Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet

Go down

Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet Empty Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet

Post by RamblerNash Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet

Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet Story_img_5da0bf513211b

2019/10/11 20:43

Observers estimate the losses incurred by companies, banks and business sector in Iraq in general between 40 and 50 million dollars a day, due to the authorities cut off Internet access throughout the country since the outbreak of protests on October 1, to protest the spread Corruption and deterioration of living conditions.

The total loss of $ 400 million to $ 500 million over the past 10 days, and these losses are eligible to increase if the Internet continues to be cut in the coming days, according to the leaders of financial and business organizations.

The Ministry of Communications announced on Friday the return of Internet service throughout Iraq around the clock.

The Internet service, which was recently restored by Baghdad at certain times, and then quickly interrupted again against the backdrop of disgruntled popular demonstrations accompanied by unprecedented repression and violence, caused delays in receiving the salaries of about 6 million people, in addition to complete paralysis in the system of remittances and banking, and granted many Companies and commercial agencies for their employees leave open until service returns.

According to a senior official in Baghdad, "the private sector is the most affected by the interruption of the Internet, and it is not known whether it will be compensated for those losses or not?", Noting that "tourism companies, mobile phone, remittance, import, banks and stock market, the most affected in the country ".

The official, who declined to be named, said that "multi-million dollar transactions are being made daily through banks and all stopped, which means that these banks suffer heavy losses, in addition to other sectors, such as air transport lines that rely on electronic booking."

"Private sector losses cannot be calculated now, but initial estimates say they are in any way between $ 40 million and $ 50 million as a whole," said Mohammed al-Zubaidi, a Baghdad Chamber of Commerce member, adding that the government is legally obliged to pay compensation to those affected by the cuts. ".

According to al-Zubaidi: "Steps such as cutting off the Internet frighten foreign companies and give them a signal that the government role is not reassuring, and reflect that it is unable to make the right decisions, because the deliberate interruption of the Internet for days to control protesters, it is explained that those who run the country do not appreciate its importance in Today's world, and therefore this does not encourage investors to pour money into new projects in Iraq. "

"Mobile phone companies, remittances, money exchanges and tourism offices are among the hardest hit private economic sectors because they rely mainly on the Internet, and if they stop, they close."

The Iraqi government cut off the Internet after protests in several provinces, as well as the capital, Baghdad, and killed more than 100 people and injured more than 6,000, as a result of the use of excessive violence by security forces.

The government returned the Internet on Tuesday, October 8, for hours before re-blocking it, and then on Tuesday morning, for several hours as well. The Ministry of Communications published a statement today saying that the Internet will work in Iraq from 8 am to 3 pm daily.

The statement added the day before yesterday: "The Internet works during working days to facilitate the work in government departments, with the continued ban on all social networking sites."

For seven days, the travel and tourism offices continued to apologize to their clients, some of whom suffered heavy losses as a result of being unable to travel.

Ali al-Saidi, who runs a tourist company, said their offices were open in the past few days without work or employees. A day due to Internet outages up to five thousand dollars. "

He added that in addition to financial losses, there are humanitarian and health damage to many patients who have bookings for surgery outside the country, and those who have appointments, commitments and actions that require their travel. And booked again, resulting in double costs and hard work. "

The Kurdistan region, consisting of three governorates: Sulaymaniyah, Erbil and Dohuk, was not interrupted by the Internet, and there were no protests.

Ali Ibrahim, who owns an office for exchange and remittances, says his business has fallen by 98%. "All financial transactions depend on the Internet," he said.

He said that the transactions of banking offices and remittances ranges between 200 thousand and one million dollars per day, but with the cessation of the Internet has become almost stopped, and there are simple operations conducted manually, pointing out that the salaries of retirees, which are disbursed through the Central Bank distributed through the offices of remittances and banking by electronic cards The pensioners had to wait

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=214657

Reveal the losses of Iraq from cutting the Internet 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum