But at the same time there are others I intend on blessing as well .
I was hoping for some input on the best practice way of doing so.

Like I stated before I intend in getting a financial advisor after the RV but its nice to get a bit of knowledge so I know what to inquire about..

thank you all

The storm is building I believe the storm will Rain all that has been stolen from us our family and generations back with Favor and Blessings

hikari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:Personally, I believe 10% is just a starting place. Look at the story of the Widow's Two Mites, she gave a couple "pennies," and was commended for it. Why, because she gave all she had. How was she able to be such a radical giver? Well the story doesn't say, but based upon study and prayer I believe she was able to do it because of the intimacy of her relationship with God, she could give her all, because she knew God intimately as Yehova Yireh, The God Who Provides. I could go on, but I don't think anyone wants me to post a 20 or 30,000 word missive here.

Kevin, How will we or would we even be wanted to tithe if this investment turns out to be a break even event or actually at a negative point once exchange fees are taken out ? I am very seriously looking for an answer on this as I personally feel this is a very real short term outcome. Thanks everyone in advance.

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Giving your 10% Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:47 pm

@CaptnJerry wrote:

Kevin, How will we or would we even be wanted to tithe if this investment turns out to be a break even event or actually at a negative point once exchange fees are taken out ? I am very seriously looking for an answer on this as I personally feel this is a very real short term outcome. Thanks everyone in advance.

CJ

Well by definition there would not be a tithe, since a tithe is a tenth of the increase ... however, giving is between you and the Lord ... If He says give, give, do it out of a place of intimacy, love of the bride for the Bridegroom, with abandon and trust in your Provider. If you sincerely seek His will and obey, you will never go wrong.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865  Giving your 10% 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you Kevin. That's how I am looking at it, but just wanted opinions other than my own...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Giving your 10% Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:57 pm

I'll be giving 10 off the top to Church. Depending on what the rate ends up being I would like to stabilize what I have left and try to have it produce some sort of income before I go full out philanthropist.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Potato Head Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:26 pm

@KingBunny wrote:Check your New Testament again my friend. Jesus made it clear that we should tithe:

Matt 23:23.“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!

Sorry friend, when Jesus was born, it was still Old Testament law. When Jesus DIED the New Testament "law" came into effect. As Hebrews tells us, the old wasn't replaced by the New UNTIL Jesus' death.

If you like to read, I would HIGHLY recommend a wonderful book by Andrew Farley called The Naked Gospel.
Bless you
Potato Head
Potato Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingBunny Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Bless you too bro, however, I wonder why one would even question it......to me, it is a heart issue. Trust me, I am with you on the "legalism" issue. However, we should want to be obedient because of what He's done for us. Jesus actually added to the law. Just a casual study of the Sermon on the Mount will reveal that he changed the game. He explained that even thinking lustful thoughts equated to adultery. So, the bottom line is, where's one's heart? Besides, God the Father owns it all. All He asks is for 10% back to fund His deal and you have the freedom to do what you want with the 90%, within reason. Pretty good deal to me. Be blessed.

KingBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:08 pm

This is as much a religious question as it is a tax question. See the "Gospels" are the closing of the old Testament and and the Day of Pentecost marks the seal of the new Testament, so Potato Head is right about not being under the law of the old Testament, but living under the grace of the new Testament. Let's take a look at the old Testament Law for a minute though. If you read all the accounts, you will see that they gave their tithe(10%) once a year from their increase over where they were the year before. Based on that premise they did not tithe from every increase when it happened, but the overall increase for the year. Not 10% of every paycheck, but 10% of their overall increase(Property, bank accounts crops, livestock) over the previous year. Not a tithe on all income as it happened.

Now we live under grace and give according to what is in our hearts, not according to the letter of a law, does Grace then do less then the law? or is grace less grace if we do not meet the letter of the law? No and no. We give of our hearts, whether it is to the poor fellow on the corner that needs a meal and we listened when God moved in our heart or if it is to the man who share the knowledge of scripture that we can understand so that he can keep sharing and others too can learn. We share from the heart, because it is God that works in our hearts to do that which is good and according to his will. We act on our believing.

If you are a Christian then the scripture states that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, every Jot ant Tittle, so now we might live in Christ and not under the law, not putting ourselves back under the yoke of the laws which is to death, but under the Grace of God in Christ Jesus which is to life everlasting. Do not be burdened with the weight of the law, but rather fill you heart with Gods truth and give as he moves in your heart to do, with a joyful heart, knowing what you do is for the good of God and your family in Christ.

Don’t ride the hype, use wisdom. Live life in the now, hope for the future, and use wisdom in dealing with the affairs of men.
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Well this is a deep subject and would take more room than we have here, but Jesus said: "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Mt 5:18) We are not to place ourselves back under a legalistic, religious system such as was prevalent then, (and unfortunately IMO, now). But the law did not pass away, if anything, we are held to a higher standard. Fortunately, there is only one law we need to worry about, when He was asked what was the greatest commandment, Jesus replied: "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (Mt 22:37–40)

As to the tithe, the model taught by most is IMO incorrect. There is not enough room here to discuss it fully, but Leviticus 14 makes it clear that it was consumed together, by all, more of a love feast as it were, and every third year, set aside as provision for the priests and those in need. (Lev 14:22 to end). Keep in mind what Leviticus is, Moses is about to go off with God to die, and this is his last testament as it were, that is his last chance to make sure the people get it right. So then he is explaining the meaning of the law to those who remain behind.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drbob Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

For $250.00 you can give a smile to a cleft plate baby through the Smile Train.

They do about 300,000 surgeries each year and if I am not mistaken 98% of all monies go to the kids.

They are located in pretty much all countries so you could probable pick the country of choice.

Maybe some little Iraquies need some help there too.

I have no affiliation with the Smile Train except that I donate to them already.

God bless all.:cheers:

drbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum