Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I am too pretty for math, but....
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses

3 posters

Go down

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  Empty A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses

Post by rdrobel Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

[b]
Check out our
Kids Corner on our website too!

SAM UPDATES:

Madeleine Pickens will be a guest on NPR Tuesday, December 20th at 9am-10am PST. Other guests include: Tom Gorey from the BLM, Suzanne Roy from the American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign, and someone from the Cattle Ranchers Association. Please call in with questions and tell all of your friends to listen.

A BIG, Mustang Congratulations to SAM Advisory Board Member, Toby Keith
on opening OK Kids Korral, a facility for pediatric cancer patients and their families being built by his foundation, Toby Keith Foundation in Oklahoma City.

Las Vegas Review Journal Article:
Wild Horses: Wealthy Rescuer Creates Eco-Sanctuary

Make sure you become a fan of SAM on Facebook, so you see daily updates, events, photos, contests, and everything pertaining to the mustang world. Click this link to add us on Facebook and Twitter

JOIN OUR LIST
website
Join Our Mailing List
Like us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
View our videos on YouTube

Dear Friends and Supporters,

The release below by E.W.A. will answer a lot of your questions that you have been submitting to us. We hope that we can all continue to work together toward the end of horse slaughter and wild horse gathers. Thank you for your sincere support these last few years. God has created such a beautiful world for us to have and we are simply the caretakers designated to protect it. Have a blessed New Year!

Your Friend,
Madeleine Pickens & all the Mustangs

Mystery Surrounding Abandoned Horses Finally Solved

December 18, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contacts:
John Holland
540-268-5693
john@equinewelfarealliance.org

Vicki Tobin
vicki@equinewelfarealliance.org

Mystery Surrounding Abandoned Horses Finally Solved
Chicago (EWA) - A six month investigation by the EWA and other animal investigation organizations has finally determined the predominant source of abandoned horses in the Southwestern US. The findings show that most or all of more than 5,000 horses a year are being abandoned after being rejected for slaughter at the Mexican border.

The investigation explains the source and reason for abandonments, most of which have been reported in the vast stretches of isolated land north of the Mexican border since 2009. Most of these horses could clearly be identified as domestic stock from such indications as nail holes in their hooves (where shoes had recently been removed) but no other clues to their source were found.

Until now articles about their discovery have speculated that they were abandoned by individual owners because they could no longer afford to feed them. The horse slaughter lobby has further suggested that this was made worse because individuals "no longer had a slaughter option".

Equine advocates countered this hypothesis by pointing out that there had been no decrease in slaughter to force such actions, and that the areas where they were being found did not have significant domestic horse populations.
Moreover, it made no sense that someone who could not afford to euthanize and bury a horse would elect instead to pay for hauling it hundreds or thousands of miles only to turn it loose. In fact, many horse advocates had good reason to suspect the reports were bogus.

Following the closure of US horse slaughter plants in 2007, there were a large number of stories published claiming horses were being abandoned because of a lack of slaughter. These reports ranged from reclaimed strip mines in Kentucky to the Florida Everglades and Oregon ranches. For a year each of these was investigated and found to be false or hugely distorted.

But in the past two years there have been an increasing number of authenticated reports of abandoned horses, mostly in the remote stretches of the southwest Border States. A few of these horses actually had hide removed, apparently to obscure a brand.
In August, the first piece of the puzzle fell into place when approximately 300 horses were spotted from the air starving and dead in a remote feedlot near the port-of-entry town of Presidio, Texas. The fact that living horses were found in different stages of starvation and the dead horses were in various stages of decomposition, indicated they had been dumped there at different times.

The situation became all the more puzzling when it was revealed that the feedlot was operated by the C4 Cattle Company and Intermeat Inc./Dallas Crown the Belgian meat company that had formerly operated the Dallas Crown horse slaughter plant in Kaufman, Texas. The company buys horses for slaughter in Mexico. It was also discovered that about 40 of the horses came from kill buyer Trenton Saulters.

The question was of course why they had left the horses to perish only a few miles from the border crossing where they could have been sold to the slaughter plants in Mexico.
An answer came in the European Union's (EU's) report (DG(SANCO) 2010-8524 - MR) from the 2010 audit of their horse slaughter plants in Mexico. In section 5.2.1.2, the report divulged that Mexico had rejected 5,336 slaughter horses out of 62,560 presented at six OISAs (Border Crossing Offices) during the audit period between January and October 2010.
The horses were rejected under a new system of controls implemented in December, 2009. Reasons for rejection included health problems, advanced pregnancy and injuries.
The final piece of the puzzle came from an investigation by EWA on how the USDA's APHIS (Animal and Plant Inspection Service) tracks horses bound for slaughter. EWA's Valerie James-Patton was researching the Owner/Shipper certificate system which is supposed to allow APHIS to assure humane regulations are being followed. When asked what happens to horses rejected at the Mexican border, she was told simply "they fall out of the system."

Normally kill buyers who haul slaughter horses to Mexico try to fill their trailers with cattle and other animals on the return journey. So clearly they need to dispose of the rejected horses, and the most economical way to do so is to simply abandon them on a deserted stretch of road or in an isolated lot.

Ironically, while the horse slaughter lobby has been claiming abandonment was a result of a lack of slaughter, it now appears it is in large part a result of the practice.

QUOTABLES:

"In some places in the West, it is still possible to hide at a water hole and see at the break of day. The wild horses come in through the sage for a drink of water. It is a stirring sight when a band of horses strings along down a desert ridge, manes tossing, eyes looking here and there alertly-once again the wild animals that they were long before known human history."

-O.J. Murie ((1954)

Please do some reading before you go off half cocked. http://www.savingamericasmustangs.org/

http://www.lvrj.com/news/wild-horses-wealthy-rescuer-creates-eco-sanctuary-135817543.html

Great article about the billionaire wife of Boone Pickens, who bought two Nevada Ranches for Wild Mustang Sanctuaries.

The theft of horses by illegal aliens is out of control. I have already told you what will happen to trespassers on my ranch, as well as that of any of my friends. Enter at your own risk. I did not say that cavalierly but as a matter of fact, since my property is in the mountains near the Mexican Border, and I have found a couple of head of cattle slaughtered, broken water hydrants in the front yard, the ranch house broken into on numerous occasions, two of my dogs killed, and the beat goes on. Bleeding heart hardly, PITA MEMBER PROSPECT, not a chance, liberal no way. I love horses and dogs. I have seen what rustling will occur when this comes to the fore. I can tell you that the Southwest is different than anything you know, if you do not live in the country here. The loss of human life resulting therein will escalate.

rdrobel
rdrobel
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  Empty Re: A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses

Post by GoldPeg9 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for sharing this RDrobel! Good for Ms. Pickens!

I plan on setting up a large scale horse rescue too. My plans include saving the Magnificent Thoroughbreds discarded off the tracks.

These breathtaking magical horses can be re trained with natural horsemanship to a point where they are relaxed and happy rather than terrified right brained animals running on instinct.

My plan will employ a LOT of horse lovers too.

I wish there were more wealthy people with open compassionate empathic hearts - like Ms. Pickens.

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  Empty Re: A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses

Post by rdrobel Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Gold Peg 9 Thanks for your input. There are always different perspectives available, and I fully support your efforts, maybe we can be allies at some point in this venture, as I share many of your dreams and aspirations. Thank You.
rdrobel
rdrobel
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Move to correct forum.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rdrobel Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Kevin-

Sorry what is the Correct Forum!!! Confused!
rdrobel
rdrobel
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Well I would say USA or General topics .. It has nothing to do with the dinar and so definitely did not belong there ... put in in General because I thought that's where other one was, apparently I remembered wrong. affraid

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865  A Little Different Perspective On Wild Horses  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum