Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly

Go down

September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly Empty September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly

Post by claud39 Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am

[size=36]September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly[/size]

SEPTEMBER 3, 2019

September in the Security Council: two ministerial meetings scheduled by Russia for the high-level week of the General Assembly SC%20slide

In addition to the situation in the Middle East and the possible strengthening of the sanctions regime against Libya, the work program of the Security Council for the month of September will be marked by the holding of two ministerial meetings, including a debate on cooperation between Libya. the United Nations and regional and subregional organizations in the maintenance of international peace and security, a subject particularly dear to the Russian Federation, which chairs the body for the next four weeks. 

At his opening press conference this afternoon at UN Headquarters in New York, Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation, Mr. Vassily Nebenzia, did not hesitate to describe this debate. "brand event", especially with regard to the quality of the guests. The meeting will be held on the morning of 25 September, at the heart of the high-level week of the General Assembly, in the presence of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, several ministers and leaders of organizations such as the United Nations Shanghai for Cooperation, the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Collective Security Treaty Organization, whose role in the fight against terrorism will be at the center of the exchanges. 

The other ministerial meeting is scheduled the next day, 26 September, in the afternoon, and will take the form of an information session on "Peace and security in Africa: Partnerships to maintain regional peace and security" ". Prepared in cooperation with the three African members of the Council (Côte d'Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea and South Africa), it aims to "explore the security challenges facing Africa," said Nebenzia. The Secretary-General should this time be represented by his Chief of Staff, Mrs. Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti. 

North Africa is also on the menu of the Council with a briefing on 4 September on the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) and sanctions against that country. If the Chairman of the Sanctions Committee, German Ambassador Jürgen Schulz, is physically present at this briefing, the UNSMIL Special Representative and Head, Mr. Ghassan Salamé, should make a video conference call. Following consultations in the wake of this meeting, a draft resolution will be presented to the Fifteen on the morning of 12 September, Nebenzia said. 

"This is a difficult issue, perhaps even more difficult than the Syrian file," commented the Russian diplomat to the press. He reiterated his delegation's support for Mr. Salamé, "a realistic man who understands the situation very well", while calling for partnerships to help him. "If we succeed in saving Libya, we will save what is south of Libya, that is, the Sahel," he said. 

With regard to Syria, consultations on the use of chemical weapons are planned as of 4 September, followed by a briefing and further consultations, this time on the political and humanitarian situation, on 19 September in the morning, in the presence of the Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ms. Ursula Mueller, and perhaps the Special Envoy, Mr. Geir Pedersen. The Russian Ambassador took advantage of his presentation to indicate that his country would present on this occasion "evidence" showing, according to him, that the accusations of attacks against hospitals against the Syrian authorities are "false". 

He also announced that Ms. Mueller and the Special Envoy to Yemen, Mr. Martin Griffith, would take stock of the situation in that country on the morning of 16 September, during a briefing and consultations. In the eyes of the Russian representative, the conflict is "complex" and "very difficult to solve", particularly because of the "kaleidoscope" of the forces involved. In this context, he stressed, it is better to stick to the implementation of the Stockholm Agreement. "A new resolution would not solve what's happening on the ground. "

Another important subject, as negotiations between the United States and the Taliban appear to be close, is the future of the United Nations Support Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) on 10 September. in the morning, with a view to the adoption of a resolution on the morning of the 16th. According to Mr. Nebenzia, the speakers at this meeting will be the UNAMA Special Representative, Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, the Executive Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Mr. Yuri Fedotov, by videoconference, and the Chairman of the Sanctions Committee, Mr. Dian Triansyah Djani. The presence of the President of the Counter-Terrorism Bureau, Vladimir Voronkov, remains to be confirmed. 

The Council must adopt yet another resolution to renew the mandate of the United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia on 20 September, the same day as the monthly briefing on the Middle East.

The Russian Ambassador, on the other hand, reported on a debate on UN peacekeeping operations on 9 September, during which Under-Secretary-General for Peace Operations Jean-Pierre Lacroix will inform the participants. If a briefing is also planned on the United Nations Integrated Peacebuilding Office in Guinea-Bissau (UNOGBIS) and the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), respectively on 10 and 18 September, no meeting or The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is scheduled to hold consultations in September, despite tensions over new missile firing by Pyongyang, Nebenzia said.

It will be the same for the Iranian nuclear issue, he added, regretting the "confused and contradictory" statements made by the various parties. In the short term, Russia is trying to "save" the Joint Global Action Plan (JCPOA) and "is trying to ease tensions," said the President of the Council, expressing hope that the opening of the the General Assembly at the end of September will be an "opportunity for dialogue" between Washington and Tehran. "We hope something positive will happen," he concluded. 

https://www.un.org/press/fr/2019/conf190903cs.doc.htm

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum