Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing

Go down

Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing Empty Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing

Post by claud39 Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:05 pm

[size=36]Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing[/size]

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Trump says Soleimani masterminded "imminent" attacks and officials questioning its timing INAF_20200104101825131.jpg?404=d&h=946&w=1446&scale=both&mode=crop&c.focus=faces&c.finalmode=crop&f.threshold=2,4&f

After US President Donald Trump said that Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, who was killed in a US air strike in Baghdad, was planning "imminent" attacks on American interests, some National Security officials and the United States Congress used to use that word to justify his killing .

"I think there was a threat, but the question of how imminent it still needs to be answered," Democratic Senator Mark Warner, deputy chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told Reuters on Friday after a briefing on the Senate.

The word "imminent" includes attacks close to occurring on American targets, and it may help the Trump administration legally advance that Soleimani's killing was in self-defense.

A source in the National Security familiar with the internal government communications before the air strike said that the American agencies have gathered evidence that Iranian-backed groups or cells are actively planning to carry out attacks on American individuals and targets.

In response to a question whether the United States has strong evidence indicating that such attacks are "imminent," as Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo described it, the source said this depends on the person's definition of "imminent."

After repeating the question during a testimony to reporters on Friday, a senior State Department official said, "As to whether the specific conspiracies that (Suleimani) masterminded have reached a stage of progress that may allow them to implement them, I do not know."

The Pentagon had said in a statement on Thursday evening that Soleimani was "active in preparing plans" to attack American diplomats and military personnel in Iraq and the region, but she did not use the word "imminent."

Pompeo said in television interviews Friday morning that the killing of Soleimani had foiled an "imminent attack" on American targets. Trump spoke later in the day.

"Soleimani was planning imminent and evil attacks against American diplomats and soldiers, but we caught him in flagranteousness and filtered it," the US president told reporters at Mar El-Ajo resort.

Gen. Mark Millie, the chief of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters that Soleimani's conspiracies may have occurred despite his death.

Another congressional source familiar with the CIA reports about the threats said that testimonies made by intelligence officials to Congress indicated that allegations that Iran’s attacks on Americans in the region were imminent were "greatly exaggerated."

The second source said that intelligence information indicates that Soleimani was in contact with people involved in the planning of the attacks, but that no convincing information was provided to Congress on the fact that the plots were about to be implemented.

Source: Reuters

https://www.alayam.com/online/international/834747/News.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum