Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day...

+10
Ponee
Kevind53
rocklady
idlivin
SEBtopdog
Horizon
dinarstar
Peppermint Patti
IQD4US
GoldPeg9
14 posters

Go down

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Empty Humor - having a bad "senior age" day...

Post by GoldPeg9 Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:50 am

Forget a "bad hair" day...having a bad "senior age" day...

$5.37...

That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me. I dug into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that used to be a Jolly Rancher. Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I started to head back out to the truck to grab some change when the kid with the Elmo hairdo said the hardest thing anyone has ever said to me. He said, "It's OK.. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of change hitting the counter in front of me.
-
"Only $4.68" he said cheerfully.

I stood there stupefied. I am 56, not even 60 yet? A mere child! Hardly a senior citizen?

I took my burrito and walked out to the truck wondering what was wrong with Elmo. Was he blind?
-
As I sat in the truck, my blood began to boil. Old? Me?

I'll show him, I thought. I opened the door and headed back inside. I strode to the counter, and there he was waiting with a smile.
-
Before I could say a word, he held up something and jingled it in front of me, like I could be that easily distracted! What am I now? A toddler?

"Dude! Can't get too far without your car keys, eh?" I stared with utter disdain at the keys. I began to rationalize in my mind!

"Leaving keys behind hardly makes a man elderly! It could happen to anyone!"
-
I turned and headed back to the truck. I slipped the key into the ignition, but it wouldn't turn. What now? I checked my keys and tried another. Still nothing.

That's when I noticed the purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror. I had no purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror.

Then, a few other objects came into focus: The car seat in the back seat.. Happy Meal toys spread all over the floorboard. A partially eaten doughnut on the dashboard.
-
Faster than you can say ginkgo biloba, I flew out of the alien vehicle!!

Moments later I was speeding out of the parking lot, relieved to finally be leaving this nightmarish stop in my life. That is when I felt it, deep in the bowels of my stomach: hunger! My stomach growled and churned, and I reached to grab my burrito, only it was nowhere to be found.

I swung the truck around, gathered my courage, and strode back into the restaurant one final time. There Elmo stood, draped in youth and black nail polish. All I could think was, "What is the world coming to?"

All I could say was, "Did I leave my food and drink in here"? At this point I was ready to ask a Boy Scout to help me back to my vehicle, and then go straight home and apply for Social Security benefits.
-
Elmo had no clue.
-
I walked back out to the truck, and suddenly a young lad came up and tugged on my jeans to get my attention. He was holding up a drink and a bag. His mother beside him explained, "I think you left this in my truck by mistake."

I took the food and drink from the little boy and sheepishly apologized.

She offered these kind words: "It's OK. My grandfather does stuff like this all the time."
-
All of this is to explain how I got a ticket doing 85 in a 40 mph zone. Yessss, I was racing some punk kid in a Toyota Prius.. And no, I told the officer, I'm not too old to be driving this fast.

As I walked in the front door, my wife met me halfway down the hall. I handed her a bag of cold food and a $300 speeding ticket. I promptly sat in my rocking chair and covered up my legs with a 'blankey.'

The good news was I had successfully found my way home.

Notice the larger type? That's for those of us who have trouble reading.

P.S. Save the earth...... It's the only planet with chocolate!!!!!

[/size]

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Empty Re: Humor - having a bad "senior age" day...

Post by IQD4US Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Well Thanks!

Ha ha ha - whoohoohoo hoooUUUU

As I read this post I was busting at the gut in laughter. My children playing mario on the WII asking first "what's so funny" - turning into "mom-are you ok?". When they saw the tears flowing down my face they said "should we call dad?

I read your post out loud, and my daughter (15) says "oh-that's terrible" but my son (9) goes "It's ok mom - we knew you were old" which caused even more uncontrollable laughter.

The good news is - when we really do get old - we won't remember it long enough to share..lol

May your day get better - and I would at least take a copy of this in your defense to traffic court. The Judge HAS to take leniency - or at least be laughing so hard he CAN'T speak his order with any intelligence.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Empty Re: Humor - having a bad "senior age" day...

Post by Peppermint Patti Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for the entertainment. It really was funny...

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last.."

VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:44 pm

GoldPeg,that is tooo funny!

At 57 I can relate to that! lmao lmao lmao

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldPeg9 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:56 pm

@dinarstar wrote:GoldPeg,that is tooo funny!

At 57 I can relate to that! Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 3973136183 Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 3973136183 Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 3973136183

It cracked me up too.

I'm hitting 60 this year in June, and have done my fair share of some of this stuff. Just the other day my neighbour knocked on my door with my mail box key from the Rural Route boxes a mile from where I live in the country. ( People here still actually help their neighbours!)

The guy told me, but I don't remember how they even knew they were my keys! LOL

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 3973136183 lol....That is too funny!!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:25 pm

GoldPeg9 -- Oh my! Thank you so much for this one. I laughed and laughed.

Thanks goodness we become "elite members" here and not "senior members". Wink

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idlivin Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Thank you. That was precious. Reminds me of when the dads were taking our daughters to the Girl Scout Sock hop. I had my 1976 letter jacket on as did other dads '82 and '86. They asked what year I graduated from high school. I said high school, this is my college jacket. As we get more wisdom.

idlivin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Now this fella knows all about having a tough day!!.
I hope the chicken image comes out,I do not know how to download it,one of those permanent senior moments I have,ahem!!

http://www.heavenforbeginners.com/its-been-a-tough-week-but-i-made-it

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Great post. I needed a good laugh.
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Loved it! Deb and I laughed our Butts off ...Gonna send it to our oldest daughter for her 40th ... just to help her fell better! Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 3973136183

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Memories of yesterdays, and old friends.... a trip down memory lane... If you guess are lurking, we miss you guys !!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:14 am

Oh yes the memories!  That was funny all over again!
Then to scroll down and see peppermint patti, and it brings tears to my eyes because last time  I talked to her she was hurting so bad, and then slowly after no word from her.  I miss our old friends that we talked to and lost touch with, like SEBtopdog, Goldpeg, rock lady, and all the rest!  I wish we could have a reunion! We spent so much time together in this room!
My prayers go out to each of our missing friends! If you lurk, stop in and say Hello sometimes!
 Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2243815925 

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 am

Those were my thoughts also Horizon when I read that and looked at the answering posts that followed.  I will always wonder about them.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 pm

I have seen the occasional comment from Sebbi on other sites. Unfortunately, I suspect that PP lost the battle. In one respect her gain, but our loss. She will be missed.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865  Humor - having a bad "senior age" day... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Excellent. great truth and humour!!!

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 pm

I have missed Peppermint Patty, and SEB, and Goldpeg. It was fun to re-read that episode.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 pm

That was a great story! It is such a shame connections have been lost over the years.

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:04 am

well - you know that Alzheimer's....forgot how to get here....did I make it ?  Where am I going...crud - hope I know these people I'm writing too....oh look - squirrel.

Where Alzheimer's takes its toll on all family members, and is really NOT humorous, if we don't stop and take time to enjoy life, we will miss it.  Each moment only comes once, and is never repeated except in thought through memories.

So I spend less time on the boards, more time being one with the land.  Hunting, fishing, raising the kids, traveling, teaching our family to enjoy LIFE - and appreciate it.  Some connections are lost to death (we've seen a few more go this last year), some due to life changes (like us walking away from "wishes" and living IN the day, with the day), and some are just around - but tired of getting beaten up so they stay silent.

We have had many a good times, many a great discussions, I am around, and having met you, my life is improved.  We cast the evil from within our ranks - and stood together guarding the innocent sheep from the wolves that would prey upon their fears.  We will stand together again - in the end, and celebrate our journey.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by penny3159 Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:55 am

For all those that are having a bad "senior age" day.
I use to live what my Grand Mother called "the here after" Now what was I here after?
and then spend the day struggle to figure it out..

Then I found out that Yeast Over Growth caused the memory loss.

People please check out Candida and its symptoms.

memory loss is very scary and I try to help people from ever having to go threw it
Get the Yeast over Growth under control and in most cases it can reverse memory loss
I used Can-Sol by Pure Herbs ltd and Acidophilus by NatureSunshine.com

penny3159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:12 am

IQD4US...you are so right!  As you can see I love my friends here but don't spent a lot of time on the boards.  I try to do my job and go on with life like I don't have Dinar waiting to cash in everyday!  Spent too many days hoping that was the day! This sight is reality!  We know it will happen we just don't live it everyday with all the pumpers!  Weekends we usually go out to the camp, no cell service or internet! Quality time with family and friends out in the woods! Making memories!   coffee 

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:13 am

Weekends right now we just try to stay warm!  :chilly:  :stuk:

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 am

Penny you are right and I have been reading a lot about this lately.  This something we should do even if we have no symptoms.  I have been studying more and more things about natural ways to stay healthy and  things to use for healing.   Doctors don't want us doing this! It's a money thing!  I am scared of the medicines they prescribe for us to take!

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum