Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains

Go down

Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains Empty Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains

Post by RamblerNash Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:04 pm

Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains 1641197380528
2022-01-13 00:35

Shafaq News / Turkey's lira weakened nearly 3% on Thursday, giving up most of the gains from a rally a day earlier, as concerns persisted over surging inflation against a background of unorthodox policies aimed at boosting exports and growth.

The lira stood at 13.5525 against the dollar at 0727 GMT, down from a close of 13.2890 the previous day.

Earlier it weakened as much as 13.68after rallying some 4.7% to 13.15 late on Wednesday from a close of 13.8 on Tuesday.

The lira lost 44% of its value against the dollar last year and a full-blown currency crisis was halted last month thanks in part to costly state interventions in the currency market and to government measures incentivising de-dollarisation.

One trader who declined to be named said Wednesday's move was due to a low volume of transactions on the lira currency market.

"Transactions volumes have declined to really low levels," the person said, citing a lack of foreigners in the market, as well as a decreased demand for forex by companies and individuals.

"When we put all these together, transactions in amounts that would not have changed the market for the lira in the past, now can change the direction of the market," the trader said.

Under pressure from President Tayyip Erdogan, who seeks higher growth by boosting production and exports, the central bank has slashed its policy rate by 500 basis points to 14% since September.

The unorthodox rate cuts led to the currency crisis late last year, stoking inflation which hit a 19-year high of 36% in December, the highest under Erdogan's rule.

After the lira slumped to a record low of 18.4 against the dollar in late December, Erdogan announced a scheme to encourage savers to convert foreign exchange deposits, compensating depositors for any losses due to lira weakness.

Source: Reuters

https://shafaq.com/en/Economy/Turkish-lira-weakens-nearly-3-giving-up-Wednesday-s-gains

Turkish lira weakens nearly 3%, giving up Wednesday's gains 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum