Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."


Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Buy and Sell

Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Ponee on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Guru  Kaperoni




People can only sit for so long with empty promises to they get restless. The government needs to activate economic reforms, laws and the banking system needs to get open for investors to come in.  Otherwise violence is only going to escalate. 


10.11.2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Article:   "Finance Committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives announced on Monday (19-August-2019) the government direction to reinstate the currency and delete zeros from paper currency in order to strengthen the national economy"  You better hope that doesn't happen because they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..."I want to remove the zeros off the paper"...meaning lop them.   ...my hope is the CBI is going to follow the directive of the IMF in float the currency and allow it to gradually rise based on the influx of capital as a result of significant investment to create a market economy. But as a backup it seems that Parliament wants to pass a law to Simply lop the zeros off the notes and create a one-to-one exchange rate, as well as reducing the currency from trillions to billions... We have to hope iraq succeeds in launching this market economy.


10.10.2019

*****************
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 35317
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Ponee on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:14 pm

.

*****************
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 35317
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Sam I Am on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:08 am

picking

I've only been saying for eight years that they're describing a lop. And I've been saying for seven years that Kap is wrong about the free float. Iraq, just like the other petroleum based economies of that region, will never have a free floating currency. The IMF is only recommending that they go to a more flexible exchange rate on their current exchange regime of a defacto peg via a managed float. In other words, don't be so reluctant to slowly and incrementally lower the value in order to stimulate your economy by making your exports more attractive to foreign markets. In effect, the IMF is encouraging them to move the dinar's value in the opposite direction from what speculators want.

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2016-01-21

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Muskie on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm not going to comment on what Kap is talking about regarding a lop but Sam you need to understand what you read before you make such statements go back and read what the IMF is stating and you'll see they are not talking about devaluing the currency
Muskie
Muskie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 134
Join date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Sam I Am on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 pm

I've read those IMF documents that Kap links to. They're not talking about a free float. They're talking about making periodic adjustments to the exchange rate, and since it would serve no purpose to raise the value they must be talking about lowering the value. If you have a link that you believe supports a different view I'll gladly take a look at it.

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2016-01-21

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Muskie on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm

@Sam I Am wrote:I've read those IMF documents that Kap links to.  They're not talking about a free float.  They're talking about making periodic adjustments to the exchange rate, and since it would serve no purpose to raise the value they must be talking about lowering the value.  If you have a link that you believe supports a different view I'll gladly take a look at it.
Research the Balassa-Samuelson Effect.  I think your quite naive.
Muskie
Muskie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 134
Join date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Sam I Am Yesterday at 1:55 pm

I'm naive? LOL I'm not the one holding onto IQD expecting an unprecedented and impossible revaluation (or appreciation via a free float, which will never happen with the IQD because Iraq has a petroleum based economy) to make me million$. I've read about the BS Effect, and it has nothing to do with any substantial increase in the dinar's value. I learned about currency valuation from a recognized expert - John Jagerson. I didn't study at the Kaperoni School of Economics. Emerging economies like Iraq's are much more likely to have a currency that loses value than one that gains value. When the IMF talks about a more flexible exchange rate they're not talking about going to a free float so the IQD can take off like a rocket. They're saying the managed float that they're using now could be relaxed a bit, which would likely lead to a declining valuation.

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2016-01-21

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Muskie Yesterday at 4:01 pm

@Sam I Am wrote:I'm naive?  LOL  I'm not the one holding onto IQD expecting an unprecedented and impossible revaluation (or appreciation via a free float, which will never happen with the IQD because Iraq has a petroleum based economy) to make me million$.  I've read about the BS Effect, and it has nothing to do with any substantial increase in the dinar's value.  I learned about currency valuation from a recognized expert - John Jagerson.  I didn't study at the Kaperoni School of Economics.  Emerging economies like Iraq's are much more likely to have a currency that loses value than one that gains value.  When the IMF talks about a more flexible exchange rate they're not talking about going to a free float so the IQD can take off like a rocket.  They're saying the managed float that they're using now could be relaxed a bit, which would likely lead to a declining valuation.
You must be living in another world if you don't realize what Iraq is trying to do. They're clearly trying to build a market economy to diversify away from oil or at least substantially reduce dependence on it. If you really read what the Balassa-Samuelson Effect is then you would understand it has everything to do with the rapid growth of the economy and as a result, the rapid appreciation of the currency. You're either stubborn or naive or both for not seeing what's happening. I'm not expecting anything this year and maybe not even next.   It could take many more years in my mind, but you obviously don't understand what you read or are to set in your lop ways to understanding what's happening in Iraq. I don't think referencing a guru gives you any more credibility in fact it makes it less. I do my own studying and I read documentation and understand. I don't need a guru to explain anything to me.  I think the team at the IMF probably knows a little more than your part-time economist Jagerson.
Muskie
Muskie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 134
Join date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by Jayzze Yesterday at 6:28 pm

the only thing that is clear is you are fos and keep dreaming
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 5665
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by RamblerNash Yesterday at 11:06 pm

@Muskie wrote:I'm not going to comment on what Kap is talking about regarding a lop but Sam you need to understand what you read before you make such statements go back and read what the IMF is stating and you'll see they are not talking about devaluing the currency
Their not talking about revaluing the Dinar either.

https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/CR/Issues/2019/07/25/Iraq-2019-Article-IV-Consultation-and-Proposal-for-Post-Program-Monitoring-Press-Release-48527

The IMF's projection to 2024 is still at 1,182 (1,190 including commission)
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Posts : 16742
Join date : 2015-02-19

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  they're talking about a lop it's clear as day.. Empty Re: Kaperoni says - they're talking about a lop it's clear as day..

Post by RamblerNash Yesterday at 11:08 pm

@Muskie wrote:
You must be living in another world if you don't realize what Iraq is trying to do. They're clearly trying to build a market economy to diversify away from oil or at least substantially reduce dependence on it. If you really read what the Balassa-Samuelson Effect is then you would understand it has everything to do with the rapid growth of the economy and as a result, the rapid appreciation of the currency.
Rapid? No where does it say that! Your making that part up.

Here's an article you might find interesting about the Balassa-Samualson hypothesis:

https://sjes.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s41937-019-0029-3


I'm sure you have read plenty of articles that Iraq wants to attract foreign investment. Depreciating the exchange rate does just that. It gives foreign investors more purchasing power within Iraq. The problems with attracting foreign investment is there are still bombs going off daily, corruption, the lack of services, etc.


Seen any demonstrations about that lately?
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Posts : 16742
Join date : 2015-02-19

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum