Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)

+136
Spacious
argonauta
cmondini
Renegade
john
ROGER
renny123
toast2
dinarstar
bonkers
benihill
colettef
dinarling77
Barry G
sandyk1
denise27
SSGTMM521
andregrobler
dhill958
oregonseeker
prophet1036
famllibO
Proactive1
cynthia m
TNman
GoldPeg9
mskish
IQD4US
abby ann
PALMER01
aikisteve
4goldenpat
snoopy37738
Bita
The G-Man
lynneann
ianjohns
fatboy
Peppermint Patti
keyman
bjj
justme
gp cobb
RJinAZ
Squishy
Kymike
KAI
justpassntime
timnoble
BobKelley
alohajim
HighMountainRider
All
prov2925
kirosnic
Leslie63
RONDO
lilygirl
ministerb
stevejss1
electron
healthyhank
ou812
Darling
UpwardCall
captspiffy
vegasdinar
BIGTIM
RTPTC45
Hunterhero
dinardizzy
socalcutie
BlackLines
GermZAP
plumberette
dinarOT
lyleh
skyski
kingdommoney
doodoo
holytrinity
c
fridayh
Imperium
LovingPeopleToLife
theloupe
highdollarfolks
betterjam
coach10
geezer
jbish422
snowbird
tobiasfunke
Purveyor007
OBOMADRAMA
crawdaddy2x22
elvishd1
dinarmama7
Dina Roil
FoxyRoxy
Herb Lady
tnmom
wenlee
OKie_GEM
ProDinar
ibcraig0
Catherine
SBM0601
therealbutterfly
fang2
Bcolorad
CaptainSwashBuckle
Bikertrash
Azure
Shipngold
Ponee
spirit144
rick152
jlittle9823
Kevind53
wes
nana1
bobd
madaussie
1alaskan
LookingAtTheHeavens
CaptnJerry
Horizon
readysetrv
GoodGosh
Purpleskyz
supergirl
PGLD
openmind
pastorwright
ADMIN
140 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Disallow hear say postings?

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap65%Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 826 ]
Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap35%Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 451 ]

Total Votes : 1277

Poll closed

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)

Post by FoxyRoxy Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:26 pm

@ponee wrote:

Oh no I dare say you may be right...creative logic...it is an oxymoron isn't it?

I don't think so. There are some out there who have to get pretty creative in order to come up with any logic! Razz

FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)

Post by ADMIN Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm

@vegasdinar wrote:Who determines what is "truth"?

Is a government document truth?

Is a reporter's account truth?

Is a newspaper truth?

Let each individual decide.

This is not gonna work.

It will constantly be people bickering about this very topic.

Remember, THIS SITE IS NAMED AND DEDICATED TO EXACTLY THAT WHICH YOU WILL BE ELIMINATING.

Everyone say BYE OKIE!

We are adults here...so ridiculous that we are controlling the flow of information like this.

This is a privately owned site, that allows public access....

I asked if people wanted to hear from those that are NOT members here that start their posts with "I JUST GOT A CALL, OR I JUST HEAR FROM MY SOURCE"

That is all...

IF they are a participating member/leader... they will remain...

I personally dont want the hype... building people up day after day... and dashing the hopes the next when it doesnt RV...

Hopefully this clarifies some things...

Thank you...

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Yes, that needs to be clarified through out this thread. People are not reading all the posts, since there are so many. A lot of people really do not understand just what the poll is asking .

Last edited by ponee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 Empty voting

Post by Kymike Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello everyone, I would vote ""NO"", because we run the risk of censorship, but now if you pick and choose what you wish to hear, we may run the risk of missing a rumor that may turn into a truth....as one poster stated...

"on all the posts that you are labelling "heresay" why don't you insist that they have a very large 'RUMOR ONLY'at the very top of the post.that would allow anyone to not read being forewarned.might be good to create a catagory entitled rumor only".....

and this should be the rule of the board, redesign the board, or add to it, a box that must be checked off, and if someone doesn't check the board, then it should andmust be deleted with out regard to content, period.....

Can anyone say without a doubt that a rumor has never become a fact?....and the reverse point can be be made as well at times...

also the board should be review and if something is found to be of question, and the poster can't give facts to the claim, within a reasonable time frame, then it must be removed..

there must be hard and fast rules, other wise you will have the wild west mind set.....I vote "NO", with rules in place..

kyMike

Kymike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squishy Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Thank you Miskebam for working so hard at bringing peace to this site and investment. I don't envy you, but I totally respect you!!!
Squishy
Squishy
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RJinAZ Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

The funny thing here is even the intel providers, gurus, wingmen on OOM are giving rumors. Though they say they don't allow rumors, they are doing the same thing. Just because you say something is fact doesn't mean it is!

If the rumors go away, doesn't this site go away?

RJinAZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:02 pm

@RJinAZ wrote:The funny thing here is even the intel providers, gurus, wingmen on OOM are giving rumors. Though they say they don't allow rumors, they are doing the same thing. Just because you say something is fact doesn't mean it is!

If the rumors go away, doesn't this site go away?

The poll address ONLY the intel providers that are NOT members of this site......
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gp cobb Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:18 pm

IMO: I do not want to hear from every board and their BS re posted on this board. A copy paste guru does not make you a star or win you a star. Leave the jonnywig posts over there, JMO.

G.P. Cobb
gp cobb
gp cobb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Yes, please...

justme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Did you vote in the poll on the top? It doesn't count down here.

Last edited by ponee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bjj Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

It seems to me it was once said it is all rumors until it actually RVs. In my opinion, I do not mind reading intel from some who might happened on some very important information whether they are regulars or not. Just because they do not give intel often does not make them liars. What happened to freedom of speech as some have told me when they were belittleing another guru. Seems biased if you ask me.

Barb

:flake:  :cany cane smil
bjj
bjj

View user profile http://freewebs.com/dollarstoday/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by alohajim Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Can anyone answer wheather the "rumor or scuttlbutt" section is the most widely read section.

If it says rumor we have the choice not to read it.

Obviously the site has the right to exclude anything, although Okie used to call it "our site".

alohajim
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm

@alohajim wrote:Can anyone answer wheather the "rumor or scuttlbutt" section is the most widely read section.

If it says rumor we have the choice not to read it.

Obviously the site has the right to exclude anything, although Okie used to call it "our site".

Yes, most topics and most number of posts
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by keyman Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm

We've always had rumors. That's why it's Okie's Scuttlebutt. If we were to enter only hard news in a section, maybe that would be the answer.

Scuttlebutt's the name of the game, so we can't be upset if the rumors don't pan out. If someone puts something in the "hard news" section, then maybe there should be consequences.

keyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipngold Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm

The poll addresses ONLY the intel providers that are NOT members of this site......
The poll addresses ONLY the intel providers that are NOT members of this site......

.............................................................................................................

Thanks, PONEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shipngold
Shipngold
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 pm

It really doesn't matter to me? There needs to be content and I don't think every rumor is necessarily a lie?

On the other hand I believe some people come on and post without caring what it is they are posting. But, unless you specifically are on a permission only basis to post you'll get a certain amount of this anyway.

However, if you keep the posting to the members only I do think it will clean up a certain amount of garbage. I personally believe many of the OOM members do care about each other and only want to post what seems to be honorably true...

It reminds me of life in general, we have good days, in-be-tween days and bad days and I'm sure this flows over to the forums.. You can read something on one of your bad days and it gets you far more peeved than if you read it on one of your good days when you'll say "oh well" and just walk away...

Have a great evening everyone,

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."

VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fatboy Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:48 pm

It is all rumors..till PROVEN fact.

fatboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ianjohns Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Miskebam wrote:
@horizon wrote:Ok, am I understanding this right? Okie, Bear , etc...that are part of this site would still give their intel, even though we know they can't provide links for the intel they receive. I feel we have to have some information that doesn't have links, because if not, we won't hear anything about the RV.

I hope this makes sense!!!!!

This site was built for Okie and what he wants to say... and his friends...

It wasnt built to report what everyone says across the forums... that can be easily found by clicking on the dinar recaps button link on the left hand side of the forum.

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 949729897
ianjohns
ianjohns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 Empty lynneann

Post by lynneann Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 927261665 I get tried of hearing these idiots predicting...when it happens it happens...Bottom line no one knows .....

lynneann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The G-Man Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm

It's about time to eliminate "hearsay" and seek the truth. I was talking to Snoopy who had to "stand down" for a couple of weeks to let his foot pads heal from running from here to there chasing "hearsay" comments. Poor dogs feet were bleeding just like my heart bleeds for the peeps who have been misled by people who report rumors trying to get their 15 Minutes Of Fame. Great idea Miskebam.

The G-man
The G-Man
The G-Man
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

@lynneann wrote:Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 927261665 I get tried of hearing these idiots predicting...when it happens it happens...Bottom line no one knows .....

You do realize that if you voted no, you voted to allow the intel on the site....right? No means don't disallow it.
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The G-Man Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 pm

@lynneann wrote:Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 927261665 I get tried of hearing these idiots predicting...when it happens it happens...Bottom line no one knows .....

lynneann: Are you sure you read the question? A "NO" vote means to continue the very thing you "get tired of hearing". Just saying :yes:
The G-Man
The G-Man
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Makes me wonder how many have mixed the two up....

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bita Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 pm

just the truth please

Bita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopy37738 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 pm

I vote NO.

As long as fact, opinion and rumor are labeled properly, I had rather get it all. I have read many discussions of Iraqi articles and find that translations vary greatly from one interpreter to another. In other words, discussion of Arab writings depends on a lot of opinion as to what the words mean and the interpreter is not always accurate. Besides, who knows what is smoke and what is truth in print these days.

snoopy37738

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 Empty No more rumors

Post by 4goldenpat Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm

WOW finally..... I quite reading the forums at various sites too much rumors.. I want facts... and found a couple of sites that five the facts not rumors. Some of the people here do not understand the financial world and it is very upsetting to them when rumors do not happen...as they were give to understand it our RV here, now later of finally. It is God's RV and will happen when it is time. Yes, I could really use my new wealth but when it it time per God.

This site is great and happy to be a member here..Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 174797362

4goldenpat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aikisteve Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm

If this means no more cakes in the oven at whatever degree of temperature or boarding some kind of aircraft, then I guess I'm all for it. The only problem is that sometimes a rumour can actually lead to the truth, eventually. After all, we are all subjected to so much bullcrap from the mainsteam media everyday about every other subject and hopefully know in our hearts what is real and what is not, then I think we should know by now where to draw the line and who has our best interest in mind regarding the IQD. I say leave it. NO

aikisteve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 pm

So, Ponee, are you saying, Yes=Disallow

No=Allow
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes. I mean correct.
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm

By the way, I already voted. Just wanted to be sure I understood correctly.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Lol.... Ok ..question is... Did you vote the way you thought you did?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elvishd1 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Need to bring back the Pony express to deliver the RV from the East to the West...
elvishd1
elvishd1
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Well, it is kind of like looking at a voting ballot. You HAVE to read the question. Otherwise you get the wrong guy in office.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Kind of like those trick questions in school.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 949729897 Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 3151798102
@ponee wrote:Lol.... Ok ..question is... Did you vote the way you thought you did?
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm

@elvishd1 wrote:Need to bring back the Pony express to deliver the RV from the East to the West...

Did you mean the ponee express?
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:39 pm

It doesn't really matter if people are voting for the right thing or not at this point... It's pretty obvious that "no" lost since this morning. It's been pretty painful seeing this get dragged out all day. It's like we are Hector being dragged from the back of Achilles chariot.
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Omg I hated that scene!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

But, Hector felt no pain while being dragged behind that chariot. He was already at the gates.Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 974290055

I voted when trhe poll was new, and something like 40 people had voted. a lot changes in 24 hours.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 pm

@PALMER01 wrote:But, Hector felt no pain while being dragged behind that chariot. He was already at the gates.Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 974290055

I voted when trhe poll was new, and something like 40 people had voted. a lot changes in 24 hours.

Yeah, we get beat by 4 to 1 instead of 2 to 1...
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

YES - WITH RUMOR BEING ANYTHING WITHOUT VERIFICATION.

If there is a link to a reputable site (not another dinar page/blog/dealer/pumper) then it is open discussion.

No more - "I have contacts (can't tell you who) who gave me information (can't tell you what) that ..... no more garbage please!
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

You are right ...we got skinned so it seems. Best we can do is lick our wounds carry on and take our lumps. Starting tomorrow we shall see the new OOM site. Miskebam Thanks for the oppertunity to see what the masses wanted. Very fair to do it this way instead of (obamamacare) and craming it down our throats....rick152

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 pm

IF I VOTE DO I GET A TREAT TREAT???Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 949729897 IF THE ANSWER IS YES THEN I VOTED 50000 TIMES!!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:17 pm

But, Abby, yes means no. No treats for you.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 1261280965 Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 974290055 Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 949729897 Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 3151798102
@PALMER01 wrote:But, Abby, yes means no. No treats for you.
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:29 pm

And the first timers keep on coming!!!! That is amazing! This might be the best damage control I have ever witnessed on this or any of the dinar sites. Very educational. Good job people. I learn a lot here.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 2245507099Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm

I wonder how many haven't been on in several months and will never be back.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Just depends on how many screens names are pulled up from the archives ponee. Smile
Now understand I am not ripping on anyone. Just noting the cleverness at work here.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 2245507099Member Poll - Disallow Rumors? (CLOSED - THX 4 VOTING)  - Page 5 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mskish Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Bring it All,, Let each one deside what to receive Or not.

Freedom !

Psalm 107:20 says: “He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
mskish
mskish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldPeg9 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 pm

This isn't a Yes or No issue with me either. If I absolutely HAD to vote though - I'd vote No.

I don't believe in censorship as long as the poster follows the moral rules. And, if the poster is sincere in what they are posting - then the rest of the members should just use discernment and use their own intuition on what they are reading.

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNman Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 pm

@aikisteve wrote:If this means no more cakes in the oven at whatever degree of temperature or boarding some kind of aircraft, then I guess I'm all for it. The only problem is that sometimes a rumour can actually lead to the truth, eventually. After all, we are all subjected to so much bullcrap from the mainsteam media everyday about every other subject and hopefully know in our hearts what is real and what is not, then I think we should know by now where to draw the line and who has our best interest in mind regarding the IQD. I say leave it. NO

I'm assuming that you will not be reading my comments for at least 7 days because what you just said, including a lot of the same words, got me banned for 7 days for "cussing and name calling".

lol!
TNman
TNman
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum