Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19 DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap

Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19

Go down

Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19 Empty Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19

Post by RamblerNash on Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 am

Maibaum (or Maypole) celebration

Hurray, hurray May 1st has arrived!

The Maibaum tradition in Bavaria is on May 1st and it is here. This is one of my favorite traditional celebrations I have experienced once living in Bavaria, Germany. I have come to really love it. Coincidentally, it is the very first event when we experienced together as we began our dating before our marriage. So this one is especially good to me. Since decades ago, this event has not changed much and it feels good that somethings never change and will always be there to remember. It is our connection in some way to each other.

In Bavaria, it is one of the most popular traditions for meeting and socializing with people of the village. Many of these people we probably have not seen or spoken to since last year’s Maibaum fest. As you know our village is a ski resort and so we are all very busy throughout the year. This is our opportunity too to relax and transition from our winter work to the upcoming summer tourist season.

During Maibaum we raise a 30-50 metre high maypole on the village green. This custom dates back to the 15th century and has been a symbol for national identity in Bavarian villages since the 18th century. Each maypole is uniquely decorated with ribbons, wreaths or signs denoting local craftsmen’s guilds. I have a video today for you to show you what the Maibaum looks like and what the ceremony is all about. Don’t be fooled since most women are only involved after the pole is erected. The men are in charge of the pole and getting it situated. Trust me it is more that just positioning the pole. For them it is drinking gallons of fine beer and eating goodies along the way. The young men begin at an early age with their fathers to learn.

Women are part of the dancing later but mostly getting the food prepared and ready for service. It is funny too as we are needed later as dancing partners for our husbands but mostly to hold them up as, by the time the dancing begins later in the day, they seem to need us to hold them up as they have a bit too much fun earlier in the day …lol..lol..lol..

There are some fine meats now roasting outside on open fire pits. Other goodies are prepared and brought to the tables by each family. We have a small brewery in our village and so don’t forget our spring beer. It is called Maibock, (or May bock) and is the only style of beer that is brewed specifically for springtime from our brewery.

This style is unique to the season. This is offered until mid June. A beer called Hellesbock is brewed throughout the rest of the year in Munich and other parts of Bavaria from a virtually identical recipe. Nevertheless, this light-colored, wide-bodied bock seems perfect for our spring event today. As many of you know I am not a big fan of beer but today I take the exception and drink this delicious, fresh and tasty Maibock.

We can now see the trees are starting to bud. Much of the winter snows from lower mountain areas is gone. My hiking paths are open. Later this week we plan to travel up the mountain and explore. The mountain flowers are blooming and today it is a warming day in spring. It is the perfect day for the occasion. We are excited!

I wish everyone reading this newsletter today a fine and happy springtime season!

Remember April flowers bring May flowers. So, if you are down, think of the flowers to come.

Auf Wiedersehen
Much love to ya all,
Mnt Goat

RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19 Empty Re: Mnt Goat News Letter 5/1/19

Post by Ponee on Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 am

So, here is where Mnt Goat Has "BORROWED" Some of his MAY DAY info from.  Again, what the goat is spouting is unoriginal....  Notice the WORD FOR WORD info shared.... 

I always hated when people gushed about how "beautifully the goat writes"   .... since it is all taken from travel and info brochures and websites. 

https://www.bavaria.by/experiences/city-country-culture/traditions-customs/1st-may-is-maypole-day-in-bavaria/

https://www.invest-in-bavaria.com/en/blog/post/the-maypole-tradition-in-bavaria.html

I must say, he has gotten better at REWORDING what he is copying.... if you google some of his other paragraphs, you can see where they have come from, but they are creatively re-written.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum