Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq

Go down

U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq Empty U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq

Post by claud39 Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:31 pm

[size=52]U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq[/size]
FACT SHEET
[size=14]BUREAU OF POLITICAL-MILITARY AFFAIRS

APRIL 2, 2020[/size]

U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program – Iraq Great-Seal-150x150

The United States is the largest donor to conventional weapons destruction (CWD) activities in Iraq, investing more than $550 million since 2003 toward the clearance of landmines, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and other explosive remnants of war (ERW) as well as for risk education. The United States significantly increased CWD assistance to Iraq beginning in Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 in order to address the unprecedented level of mass-produced, technologically sophisticated IEDs developed and employed by ISIS. These devices were employed to defend captured territory and target Iraqi Security Forces, as well as to booby trap homes, public spaces, farmland, and infrastructure to discourage the return of internally displaced persons and indiscriminately kill innocent civilians. Since FY 2015, the Department of State’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs’ Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA) has provided more than $420 million to support CWD efforts in Iraq enabling the following results:

• Deployed 89 survey and clearance teams across Iraq responsible for clearing over 125,000 explosive hazards, including more than 22,500 ISIS IEDs, facilitating the restoration of essential services, the development of local economies, and the return of displaced communities, including the return of Iraqi ethnic and religious minorities persecuted by ISIS to their ancestral homelands;

• Surveyed and cleared over 500 critical infrastructure sites including hospitals, schools, factories, roads, power stations, water pipelines, airports, and grain storage facilities in areas liberated from ISIS to facilitate repairs and the delivery of essential services;

• Cleared legacy ERW contamination in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region and southern Iraq from conflicts dating back to the 1980s to remove barriers to economic development and enhance human security;

• Provided risk education to more than 400,000 Iraqi men, women, and children, teaching them about potential dangers from ERW in their communities and encouraging safe behavior.

• Strengthened Iraqi capacity to clear ERW, manage survey and clearance operations, and manage ERW-related data in order to equip Iraq with the tools and experience needed to address enduring ERW contamination and foster a stable and prosperous Iraq.

The United States is the world’s single largest financial supporter of efforts to clear ERW. Since 1993, the United States has contributed more than $3.6 billion to more than 100 countries around the world to reduce the harmful worldwide effects of at-risk, illicitly proliferated, and indiscriminately used conventional weapons of war. For more information on U.S. humanitarian demining and CWD programs, check out the latest edition of our annual report, To Walk the Earth in Safety.
For further information, please contact the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Congressional and Public Affairs at PM-CPA@state.gov, and follow the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs on Twitter, @StateDeptPM.

https://www.state.gov/u-s-conventional-weapons-destruction-program-iraq/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum