Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects"

Go down

Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" Empty Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects"

Post by RamblerNash Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:37 pm

Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" 1662702125862
2022-09-08 22:42

Shafaq News / In Iraq, the delay in passing the general budget is not unusual. Political and security uncertainty, as well as conflicts and objections, have pushed back the budget for several months, making it a mirage in 2022 due to the inability to form a government.

According to experts, the failure to pass the budget has hampered the country's economic progress by disrupting investment projects, and increasing unemployment and poverty indices.

A "dangerous" experience

The PM's financial adviser, Madhhir Mohammed Saleh, described the failure to approve the budget as a "dangerous" experience, indicating the continuation of disbursements for public expenditures 1/12 for the next year 2023.

"The economic cycle depends on government sources that cannot stop. The cessation of government spending "ends life" in Iraq and can be called "financial suicide", he said.

"The disbursement and spending operations will be 1/12 according to 2022, and will also include ongoing projects that are not completed without new investment projects," Saleh added, stressing, "the failure to approve the budget indicates instability and lack of political security. Therefore, keeping the country budgetless is a dangerous experience."

"When the fiscal budget is interrupted, you can no more implement new projects or provide job opportunities, government programs are disturbed, and a general fall in economic development occurs."

No more projects

According to Ministry of Planning spokesperson Abdul Zahra al-Hindawi, "new projects cannot be added without a budget law. However, ongoing projects would be disbursed according to completion rates under the Financial Management Law of 2019."

He added, "there are more than 6,000 projects under implementation all around Iraq, to which allocations are granted per the stages of completion."

Market recession

According to economist Bassem Jamil Antoine, "In the event of budget non-approval, there is no crisis in governmental expenditures. However, the issue is economic development, since there have not been new investment projects for two years."

Antoine continued, "The lack of projects will be reflected on the market and will lead to stagnation, austerity, and a significant economic recession."

"The private sector will be paralyzed, and only salaries will circulate in the market, while the livelihoods of more than eight million people depend on what happens in the market and investments. This will increase unemployment and poverty in Iraq."

Food Security Law is not enough

According to economist Salam Semaisim, "the absence of an investment budget will entail a flaw in the general budget since the developmental parts of society will stop."

"The Food Security Law is an emergency measure. It addresses the somewhat paralyzed economic issues caused by the budget's lack of approval. However, it is more of an analgesic than a remedy; it only helps to get through the current stage."

"There is an 80 trillion Iraqi dinars ($ 50 billion) financial surplus of oil export revenues for the current year. However, they are frozen and cannot be spent owing to the non-approval of the 2022 budget," said the Speaker of the Iraqi parliament, Mohammed al-Halboosi, warning that Iraq is heading to an economic crisis if the current situation remains as it is.

Al-Halboosi added that the Financial Management Law, which would continue to oversee the country's financial affairs if the 2023 budget is not approved, will not allow any more financial spending, leaving the country facing serious economic issues in 2022.

https://shafaq.com/en/Report/Iraq-on-a-new-rollercoaster-No-more-projects

Iraq on a new rollercoaster: "No more projects" 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum