Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years

Go down

Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years Empty Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years

Post by RamblerNash Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm

Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years 1657310726200
2022-07-12 07:00

Shafaq News / The euro and the dollar have reached parity for the first time in 20 years, signalling the market's assumption that the European economy is heading for a deep recession as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The shift means European companies and consumers will pay more for the goods and services they import, while European exports become immediately cheaper in international markets.

The euro has experienced a dramatic loss of value since early February when it was worth over $1.13.

The fall accelerated in recent weeks as fear spread that Russia, the EU's main energy provider, was going to completely cut off gas flows in retaliation for Western sanctions.

So far, 12 EU countries have suffered a total or partial reduction in Russian gas.

Supplies from the Nord Stream 1 pipeline stopped earlier this week for a planned 10-day maintenance. It's unclear if the Kremlin will order the suspension to extend beyond that deadline and become indefinite.

"Let's prepare for a total cut-off of Russian gas. This is now the most likely option," Bruno Le Maire, France's finance minister, has said.

All eyes will be on the euro to see if it ends up falling below the American dollar. The last time this happened was in November 2002, when the euro was worth $0.99.

Since then, the euro enjoyed a steady rise, reaching almost $1.60 in the summer of 2008, when the Great Recession was wreaking financial havoc across the US.

But Russia's full-scale attack against Ukraine has turned the tables around, taking a heavy toll on the EU's economy. The invasion has upended energy markets and sent gas bills soaring to all-time highs.

The sudden shock has triggered record-breaking inflation across the eurozone, with an 8.6% figure in June, together with a gradual slowdown in economic activity.

The combination of both factors has brought back the spectre of stagflation, a dangerous mix that depresses growth while goods remain excessively expensive for consumers and companies.

The European Central Bank has already hiked interest rates in a bid to tame inflation and plans to continue doing so as the situation further deteriorates. But some analysts have criticised the ECB for moving too late compared to its counterparts in the US, the UK and Canada.

(Euronews)

https://shafaq.com/en/Economy/Euro-reaches-parity-with-dollar-for-the-first-time-in-20-years

Euro reaches parity with dollar for the first time in 20 years 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum