Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk»

Go down

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» Empty Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk»

Post by claud39 Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk»

Thursday 02 May 2019

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» 52

KUWAIT (Reuters) - Kuwait yesterday launched a 36-kilometer-long bridge over the sea, one of the longest in the world to link the capital to its remote north. The city is planned to pump billions of dollars in hopes of reviving the historic Silk Road spirit
Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah, the former Emir who died in January 2006, is one of the longest bridges in the world, stretching from the capital Kuwait to the Sabiya area near Iraq and Iran. 
The sea bridge is supposed to reduce driving time between Kuwait City and the Sabia area from 90 minutes to less than 30 minutes. 
Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, the Emir of Kuwait, participated in the inauguration of the bridge with South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yun and French Senate President Gerard Larcher. 
The French group Sestra designed the bridge, which was executed by the South Korean Hyundai Group in cooperation with the Kuwaiti Joint Contracting Group. 
French company Sestra said in a statement that the bridge cost $ 3.6 billion and took nearly five years to complete, and that its completion was a technical challenge. 
The bridge is built over more than 1,100 pillars, each of which is about three meters wide, some of which have been found at a depth of 72 meters on the seafloor, while the height of the sea is between 9 meters and 23 meters. 
During the opening ceremony, Kuwait's Minister of Public Works and Housing Minister Janan Bushehri said that with the inauguration of the bridge, Kuwait will begin a new era in the construction of Kuwait 2035, the economic vision adopted by the emirate aimed at diversifying its economy. "The project is of great economic feasibility, and our partnership with South Korea reflects a remarkable development in the relations between the two countries on the economic and political level." 
The Kuwaiti government expects the investment in the "Silk City" project in the boys to be about $ 100 billion. 
Despite the sharp drop in oil prices in the global market and the unprecedented austerity measures adopted by the Gulf states since 2014 to offset their budget deficits, Kuwait, which accounts for 95 percent of its revenues, has vowed not to touch on major investment projects. 
Kuwait has a sovereign fund outside the country with foreign exchange reserves of $ 600 billion and runs a five-year development plan worth about $ 115 billion. 
Authorities say the sea bridge provides a strategic link between Kuwait and the northern region. She notes that the development plan for the boys' area includes, along with the construction of a housing sector in the "City of Silk", other economic projects including the establishment of a port on the nearby island of Boubyan, the largest Kuwaiti islands. 
The bridge is a key element in the plan to establish and develop the free economic zone in northern Kuwait, which is supposed to be built on five Kuwaiti islands near the shores of Iraq and Iran. 
The bridge construction project includes the main branch linking Kuwait City with Al Sabia, and another branch to the west known as Doha Link. The two bridges start from the port of Shuwaikh, the main port in the country. 

http://www.akhbar-alkhaleej.com/news/article/1165384
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» Empty Kuwait launches fourth largest sea bridge in world $ 3.6 billion

Post by claud39 Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm

[size=30]Kuwait launches fourth largest sea bridge in world $ 3.6 billion[/size]

Connects the capital to the northern region and revives investments in the project «Silk City»

May 02, 2019

Kuwait to launch bridge between the longest in the world to connect the capital with the «City of Silk» 1556731876943766000

Prince of Kuwait Sheikh Jaber Bridge, which extends 36 km above the sea and is one of the longest bridges in the world (KUNA)

Kuwait: «Middle East»

KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait's Sheikh Jaber Bridge, which runs 36 km above the sea and is one of the world's tallest bridges, was inaugurated on Wednesday to connect the capital Kuwait with its remote north, where the government plans to pump billions of dollars. Historical trading. 
Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah, the former Emir who died in January 2006, is the fourth longest sea bridge in the world. 
Jaber Bridge is one of the longest sea bridges in the world, with a length of about 50 km and a height of 150 meters, linking Kuwait to the city of Sabia near the border with Iraq and the new city of silk. 
The sea bridge is supposed to reduce driving time between Kuwait City and the Sabia area from 90 minutes to less than 30 minutes.
Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah inaugurated the bridge with South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yun and French Senate President Gerard Larcher. 
The French group Sestra designed the bridge, which was executed by the South Korean group Hyundai in cooperation with the Kuwaiti joint venture group. 
French company Sestra said in a statement that the bridge cost $ 3.6 billion and took nearly five years to complete, and that its completion was a technical challenge. 
The bridge is built over more than 1,100 pillars, each of which is about three meters wide, some of which have been found at a depth of 72 meters on the seafloor, while the height of the sea is between 9 meters and 23 meters. 
During the inauguration ceremony, the Korean Prime Minister made a speech in which he expressed his pride in the participation of "Korean companies in the largest national project in the history of Kuwait."
"Kuwait begins with the inauguration of the bridge a new era in the construction of Kuwait 2035," Kuwait's Minister of Public Works and Housing Minister Janan Bushehri said at the opening ceremony, which represents Kuwait's economic vision to diversify its economy. 
"The project is of great economic value, and our partnership with South Korea reflects a remarkable development in the relations between the two countries on the economic and political level," she said. 
Kuwait is looking to turn the al-Sabiyya area, which lies in the far north near the Iraqi border, into a huge free zone linking the Gulf to central Asia and Europe at a cost of billions of dollars. 
The Kuwaiti government expects the investment in the "Silk City" project in the boys to be about $ 100 billion.
Despite the sharp drop in oil prices on the global market and the unprecedented austerity measures adopted by the Gulf states since 2014 to offset their budget deficits, Kuwait, which accounts for 95 percent of its revenues, has vowed not to touch major investment projects. 
Kuwait has a foreign sovereign fund with foreign exchange reserves of $ 600 billion and a five-year development plan with investments worth about $ 115 billion. 
Authorities say the sea bridge provides a strategic link between Kuwait and the northern region. She notes that the development plan for the boys' area includes, besides building a residential sector in the Silk City, other economic projects, including the establishment of a port on the nearby island of Boubyan, the largest of the Kuwaiti islands.
The bridge is a key element in the plan to establish and develop a free economic zone in northern Kuwait, which is supposed to be built on five Kuwaiti islands near the shores of Iraq and Iran. 
The bridge construction project comprises the main branch connecting Kuwait City and Al Sabia, and another branch to the west known as Doha Link. The two bridges start from the port of Shuwaikh, the main port in the country.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/1704196/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%B4%D9%86-%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%B9-%D8%A3%D9%83%D8%A8%D8%B1-%D8%AC%D8%B3%D8%B1-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%AA%D9%83%D9%84%D9%81%D8%A9-36-%D9%85%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B1
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum