Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate

Go down

Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate Empty Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate

Post by lexie Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm

October 28, 2011

Vietnam Dong Slips to Record Low as Central Bank Weakens Rate

Vietnam’s dong closed below 21,000 per dollar for the first time as the central bank set the currency’s reference rate at the weakest level since at least 2005. Government bonds were steady.

The State Bank of Vietnam set the daily reference rate at 20,803, compared with 20,788 yesterday, according to its website. The currency can trade up to 1 percent on either side of the fixing. The dong has weakened due to “complicated” movements in the local gold market and the foreign-exchange market “has not stabilized yet,” the central bank said in an Oct. 24 report posted on its website.

The dong fell 0.1 percent today and this week to 21,009 per dollar as of 4 p.m. in Hanoi, according to prices from banks compiled by Bloomberg. It was the currency’s weakest level since June 1993.

Government bonds were steady. The State Treasury sold 300 billion dong ($14.3 million) of five-year bonds at 12.15 percent and 700 billion dong of three-year notes at 12.10 percent at an auction yesterday, according to a statement posted on the Hanoi Stock Exchange’s website, where the sale took place. Both rates were unchanged from the previous two auctions held on Oct. 6 and Sept. 29. The treasury had offered 1 trillion dong each of the notes.

The yield on the five-year notes fell one basis point, or 0.01 percentage point, to 12.44 percent, according to a daily fixing price from banks compiled by Bloomberg. The yield rose two basis points this week.

“Bond yields in the secondary market will be hovering over these levels for a while unless the government changes the rates at auctions,” said Nguyen Tien Hai, the Hanoi-based head of fixed-income at Bao Viet Fund Management Co., a unit of Vietnam’s biggest insurer. “Demand for bonds is quite low.” (Bloomberg)

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/10/vietnam-dong-slips-to-record-low-as.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum