Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Read from link Good read about debt "crisis"

Go down

Read from link  Good read about debt "crisis" Empty Read from link Good read about debt "crisis"

Post by rick152 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Someone posted the link to this earlier. I realize everyone doesn't always click on them but this read may settle your mind along with really making you mad at those "people" in washyington...rick152

Obama Strikes Fear Into Americans While Reassuring Big Banks

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Administration hypes depression and collapse if debt deal not reached, tells banks the opposite

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Wednesday, July 27, 2011

While publicly fearmongering about a new great depression, the sun failing to rise, and the sky falling if the debt ceiling is not hiked, the Obama administration has been secretly telling big banks that there’s no chance of a default, echoing how the 2008 bailout was sold on hyped threats and intimidation of lawmakers.

The rhetoric was heightened yesterday when White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer warned that the GOP’s inability to compromise “could potentially put us towards a depression,” adding, “we are seven days away from an unprecedented financial event in this country’s history.”

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, who has been busy hyping the inevitability of a default for weeks, again told news shows Sunday that the government would be unable to pay its bills if an agreement is not reached, a talking point that has been enthusiastically parroted by President Obama.

However, that tone doesn’t quite match with what the Obama administration is simultaneously telling top executives at major U.S. banks, assuring them that “such an event won’t happen.”

“In a series of phone calls, administration officials have told bankers that the administration will not allow a default to happen even if the debt cap isn’t raised by the August 2 date Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says the government will run out of money to pay all its bills, including obligations to bond holders,” reports Fox Business.

Once again, while striking fear into lawmakers and the American public by stoking fearmongering about the inevitability of a catastrophic collapse, the administration is fully aware that the system, maintained as it is by a fraudulent debt-based fiat money system, can always be kept artificially inflated for that bit longer.

Indeed, the doomsday rhetoric is likely to be nothing more than a ploy to increase the administration’s bargaining power and its bid to seize the power of the purse from Congress. We saw an almost identical tactic used during the 2008 bailout debate, which was eventually rammed through on the back of bellicose threats about martial law and economic armageddon.

As Senator James Inhofe revealed, then Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson told members of Congress the crisis would be “far worse than the great depression” if Congress didn’t authorize the bill to buy out toxic debt, a proposal “which he abandoned the day after he got the money,” added Inhofe, referring to how immediately after it was approved, Paulson announced that the bailout money would not be used to buy up toxic debt but would instead be injected directly into banks like Goldman Sachs, of which he was a former CEO.

Lawmakers were strong-armed into passing the bailout after being threatened that they would be responsible for a financial holocaust, a crisis of unimaginable proportions. Nearly three years later, we’re hearing the same rhetoric.

As former Treasury Secretary Paul Craig Roberts has outlined, the whole debate over raising the debt ceiling is largely a punch and judy puppet show. As top global ratings agencies have confirmed, the U.S. is already technically in default because it has deliberately depreciated the dollar against other currencies as a means of artificially keeping its head above water.

Labeling the whole process “political theater,” Roberts warns that the outcome of the debacle could be Congress losing the power of the purse, which is enshrined in the constitution.

“The consequences would be that the power of the purse would transfer from Congress to the President. It would be the end of the power of Congress. Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, have already given away to the President Congress’ Constitutional right to decide whether the country goes to war. Now Congress would lose its power over debt, taxes, and the budget itself,” writes Roberts.

Given the fact that lawmakers like Republican Senator Mitch McConnell have openly advocated the idea of handing such powers over to the President in the name of solving the debt problem, a proposal Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has said he will seriously consider, many in Washington would see this fallout as a useful way of expanding the power of the executive branch.

rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum