Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements"

Go down

Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" Empty Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements"

Post by RamblerNash Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" 1640895873961
2021-12-30 12:25

Shafaq News/ The statements made by the Iraqi Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, about the bleak prospects of the oil-reliant Iraqi economy amid a global trend toward clean energy have sparked controversy and public discontent at the performance of the incumbent and previous governments.

During a ministerial forum on the prospects of energy in Iraq, the Minister of Finance stated that the rigid financial structure of Iraq might force the state to resort to mass lay-offs if oil revenues shrivel or collapse under the growing expenditures; pensions will reach 25 trillion dinars in five years.

"The statements of the Finance Minister on the status of the Iraqi economy were not exactly felicitous," economist Hilal al-Tahhan told Shafaq News Agency, "Iraq has been a rentier country since the 1970s, particularly since the nationalization of oil in 1972."

"Public servants do not make up a large number the way the Minister speculated. On the contrary, employees on the government payroll amount to 2,900,000, many of whom retired under the compulsory retirement law," he said, "Public service is not pushing the country to the brink of bankruptcy."

"The Minister did not come up with something new. Oil accounts for 90% of the treasury income, which is normal for an oil-producing state. Oil will not dry out in the next ten years. Iraq holds the world's second-largest proven reserves, according to experts."

"The statements of the Minister serve a political rather than an economic context. Employees cannot be blamed for the deterioration of the economy," he said.

"The finance minister did not bring anything new to the table," said economist Dhurgham Mohammed Ali, "the defect was diagnosed more than ten years ago: reliance on the oil revenues linked with the global market and the lack of domestic development spawns a lax market that drains revenues, and unproductive employees who receive salaries under various titles, like transitional justice and former service."

"Raising question marks without advocating tourism and investment sectors, speeding up the implementation of al-Faw Port and the dry canal, developing irrigation techniques, and supporting the industry is like constantly reminding a patient of his illness without prescribing medicine. The Minister has the habit of citing the problem without putting forward realistic solutions," he added.

"The Minister of Finance's statement does not suggest statesmanship," writer and intellectual Ghalib al-Shabander tweeted, deeming the Minister's remarks "regrettable."

"The only solution for Iraq's current condition is to expand al-Faw Port as soon as possible and connect it to the Silk Road," he said.

"The White Paper reforms suggested by the government and adopted by the Minister is merely a dead letter. The only face it showed to us was bleak: devaluation and mass lay-offs," government official Hamed Abdel Hamid told Shafaq News agency.

"When the government faces a crisis, it directly blames the employee and immediately punishes him by cutting his salary and ignores the country's endemic corruption," Abdel Hamid added.

"The finance minister has warned of serious things that could happen in the future, especially now that we know Iraq is a rentier country," government official Iyad Hamid told Shafaq News Agency, "It was the wrong policies over the previous years that drove Iraq to this stage of misery."

"The finance minister overlooked the extravagant salaries of officials and ministers and shed light on the salary of regular employees that merely suffices them throughout the month," Hamid said. "the Minister shall probably reduce his salary as a sign of goodwill to correct the course of the Iraqi economy. Only then can he make the statements he wants about the Iraqi economy."

https://shafaq.com/en/Report/Iraq-s-Minister-of-Finance-sparks-controversy-with-ill-considered-statements

Iraq's Minister of Finance sparks controversy with "ill-considered statements" 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum