Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

idq is going down DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

idq is going down

+15
chevysteve
Toby1
IQD4US
GoodGosh
bigdaddytim
PGLD
ou812
Flinstone
supergirl
geezer
CaptnJerry
ADMIN
aubrey
1alaskan
707RV
19 posters

Go down

idq is going down Empty idq is going down

Post by 707RV Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm

i went onto oanda website. the USD now gets you 1137 IQD now. earlier today it was 1157IQD and before that it was 1167IQD. something good is happening. god bless.

707RV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

idq is going down Empty Re: idq is going down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Slowing gaining in value, slowing, but gaining, good news!

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aubrey Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

AT THIS RATE MY GREAT, GREAT GRAND KIDS MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY SOME POP TARTS WITH THE IQD.
aubrey
aubrey
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 pm

IMO this is temporary...

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm

@aubrey wrote:AT THIS RATE MY GREAT, GREAT GRAND KIDS MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY SOME POP TARTS WITH THE IQD.

Nope, at this rate we have about 290 days to get to 1-1, but I'll take it, but I do think that the green M&M is correct.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 am

Alaskan, I personally feel we will see the rate slowly drop down to 1000 IQD - 1 USD. I feel that will be the trigger to release the lower denoms at the 1 IQD - 1 USD rate... Hence the razing of the 000's... 1 OD = .001 USD and 1 ND = 1 USD which will fall in line with what Iraq has been saying 200K OD = 200 ND... JMHO

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to fix decimal place)

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

idq is going down Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:54 am

@CaptnJerry wrote:Alaskan, I personally feel we will see the rate slowly drop down to 1000 IQD - 1 USD. I feel that will be the trigger to release the lower denoms at the 1 IQD - 1 USD rate... Hence the razing of the 000's... 1 OD = .0001 USD and 1 ND = 1 USD which will fall in line with what Iraq has been saying 200K OD = 200 ND... JMHO
DO YOU TRUELY BELIEVE THIS ? IF IT GOES DOWN THAT WAY WE WONT EVEN BREAK EVEN ..SO WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THIS ? UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER THIORY PLEASE SHARE WITH US AS TO WHY YOU ARE STILL IN THIS... NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.. Ilikeyou
CJ
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 am

@geezer I often wonder the same thing? I don't get it.
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:07 am

That will be the initial value... if you were to cash in then, you would still make some money. You would make 170 dinar per dollar, but you can't seen to grasp the fact that this is a long term investment. After this happens, the Iraqi dinar will appreciate up around the Kuwaiti dinar, then giving you 3-4 times the return on your investment! Go read AJ's explaination of the process maybe it will make a little more sense to you...

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t17193-ajs-intel-01-23-12#111953

To answer your other question... I'm in this to make money like everyone else! I just choose to be a realist regarding this investment instead of being a dreamer.

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 am

@captnjerry - ah, i see. now i gotcha. thanks for the response.
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flinstone Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 am

@CaptnJerry - If you would captain please explain how I would make a profit. If I bought 1,000,000 for $1160.00 and after the 200k =200=$200.00, that means my 1 Million dinar is now worth only 1000 dinar or $1,000.00. To me that is a loss of $160.00 and that is before I try to convert to dollars. The only ones who make a profit or those lucky enough to have bought when it was 4,000 to $1 in 2004.
Flinstone
Flinstone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 am

Here, I put it all together so hopefully it will make better sense now...

I personally feel we will see the rate slowly drop down to 1000 IQD - 1 USD. I feel that will be the trigger to release the lower denoms at the 1 IQD - 1 USD rate... Hence the razing of the 000's... 1 OD = .001 USD and 1 ND = 1 USD which will fall in line with what Iraq has been saying 200K OD = 200 ND... That will be the initial value... if you were to cash in then, you would still make some money. You would make 170 dinar per dollar, but no one seems to grasp the fact that this is a long term investment. After this happens, the Iraqi dinar will appreciate up around the Kuwaiti dinar, then giving you 3-4 times the return on your investment! It may take 2 or more years to get there, but I feel it will! Go read AJ's explaination of the process maybe it will make a little more sense to you...

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t17193-ajs-intel-01-23-12#111953

To answer your other question... I'm in this to make money like everyone else! I just choose to be a realist regarding this investment instead of being a dreamer.

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ou812 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

The only relevant price is whats on the CBI site and its 1166.

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PGLD Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am

CaptnJerry,

So, if I understand this correctly, and at the risk of stating the obvious, there will be 2 different rates, one for the OD and one for the ND?

e.g., If the trigger for the RV is 1000 IQD to 1 USD, then the exchange rate for the OD will be 170 IQD to 1 USD, and 1 IQD to 1 USD for the ND.

Questions:

1. Would the 2 different rates not create mass confusion?
2. Are you stating that over time (i.e., 2 years) the OD would then be honored at a much higher rate, similar to the Kuwaiti dinar, or just the ND?
3. How do we know that the the OD will not be declared an invalid/voided currency after (or shortly after) the ND are released?

Thanks for your insights.
PGLD
PGLD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 am

I don't know about the rest of you. But until I see a rate of AT LEAST 1:$1, my dinar stay in the FedEx envelope that they came in, tucked safely in my safe deposit box.

Period.

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodGosh Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:15 am

Interestingly enough Dinar Bankers prices remain the same.
GoodGosh
GoodGosh
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:24 am

Do I have a wrong link?? My Forex shows high of 1166.75 and low of 1164.20. Where can I find these other numbers??
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby1 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am

xe.com shows 1165.50 right now
Toby1
Toby1
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 am

@bigdaddytim wrote:I don't know about the rest of you. But until I see a rate of AT LEAST 1:$1, my dinar stay in the FedEx envelope that they came in, tucked safely in my safe deposit box.

Period.

I'm with you bigdaddytim........ Go big or go home!! Unfortunately, I been spending a lot of time at home. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 am

@PGLD wrote:CaptnJerry,

So, if I understand this correctly, and at the risk of stating the obvious, there will be 2 different rates, one for the OD and one for the ND? Yes

e.g., If the trigger for the RV is 1000 IQD to 1 USD, then the exchange rate for the OD will be 1000 IQD to 1 USD, and 1 IQD to 1 USD for the ND. Giving us a profit of 170 dinar per dollar or roughly 10%.

Questions:

1. Would the 2 different rates not create mass confusion? Not really, but see the link below.
2. Are you stating that over time (i.e., 2 years) the OD would then be honored at a much higher rate, similar to the Kuwaiti dinar, or just the ND? I think we may have to exchange OD for ND, even if we don't have to exchange them for ther ND, the rate should rise in relation to the ND until they are phased out.
3. How do we know that the the OD will not be declared an invalid/voided currency after (or shortly after) the ND are released? From what I have read, the articles say the OD will be phased out of circulation over the course of 2 years, but will have up to 10 years to be cashed in before they become null and void.

Your welcome. Everyone please remember that this is only my opinion on the facts that have been provided to us by Iraq.

PGLD, please read the following thread. The example of the 2 different rates is there and links to other articles about halfway down the first page...
http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t16956-redenomination-good-or-bad-per-saleh

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:19 am

Good thread! Some good thoughts going on here. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

you can see the trend here it has gone down ever so slowly and that the low price
is on another line now.
http://www.forex.tradingcharts.com/chart/?chartpair=US%2520Dollar_Iraqi%2520Dinar&ctype=c&movAvg1=&movAvg2=&tz=EST&per=1d&sub=Save
Azure
Azure
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flinstone Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

@ponee I have been reading these posts for quite sometime before I registered. I have always found your comments to be heartfelt, uplifting and sincere. IMHO you are not a Super Moderator, you are THE MODERATOR. Thanks for all you do an may God Bless us all and our country again!
Flinstone
Flinstone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm

@CaptnJerry wrote:
@PGLD wrote:CaptnJerry,

So, if I understand this correctly, and at the risk of stating the obvious, there will be 2 different rates, one for the OD and one for the ND? Yes

e.g., If the trigger for the RV is 1000 IQD to 1 USD, then the exchange rate for the OD will be 1000 IQD to 1 USD, and 1 IQD to 1 USD for the ND. Giving us a profit of 170 dinar per dollar or roughly 10%.

Questions:

1. Would the 2 different rates not create mass confusion? Not really, but see the link below.
2. Are you stating that over time (i.e., 2 years) the OD would then be honored at a much higher rate, similar to the Kuwaiti dinar, or just the ND? I think we may have to exchange OD for ND, even if we don't have to exchange them for ther ND, the rate should rise in relation to the ND until they are phased out.
3. How do we know that the the OD will not be declared an invalid/voided currency after (or shortly after) the ND are released? From what I have read, the articles say the OD will be phased out of circulation over the course of 2 years, but will have up to 10 years to be cashed in before they become null and void.

Your welcome. Everyone please remember that this is only my opinion on the facts that have been provided to us by Iraq.

PGLD, please read the following thread. The example of the 2 different rates is there and links to other articles about halfway down the first page...
http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t16956-redenomination-good-or-bad-per-saleh

CJ
DO YOU THINK WE COULD TRADE OUT THE OLD DINAR FOR THE NEW ONES THEN HOLD THEM FOR A FEW YEARS?? AND WOULD WE GET 25K O/D FOR 25K N/D ?
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PGLD Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Many thanks for the clarification CaptnJerry.

Geezer asked my next question....if we traded 25,000 OD for the ND, would we get 25,000 ND, just in lower denominations........or 25?

Thanks again!
PGLD
PGLD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 pm

I would have to say no, since the new dinar is supossed to replace the old dinar... If we have to trade for the new dinar, I don't think we will since it is supossed to be good/valuable for 10yrs after introduction of the new dinar, you would receive 3 zeros (000) less than what you turned in... EX. you turn in/go to exchange 25,000 old dinar, you would receive 25 new dinar... JMHO

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 707RV Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:36 pm

like i posted when i made the thread. i used the website called OANDA. 1usd equals 1137 iqd

707RV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ou812 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:02 pm

@707RV wrote:like i posted when i made the thread. i used the website called OANDA. 1usd equals 1137 iqd

The dinar is 1166 regardless of what different currency converter sites say.

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:10 pm

No, it doesn't equal 1137...the 1137 is the bid price...and I think that has even changed again. Isn't it now 1163?
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

it was down to 1137 when he originally made the post. it is back up to 1163 today.
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 pm

I SAW THE SAME THING WITH THE EURO, WITH THE ITALIAN MARKET. EXPERTS EXPLAINED IT AS, WONA MINIT SHE GOESA UP AN DA NEXT SHE GOESA DOWN. I GUESS IT HAPPENS ALOT.

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 707RV Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks supergirl for the back up:)

and yes its now back up to 1163-66 range.

707RV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Miskebam wrote:IMO this is temporary...

why?

i'm always interested in the dissenting opinion.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum