Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue

+9
1alaskan
SEBtopdog
Peppermint Patti
Jayzze
DevaronDLH
ROGER
Dinar4silver
KathyD
dollarbill
13 posters

Go down

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Empty Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue

Post by dollarbill Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Here is what I read and summarized from the related IRS regulations. BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR TAX ADVISER!!

IRS Publication 525:

Foreign currency transactions: If you have a gain on a personal foreign currency transaction because of exchanges in exchange rates (like all of us), you do NOT have to include that gain in your income unless it is more than $200 (duh - that's ALL of us). If the gain is more than $200, report it as a capital gain.

2010 Instructions for Schedule D (Note: Instructions for 2011 not yet released)

Use Schedule D to report the following
: (we all appear to be in this group)

Capital Gains and Losses - The sale or exchange of a capital asset (defined below) not reported on another form or schedule (that's us again)

Definition: Most property you own for personal purposes, pleasure, or investment is a capital asset. For example, your house, furniture, car, stocks and bonds are capital assets.

Short Term or Long Term
: Separate your capital gains and losses according to how long you held or owned the property (dinar). Here's one of the main reasons that we kept our receipts.

The holding period for short-term capital gains and losses is 1 year or less.
The holding period for long-term capital gains and losses is more than one year. (Less taxes with long-term - see below)

Long Term Capital Gains TAX in 2011 - Held Longer Than One Year

0% for taxpayers in the 10% & 15% bracket
15% if you are in the 25%, 28%, 33% & 35% bracket

Short Term Capital Gains TAX in 2011 - Held Less Than One Year

Standard income tax rates up to 35%

By the way, if you have over $379,150 in gains, you will be taxed at the maximum 35%. I hate taxes, but I also feel with our gains, we better not upset the IRS. Be sure to check with your tax adviser.

Here are the overall tax rates:

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Irs_ch14

Go RV! Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue 949729897

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p525.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p550.pdf

http://creditguide.hubpages.com/hub/Long-Term-Short-Term-Capital-Gains-Tax-Rate

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2010/04/2010-and-2011-tax-brackets-new.html
dollarbill
dollarbill

Back to top Go down

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Empty Re: Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Great post, should clear up some misconception of the tax law. Thanks for the post Dollarbill! AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyD Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Seems pretty cut and dried! Suppose that you are under a year, are you still obligated to 35% if you don't cash in until you have held it for one year?

Thank you for taking the time to post this, great job!🎅
KathyD
KathyD
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:47 pm

dollarbill,

It is very obvious that you put in a great deal of time on your post!

Thanks for the comprehensive information.

I'm still holding out hope that Santa will bring me a lower tax amount but I'm not counting on it!

Thanks again for the work!
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ROGER Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:06 pm

AWESOME!
AND UNDERSTANDABLE!

THANK YOU!
happydance
ROGER
ROGER

Back to top Go down

Post by DevaronDLH Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 pm

After all the abuse you have taken from the IRS and their fiat money you still want to give these guys 35% of what they did not earn? these folks make up "laws" to suit their desires (greed) and have done so since 1913... What do you think Ron Paul is trying tot tell you about this pseudo-government agency? and just to make it all clear, I know most people think that when they pay their income tax (for which there is NO actual law, just a lot of intimidation) NOT ONE PENNY OF WHAT YOU PAY GOES TO OUR GOVERNMENT... IT GOES TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS...PERIOD. IF YOUR CANCELED TAX CHECKS HAVE THE WORDS PRINTED ON THE REVERSE SIDE "PAY TO THE ORDER OF ANY FRB" THEN YOU DID NOT PAY THE GOVERNMENT, YOU PAID THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK!
YOU HAVE BEEN HOAXED, AND HOAXED AND HOAXED SINCE 1913...
JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ A BOOK TITLED, "THE CREATURE OF JEKYLL ISLAND".
DevaronDLH
DevaronDLH
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://http:uvian.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm

I take it your looking for a way out?

DevaronDLH wrote:After all the abuse you have taken from the IRS and their fiat money you still want to give these guys 35% of what they did not earn? these folks make up "laws" to suit their desires (greed) and have done so since 1913... What do you think Ron Paul is trying tot tell you about this pseudo-government agency? and just to make it all clear, I know most people think that when they pay their income tax (for which there is NO actual law, just a lot of intimidation) NOT ONE PENNY OF WHAT YOU PAY GOES TO OUR GOVERNMENT... IT GOES TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS...PERIOD. IF YOUR CANCELED TAX CHECKS HAVE THE WORDS PRINTED ON THE REVERSE SIDE "PAY TO THE ORDER OF ANY FRB" THEN YOU DID NOT PAY THE GOVERNMENT, YOU PAID THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK!
JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ A BOOK TITLED, "THE CREATURE OF JEKYLL ISLAND".

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:30 pm

question according to your chrt in the 15 percent bracket you pay zero capital gains tax that cannot be can it
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Empty jayzze

Post by dollarbill Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 pm

jayzze wrote:question according to your chrt in the 15 percent bracket you pay zero capital gains tax that cannot be can it

1) These charts are all from the IRS, not me.
2) If I understand your question - the chart with the tax brackets are your overall FEDERAL tax. I included just to inform about overall IRS tax rates.
3) If your dinar gains are SHORT TERM (you have held the dinar less than 1 year), you will pay the rates shown in the table. So, you just add your dinar gains (in full) to your regular income. Then you are taxed for the combined income - regular income + 100% of your dinar gain
4) If your dinar has been held over 1 year (long-term) you will be taxed on: your dinar gain X 15% + your regular income.

Go RV! Very Happy
dollarbill
dollarbill

Back to top Go down

Post by dollarbill Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm

KathyD wrote:Seems pretty cut and dried! Suppose that you are under a year, are you still obligated to 35% if you don't cash in until you have held it for one year?

KathyD If you have held your dinar for 350 days and it RVs - you would save 20% of your gain in taxes if you did NOT cash in until 1 day after a year. So, if you have 300,000 dinar and an RV rate of $4.00 (this rate is only for example) = 300,000 X $4 = $1,200,000 less your cost (here we will use $400) = $1,199,600. $1,199,600 X 20% = TAX savings of $239,920 by waiting until you held it for 1 year. (35% - 15% = 20%)

Go RV! :cheers:
dollarbill
dollarbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Dollarbill,

I love your reindeer...

Peppermint Patti...
Peppermint Patti
Peppermint Patti
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:52 pm

kathy thanks i will pay 15 vs 35 anytime
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Empty Me too!

Post by dollarbill Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Peppermint Patti wrote:Dollarbill,

I love your reindeer...

Peppermint Patti...

Me too Patti - It must have been Miskebam. Thanks Miskebam! :rendeer:
dollarbill
dollarbill

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Excellent post, dollarbill. I'm going to copy it and print it for reference. Thanks!

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Let's Settle Capital Gains Issue Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 am

KathyD wrote:Seems pretty cut and dried! Suppose that you are under a year, are you still obligated to 35% if you don't cash in until you have held it for one year?

The tax due, no matter if it long or short term, is due for the year you realize the gain.
So if it RV's between now and Dec 31, and you cashin, your tax year is 2011, if you wait to cashin till after Jan 1, then tax year would be 2012,

Some of us are going to have to get the calender and reciepts out and hope they don't change the tax laws in 2012.

Last edited by 1alaskan on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tajmah09 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 am

1Alaskan My question is what if the dinars you hold were a gift? How would the taxes play out?

Last edited by tajmah09 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
tajmah09
tajmah09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:32 am

tajmah09 wrote:1Alaskan My question is what if the dinars you hold were a gift? How would the taxes play out?

Gift or not, there will still be a gain. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tajmah09 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 am

OK. Can anyone answer my question? Please.bounce
tajmah09
tajmah09

Back to top Go down

Post by tajmah09 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:34 am

Thank you. Any other input welcome.
tajmah09
tajmah09

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodGosh Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:52 am

AJAnderson wrote:I take it your looking for a way out?

DevaronDLH wrote:After all the abuse you have taken from the IRS and their fiat money you still want to give these guys 35% of what they did not earn? these folks make up "laws" to suit their desires (greed) and have done so since 1913... What do you think Ron Paul is trying tot tell you about this pseudo-government agency? and just to make it all clear, I know most people think that when they pay their income tax (for which there is NO actual law, just a lot of intimidation) NOT ONE PENNY OF WHAT YOU PAY GOES TO OUR GOVERNMENT... IT GOES TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS...PERIOD. IF YOUR CANCELED TAX CHECKS HAVE THE WORDS PRINTED ON THE REVERSE SIDE "PAY TO THE ORDER OF ANY FRB" THEN YOU DID NOT PAY THE GOVERNMENT, YOU PAID THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK!

It doesn't appear to me that Devaron is attempting a way out. Dev is simply stating the truth of what is going on - if anyone out there is listening. Are you listening? Pay attention this is important for all to know. Changes are under way.
GoodGosh
GoodGosh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madaussie Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:12 pm

i see that it has not been said,so, until you cash in [all or part of] your dinar you have not created a taxable event.there is also some question that if for instance you traded dinar for swiss francs that that would be taxable until you traded for us dollars.
madaussie
madaussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:20 pm

:cheers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mvgteam Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm

dollarbill, your original post is right on the money. I teach tax law and you are completely correct. Textbook demonstration with support if I may say so myself.

God bless.

In His Service
mvgteam
mvgteam

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 pm

tajmah09 wrote:1Alaskan My question is what if the dinars you hold were a gift? How would the taxes play out?

I think first, you should ask a CPA that question, but IMHO, It will be taxed the year you cash out, and would be taxed at what any GIFT would be taxed, Weither it was USD, Socks, Bonds or IQD converted into USD.

But again, ask you tax guy!

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum