Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq

Go down

International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq Empty International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq

Post by claud39 Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 am

International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq

21/07/2019

International expert: Electricity can be a cornerstone of growth for Iraq 16351

Economy News Baghdad

During the Iraq Energy Supply Conference held in Baghdad early this month, the lights went out three times as the experts gathered discussed ways to rebuild the country's electricity system.

The holidays that took place are reminiscent of the difficult task of this sector, which falls on the shoulders of the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity to overcome them and make some progress on them.

Robin Mills, an international expert on energy strategy and economics, said in his report on the electricity sector in Iraq that the sector has not recovered substantially since the damage it suffered during the first Gulf War and then the siege and economic sanctions during the 1990s and the ensuing chaos and looting during The stage of the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 and the consequent staggered reconstruction.

The rate of electricity generation did not reach the pre-invasion level until 2008. From 2012 onwards the rate of generation began to grow really fast but was soon reduced due to the devastating incident of the invasion of an organization calling for large areas of Iraq in 2014 caused the destruction of most of the infrastructure For the electricity sector in the north and west of the country.

On the other hand, the rate of population growth in Iraq adds more than one million people annually to the country's population as well as there is a growing demand for air conditioners during the hot summer weather in addition to television sets and the supply of crowded supermarkets newly established in large areas of Baghdad with the need of electric power. With electricity available from 12 to 16 hours a day, even the progress of adding new generation can hardly cover the gap.

Taking into consideration, theoretically, 30 gigawatts of power plants, Iraq is at its best, generating nearly 15 gigawatts over the past year. Repair attempts have increased this year to 18 gigawatts.

Iraqis have worked to bridge this gap through diesel generators in residential neighborhoods, which are often expensive and produce disturbing sounds as well as pollution. Despite the subsidized electricity prices generated by national government stations, the Iraqi home pays four times as much as the homes of neighboring countries pay electricity for poor service. Residential generators are often not enough to operate an air conditioner, although the new expensive cooling systems they can operate in are common.

These problems have worsened with the severance of gas and electricity supplies from Iran caused by non-payment of wages. The United States has pressed Baghdad to end its reliance on Iran for energy imports, although it has given it a short-term exemption from sanctions.

Reform of the electricity sector needs to be precise and management: The Ministry of Electricity to cooperate with the Ministry of Oil to ensure fuel to reach the required rate of production with a suitable capacity to be able to distribute electricity to the correct parties. Electric power projects have long been plagued by real corruption with charges of politically motivated corruption as well as bureaucracy in dealing. Now, foreign political pressure has added another obstacle.

The Ministry of Electricity should increase the electricity tariff and force residents to pay bills so that they can cover their costs and curb excessive demand for energy. But angry activists and parents complain about the deterioration of services and refuse to raise prices.

The Ministry of Electricity has recently turned its attention to generating approximately 755 MW of various solar sites around the country, which will be the country's first large-scale experiment in solar power generation.

Solar power plants are often inexpensive and can be installed quickly and do not depend on unreliable fuel supplies and can be found in places close to residential communities to avoid the problem of transmission lines.

Iraq could benefit from the experiences of neighboring countries such as the UAE, Jordan and Egypt in implementing solar power generation projects that could initially start from small-scale projects to major solar plant projects.

High temperatures, water scarcity and frequent electricity cuts often infuriate residents, accompanied by a lack of stable economic activity.

Now, with relative security, the government can find solutions to the country's practical problems.Patience must be parallel to the process of tangible progress in this area during the next decade to keep the lighting going on without interruption for ever.

Source: Range

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=17304
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum