Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

response from US Congresswoman DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

response from US Congresswoman

Go down

response from US Congresswoman Empty response from US Congresswoman

Post by boo2unme on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 am

Dear Mrs. xxxxx,
Thank you for contacting me regarding the debt ceiling. I ran for Congress to stop the government from mortgaging my grandchildren's future, and like you, I am angered by the lack of leadership in Congress towards an issue that poses such a grave threat to the future security and prosperity of our nation.
R
egrettably, like someone who purchases a small business from bankruptcy, the 112th Congress must now deal with the out of control spending of others and begin the work of returning our government to fiscal solvency. In the past five years, Congress has increased the debt ceiling six times with no substantive debate or regard for the long term impact of their decisions. This has led the credit limit of the United States to increase from $8.9 trillion to $12.3 trillion.

Unlike the past five years, this Congress is meticulously debating any vote to raise the debt limit and how we can stop this cycle of borrow and spend. The President and many House Democrats have called for an increase in the debt ceiling with no budget cuts or structural changes to be included. In May, the House voted down this option and today negotiations continue on a package of spending cuts and budgetary reforms that will be linked to any future debt ceiling vote.

Congress must use this vote on the debt limit as an opportunity to push for more cuts in spending in order to force the government to live within its means. Already I have voted to cut spending by repealing President Obama's job-killing health care bill, passing the House Republican budget saving $6.2 trillion over 10 years, decreasing Congress's budget by five percent, and eliminating earmarks. In total, these cuts would save taxpayers billions of dollars in new spending and taxes. Every week that we are in session Republicans will hold a vote to cut government spending until fiscal discipline has been restored.

When a final vote on raising the debt ceiling comes to the House floor, I will consider it with your thoughts in mind.

It is an honor to serve Tennessee's 6th Congressional District. If you wish to share additional information with me concerning this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me or my staff at (202) 225-4231 or through email by going to my website http://black.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Diane Black
Member of Congress

P.S. Stay up-to-date on key legislation and events; sign up for my weekly e-newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
boo2unme
boo2unme

Back to top Go down

response from US Congresswoman Empty Re: response from US Congresswoman

Post by Duckyboy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:22 am

good work
Duckyboy
Duckyboy
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

response from US Congresswoman Empty Re: response from US Congresswoman

Post by globalbiz on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 am

Now there is a politicians answer (less) to a direct IQD question for ya....!

globalbiz
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum