Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Something Worth Sharing DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Something Worth Sharing

+4
SEBtopdog
abby ann
Peppermint Patti
Horizon
8 posters

Go down

Something Worth Sharing Empty Something Worth Sharing

Post by Horizon Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 am

Just in case you haven't heard "the rest of the story...." You never know how the LORD will use the decisions you make...

Pam's baby

He is being mocked and ridiculed but he keeps bending that knee!!!

In a recent email, I read about a woman named Pam, who knows the pain of considering abortion. More than 24 years ago, she and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink. She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant.Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted. Pam said the doctors didn't think of it as a life,they thought of it as a mass of fetal tissue.While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband:If you will give us a son, we'll name him Timothy and we'll make him a preacher.Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam's youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father's ministry in the Philippines. He also plays football. Pam's son is Tim Tebow.The University of Florida's star quarterback became the first sophomore in history to win college football's highest award, the Heisman Trophy.His current role as quarterback of the Denver Broncos has provided an incredible platform for Christian witness. As a result, he is being called The Mile-High Messiah.Tim's notoriety and the family's inspiring story have given Pam numerous opportunities to speak on behalf of women's centers across the country.Pam Tebow believes that every little baby you save matters. I pray her tribe will increase!May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Dr. Gerald B. (Jerry) Kieschnick President Emeritus, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod Presidential Ambassador for Mission Advancement, Concordia University Texas.

Something Worth Sharing Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Something Worth Sharing 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Something Worth Sharing Empty Re: Something Worth Sharing

Post by Peppermint Patti Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 am

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story Horizon. I knew Tim was a Christian but never heard about what his mother had gone through.

I am going to send this out around the net as an E-mail and let it bless as many people as possible. Maybe it can help someone in the moment of decision keep a baby along the way.

Peppermint Patti..

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."

VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 am

THANKS HORIZON, THAT IS A BLESSING,SOMETIMES WE FORGET WHO IS IN CONTROLL!!!!!!!Something Worth Sharing 3151798102
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I remember all that bruhaha over the simple ad in the Super Bowl telling the story of Pam Tebow and her son Tim. What are folks so afraid of? There is more tolerance of atheletes who abuse their wives or girlfriends, have children out of wedlock, have criminal backgrounds, who abuse and torture animals. What would anyone have to fear from Tim Tebow?

Something Worth Sharing Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Something Worth Sharing Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

I suppose this actually belongs over on OOM2, but I appreciate that you brought up the subject, Horizon. ❤

Something Worth Sharing Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 pm

I just thought this was a get testimony of a blessing from God. Great Praise Report!

I agree with you SEBtopdog, people do accept those other things, and think nothing of it. I thought about OOM2, but this is an example of Gods Blessings. Just have to Believe!!!!

Something Worth Sharing Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Something Worth Sharing 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:10 pm

You're so right, Horizon! I only pointed out the OOM2 possibility because I figured someone else might jump all over it. Personally, I like to have thought-provoking discussions over here under the "General Discussion" umbrella. And again, I thank you for bringing this story to light for any who may not have been aware of it. It's not about winning football games, as you and so many others know without having to be told. But I've heard some commentators and not-so-generous fellow atheletes sneer about how Tim Tebow "disgusts" them. I had grown fearful that some opposing players would decide to gang up on him and take him out. Losing this last game may have been the greatest gift God gave him this year. It also illustrates how to lose with grace and dignity. Unlike Charlie Sheen's attitude, it's not always about "WINNING".

Thanks for listening.....I don't know what came over me. ☀

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

@SEBtopdog wrote:You're so right, Horizon! I only pointed out the OOM2 possibility because I figured someone else might jump all over it. Personally, I like to have thought-provoking discussions over here under the "General Discussion" umbrella. And again, I thank you for bringing this story to light for any who may not have been aware of it. It's not about winning football games, as you and so many others know without having to be told. But I've heard some commentators and not-so-generous fellow atheletes sneer about how Tim Tebow "disgusts" them. I had grown fearful that some opposing players would decide to gang up on him and take him out. Losing this last game may have been the greatest gift God gave him this year. It also illustrates how to lose with grace and dignity. Unlike Charlie Sheen's attitude, it's not always about "WINNING".

Thanks for listening.....I don't know what came over me. ☀

I do agree with you, I don't think it is bad to be able to relax and share in a thread. I enjoy the threads were we can play a little! I agree with you with what you were saying about T-bow also. No, it's not all about winning, I just want to win the game of life and end up in heaven one day.

Oh, and it would be nice to win this RV...kinda like winning the lottery!!!! That will be such a Blessing!!!!! Come on RV....Now we talked Dinar!!!!LOLSomething Worth Sharing 203646764

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 pm

You're right again, Horizon .....

DINAR DINAR DINAR DINAR DINAR DINAR DINAR

This post has been all DINAR all the time! Something Worth Sharing 949729897

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrudenceArt Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Amen Also during the footbal game after the first quarter there was an advertisement called and from family choices. It had a group of young children recite John 3:16> it was the first time i have ever in my life seen scripture pronounced on national television to a national audience. God always gets all the glory. Praise him for he alone is worthy. When we win our "heisman" the dinar trophy make sure we bend the kne

PrudenceArt
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't know anything about football. I just think they all make way to much money for what they do. But, I just wanted to say...HELLO!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:15 pm

@ponee wrote:I don't know anything about football. I just think they all make way to much money for what they do. But, I just wanted to say...HELLO!

True, but whatever the market will bear ... and as long as people are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to go see a game (counting parking, tickets, food, etc.) and broadcast corporations are willing to shell out millions for each game they broadcast, they'll get paid what they are paid. coffee

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Something Worth Sharing 2805820865  Something Worth Sharing 2805820865  Something Worth Sharing 2805820865  Something Worth Sharing 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 pm

......HELLO ponee,it is always good to see you!
coffee

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:09 pm

A dear friend sent me this today. Sharing it here because it discusses the important part of Tim Tebow's life ... and it's not football.

A Very INSPIRING Article Worth Reading & Sharing

I believe in Tim Tebow

Rick Reilly
ESPN.com
January 13, 2012

I've come to believe in Tim Tebow, but not for what he does on a football field, which is still three parts Dr. Jekyll and two parts Mr. Hyde.

No, I've come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.

Who among us is this selfless?

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

Remember last week, when the world was pulling its hair out in the hour after Tebow had stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers with an 80-yard OT touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas in the playoffs? And Twitter was exploding with 9,420 tweets about Tebow per second? When an ESPN poll was naming him the most popular athlete in America?

Tebow was spending that hour talking to 16-year-old Bailey Knaub about her 73 surgeries so far and what TV shows she likes.

"Here he'd just played the game of his life," recalls Bailey's mother, Kathy, of Loveland, Colo., "and the first thing he does after his press conference is come find Bailey and ask, 'Did you get anything to eat?' He acted like what he'd just done wasn't anything, like it was all about Bailey."

More than that, Tebow kept corralling people into the room for Bailey to meet. Hey, Demaryius, come in here a minute. Hey, Mr. Elway. Hey, Coach Fox.

Even though sometimes-fatal Wegener's granulomatosis has left Bailey with only one lung, the attention took her breath away.

"It was the best day of my life," she emailed. "It was a bright star among very gloomy and difficult days. Tim Tebow gave me the greatest gift I could ever imagine. He gave me the strength for the future. I know now that I can face any obstacle placed in front of me. Tim taught me to never give up because at the end of the day, today might seem bleak but it can't rain forever and tomorrow is a new day, with new promises."

I read that email to Tebow, and he was honestly floored.

"Why me? Why should I inspire her?" he said. "I just don't feel, I don't know, adequate. Really, hearing her story inspires me."

It's not just NFL defenses that get Tebowed. It's high school girls who don't know whether they'll ever go to a prom. It's adults who can hardly stand. It's kids who will die soon.

For the game at Buffalo, it was Charlottesville, Va., blue-chip high school QB Jacob Rainey, who lost his leg after a freak tackle in a scrimmage. Tebow threw three interceptions in that Buffalo game and the Broncos were crushed 40-14.

"He walked in and took a big sigh and said, 'Well, that didn't go as planned,'" Rainey remembers. "Where I'm from, people wonder how sincere and genuine he is. But I think he's the most genuine person I've ever met."

There's not an ounce of artifice or phoniness or Hollywood in this kid Tebow, and I've looked everywhere for it.

Take 9-year-old Zac Taylor, a child who lives in constant pain. Immediately after Tebow shocked the Chicago Bears with a 13-10 comeback win, Tebow spent an hour with Zac and his family. At one point, Zac, who has 10 doctors, asked Tebow whether he has a secret prayer for hospital visits. Tebow whispered it in his ear. And because Tebow still needed to be checked out by the Broncos' team doctor, he took Zac in with him, but only after they had whispered it together.

And it's not always kids. Tom Driscoll, a 55-year-old who is dying of brain cancer at a hospice in Denver, was Tebow's guest for the Cincinnati game. "The doctors took some of my brain," Driscoll says, "so my short-term memory is kind of shot. But that day I'll never forget. Tim is such a good man."

This whole thing makes no football sense, of course. Most NFL players hardly talk to teammates before a game, much less visit with the sick and dying.

Isn't that a huge distraction?

"Just the opposite," Tebow says. "It's by far the best thing I do to get myself ready. Here you are, about to play a game that the world says is the most important thing in the world. Win and they praise you. Lose and they crush you. And here I have a chance to talk to the coolest, most courageous people. It puts it all into perspective. The game doesn't really matter. I mean, I'll give 100 percent of my heart to win it, but in the end, the thing I most want to do is not win championships or make a lot of money, it's to invest in people's lives, to make a difference."

So that's it. I've given up giving up on him. I'm a 100 percent believer. Not in his arm. Not in his skills. I believe in his heart, his there-will-definitely-be-a-pony-under-the-tree optimism, the way his love pours into people, right up to their eyeballs, until they believe they can master the hopeless comeback, too.

Remember the QB who lost his leg, Jacob Rainey? He got his prosthetic leg a few weeks ago, and he wants to play high school football next season. Yes, tackle football. He'd be the first to do that on an above-the-knee amputation.

Hmmm. Wonder where he got that crazy idea?

"Tim told me to keep fighting, no matter what," Rainey says. "I am."

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum