Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Kaperoni says - dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.

2 posters

Go down

Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  Empty Kaperoni says - dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.

Post by Ponee Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Kaperoni    ...there have been many discussions about a float over the years from the CBI, and economic experts in Iraq...Floating the currency is not some arbitrary or random event it precedes pressure created on their financial system otherwise the repercussions could be bad for the country...if significant investment is going to come into Iraq as expected it's going to create pressure. There has to be a mechanism in place just prior to relieve that pressure. That mechanism is a float...If you do not have a mechanism in place, the monetary stability in the country will be thrown completely out of whack. And the CBI could lose control over the currency as inflation skyrockets as a result...precautions need to be in place and tools are used to maintain the stability

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have always said the pace of the appreciation on a float is based on how fast investment comes into the country. The faster investors bring money through the cbi's capital account to invest in rebuilding, etc. The more pressure it creates causing the CBI to allow the currency to appreciate.  So it could make a big move in a relatively short period of time?  Of course...That is what the balassa -Samuelson effect is...the directive from the IMF to float the currency is the safest and best solution for all of us to see the currency go up in value because a RV of any significant amount is not possible...a float is the only reasonable solution as requested by the IMF in 2013 as part of the Article IV Consultation...I wouldn't be in it if I believed in a LOP. But I do believe that anything other than a float is unrealistic at this point...

...dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible Iraq could never afford any such RV/RI.  The only scenario where I could see such a thing is if they LOP first. I've already stated I don't believe that Iraq would LOP. That being said, the only thing they can do is raise the value gradually over time as I've discussed many times via a float.  The reason why I say they will float is 1. the IMF specifically gave such a directive, 2.  Iraq can't afford any other increase in value with so much currency in circulation, 3. have to reduce the currency which can't occur until after the value starts to rise. So we'll just have to wait and see how the next several months play out. But I know one thing if they're going to raise the value it's going to have to occur gradually...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a pretty good article that came out the last day or so pertaining to the CBI joining the official forum of monetary and financial institutions (OMFIF). I think this boosts the credibility of the CBI tremendously. 

Last edited by Ponee on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  Empty Re: Kaperoni says - dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.

Post by Mission1st Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 pm

they couldnt afford .50 cents right now, much less the $3 rate Phony Tony is babbling about.
Mission1st
Mission1st
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Kaperoni says -  dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.  Empty Re: Kaperoni says - dinar rates...in excess of $3...not possible.

Post by Ponee Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum