Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

"Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet? DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Buy and Sell

"Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet?

Go down

"Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet? Empty "Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet?

Post by RamblerNash on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 pm

"Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet?

"Secret media" .. How did Iraqis bypass the Internet? Cb770b1a-ea0c-4a9b-90de-50b679f95dc1_w1023_r1_s

2019/10/06 10:06:54

Iraqi youths are trying to find solutions to bypass Internet blocking by the Iraqi authorities to crack down on bloody protests, using covert transmission methods, widely unused methods and external messages, but they are expensive.
After the wave of protests, which killed about 100 people since Tuesday in Baghdad and other provinces, Iraqi authorities decided to disable the Internet to limit access to Facebook and WhatsApp, before cutting the Internet completely on Wednesday, leaving the demonstrators with no means of communication other than regular communications and messages .

Alternative communication media
Ahmed, 29, works for an Internet provider that has implemented the government's decision to shut down the network, but its employees are still able to access the Internet at the company's headquarters.
"I go to the demonstrations in the morning, shoot videos in my phone, then go back to my workplace and use the Internet to upload them to Facebook or send them to media outside Iraq," Ahmed (not his real name) told AFP.
Ahmed briefed Agence France Presse on videos he plans to send to foreign media at night, where he is heard shooting in the streets of almost empty, while he and his fellow protesters took refuge in the concrete blocks.
"My comrades hand me the materials they photograph on USB memory sticks so everyone outside Iraq can see what's happening here," he says.
Prior to Tuesday, social media was a platform for Iraqis to call for demonstrations, especially via Facebook and Instagram, against unemployment, corruption, cronyism, lack of social services and more.

NAZELLES take my right
on the first day, pictures of men and women invaded as they marched towards Tahrir Square Avatar in the center of the capital, the means of social communication, with "# Nazl_okhz_haka" use Hachtag.
When Facebook started blocking, Iraqis moved in secret to download VPN applications (a virtual network that allows access to servers outside the country), and others began publishing details of upcoming events in the Cinemana Comments section, an application that broadcasts popular shows and series in Iraq. .
Others have used satellite communications, which are very expensive, to communicate with the outside world.
The protesters pointed out that blocking the Internet is an attempt to prevent reports of repression by security forces used to repel protesters tear gas, water cannons and live bullets.

bullet sound!
About 100 people have been killed since Tuesday in Iraq, most of them demonstrators, including some security elements, according to official statistics.
"They are trying to confront us not only with weapons, but with obstruction," protester Osama Mohammed, 31, told AFP.
“We used to look at all the Facebook pages of our neighborhoods to see where we were going to demonstrate.
"If they cut off normal communications, we will become blind," he said.
Rasha, a 25-year-old feminist, considers the demonstrations a big risk to her if she takes part. Yet she found another way to get involved.
Every day, her young comrades provide her with phone messages about the latest developments in protest arenas across Iraq, and she forwards those messages to her friends in the UAE and Europe.
"I am not a veteran," Rasha told AFP. "I can't pretend alone, so that's the least I can do."
It also maintains a video and some unpublished material from one of the first violent demonstrations to which it was a participant.
"They think we will forget that they shot us, they think people won't know. But I have videos, and I will post everything I saw the moment the Internet returns," she says.
Jaafar Raad, a 29-year-old unemployed, also keeps videos and photos taken during the demonstrations he participated in, for publication at the lifting of the blocking.
Raad also records voice messages on popular apps such as Facebook and Facebook, from the protesters themselves, so that they can send them to friends abroad and to international media once the Internet returns.
"People should know what happened," Raad told AFP. "So we will be able to hold those who are responsible for what happened."

LINK
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum