Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production

Go down

Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production  Empty Vietnam - Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production

Post by lexie Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Last update 15/11/2011 10:49:00 AM (GMT+7)

Dollar in short supply threatens domestic production

VietNamNet Bridge – Businesses complain that they cannot buy dollars to import materials for domestic production. This not only make them suffer, but also causes big difficulties to the national economy, because the lack of import materials will make the domestic production stagnant.

Saigon Petro cannot buy foreign currencies from banks for the last several years. According to General Director of Saigon Petro Dang Vinh Sang, the actual price at which banks sell dollars to businesses is 500-600 dong per dollar higher than the quoted price. This means that the prime cost of petrol imports would be higher by 500-600 dong per liter, while the company cannot raise the sale price without the permission of the state management agency.

At present, a liter of petrol is selling at approximately of one dollar.

“If the actual price is just 100 dong per dollar higher than the quoted price, we would clench our teeth and endure the price. However, in fact, the gap between the actual price and the quoted price is as high as 500-600 dong,” Sang complained.

He went on to say that every month, the company needs 50 million dollars to import petroleum products. As such, the company would have to pay the additional sum of 25-30 billion dong for the price gap. Meanwhile, the company cannot enter the actual sum of money in accounts, because it does not have the voucher for the transaction. Therefore, the sum of money cannot be considered as the legal expenses to be considered as the legal expenses

As a last resort, the company has to borrow dollars instead of Vietnam dong, though they do not want to, because they fear the dollar price would increase, thus increasing their debts. With the loan worth 100 million dollars and the possible exchange rate adjustment of several percent, Saigon Petro would incur the loss of tens of billions of dong, because they products had been sold out.

Not only Saigon Petro, most of the importers nowadays move heaven and earth to seek to purchase dollar. A Hanoi-based company which specializes in importing the materials which cannot be made domestically, also said it is suffering from the dollar supply shortage.

Three months ago, the enterprise borrowed 500,000 dollars from a bank in Hanoi. At the same time, the enterprise disbursed a collative sum of dong to buy dollars from the same bank (at the price which were hundreds of dong per dollar higher than the quoted price). As such, if counting on all kinds of expenses, the actual interest rate the enterprise had to pay to bank is 23-24 percent per annum.

Even when the business had to “take a roundabout” suggested by the bank in order to access the dollar source, bank still has been disbursing in dribs and drabs.

As a result, though the business had to make payment to the foreign partner on November 10, it still could arrange enough dollars for the payment. The company’s director had to pay with his own money and the borrowings from relatives and friends.

The short dollar supply has also made the expenses of the business increase by four times. The expenses it has to pay for every container of material imports has climbed to 18 million dong, including the transport fee, storage fee and customs fees.

In the past, the company usually imported two containers each time, the volume big enough to provide to the domestic partners within two months. However, nowadays, due to the lack of dollars, the company has to import in dribs and drabs with the import volumes big enough for the sale within two weeks.

In general, the expenses for every consignment of imports are about 28-30 million dong, which means that in order to have enough goods to sell within two months, the total expenses would be 120 million dong.

The director complains that he is sure about the loss. However, it cannot stop importing materials. If it does, it will cause big difficulties to hundreds of other enterprises, which are using the materials provided by company.

Source: SGTT

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/business/15290/dollar-in-short-supply-threatens-domestic-production.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum