Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars

Go down

US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars Empty US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars

Post by claud39 Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:30 am

[size=52][ltr][size=48]US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars[/size][/ltr][/size]
[size=48]2019-04-24
[/size]

[size=45][ltr]Translated by Hamid Ahmed[/ltr][/size]

[size=45][ltr]While the administration of President Donald Trump announced on Monday that a number of countries would be exempted from sanctions on Iran, the Iraqi Electricity Ministry is preparing to increase its natural gas imports from its neighbor to meet the growing summer demand for electricity. 
Iraq does not import "crude oil" from Iran, but it imports natural gas to operate power plants, but it could be an obstacle to an additional exemption from sanctions on Iran for gas imports after the June deadline expires. 
This will depend on two cases, whether Washington realizes the severe problems that could be caused by power outages in Iraq because of the disruption of gas imported from Iran to operate the power plants, and see Baghdad is taking steps to reduce its dependence on Iran. 
"For us in Iraq, we have no second choice at the moment," Musab al-Mudar, a spokesman for the Ministry of Electricity, told reporters on the sidelines of the energy conference in Baghdad. "The demand for electricity in Iraq during the summer season is 24,000 megawatts Even if accompanied by government plans to close factories run by the state and other attempts to reduce the bottleneck in the rate of consumption, noting that the demand for electricity is increasing by 7% per year. 
Protests over power shortages and the absence of other basic services often erupt in the summer. In the past, electricity ministers were exempted in response to the protests. In 2018 protesters gathered in front of government buildings and oil fields. So it is very likely that the situation will be worse this time in a country like Iraq that is still politically fragile if Iran's gas supplies to Iraq are cut off. 
"We currently import from Iran about 28 million cubic meters of gas per day, which is sufficient to generate 2,800 megawatts. In addition, we will import another 1500 megawatts across the border through the power transmission lines, so it will be combined with more than 4,000 megawatts of gas and electric power," the teacher said. Imported. " 
He added that gas imports will increase temporarily during the summer to reach 35 million cubic meters per day, adding 700 megawatts of electricity generated through Iranian support in this area. 
However, Iraq is moving ahead with strategies to calm Washington. He is negotiating a plan with Iran that would lead to payment of Iraqi dinar instead of the dollar, while guaranteeing the disbursement of money through an Iraqi bank inside Iraq. These are technically important measures to avoid violating US sanctions against Iran. 
On the other hand, Iraq is seeking an alternative source to import energy. Last week, through a series of leading and economic meetings in Riyadh, Iraq and Saudi Arabia signed a memorandum of understanding to build potential power transmission lines during which electricity will be imported from Saudi Arabia. 
The teacher said that the memorandum of understanding is a prelude to the preparation of a feasibility study to establish transmission lines linking the Iraqi electricity system with the Saudi system. He added that the time to prepare the study will not be long, as it will be completed in a month or a month and a half, but linking transmission lines between the two countries may take ten months to a year, which will be able to transfer more than 1000 MW of electricity to Iraq. 
The only other option is for Iraq to become self-sufficient to produce gas to develop enough electricity for longer. 
"We must have self-sufficiency in the amount of gas produced for use in the power generation sector within four years when we complete the development of our gas fields," he said. 
About: Platts[/ltr][/size]

[ltr][size=45]https://www.sotaliraq.com/2019/04/24/وكالة-أميركيّة-بغداد-تفاوض-طهران-لشرا/[/size]
[/ltr]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum