Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Trump caught off guard as Iranian foreign minister Zarif flies in to G7 summit

Post by claud39 Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 pm

[size=37]Trump caught off guard as Iranian foreign minister Zarif flies in to G7 summit[/size]

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1727046-1231196589

Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the Biarritz lighthouse, southwestern France, ahead of a working dinner on August 24, 2019, on the first day of the annual G7 Summit. (AFP)

BIARRITZ, France: Iran’s foreign minister paid a visit to a G7 summit in France on Sunday, an unexpected twist to a meeting already troubled by differences between US President Donald Trump and Western allies over a raft of issues, including Iran.
A White House official said France’s invitation to Mohammad Javad Zarif for talks on the sidelines of the gathering in the southwestern beachside town of Biarritz was “a surprise.”
Zarif met his French counterpart to assess what conditions could lead to a de-escalation of tensions between Tehran and Washington, a French official said.
Zarif also saw French President Emmanuel Macron during his brief stay, but the White House official said the Iranian minister did not meet any US officials before he flew out of Biarritz airport.
European leaders have struggled to calm a deepening confrontation between Iran and the United States since Trump pulled his country out of Iran’s internationally brokered 2015 nuclear deal last year and reimposed sanctions on the Iranian economy.
Earlier on Sunday, Trump appeared to brush aside French efforts to mediate with Iran, saying that while he was happy for Paris to reach out to Tehran he would carry on with his own initiatives.
Macron has taken the lead in trying to defuse tensions, fearing that a collapse of the nuclear deal could set the Middle East ablaze. He met Zarif on Friday ahead of the G7 summit to discuss ways of easing the crisis, including reducing some US sanctions or providing Iran with a compensation mechanism.
Iran wants to export a minimum of 700,000 barrels per day of its oil and ideally up to 1.5 million bpd if the West wants to negotiate with Tehran to save the 2015 deal, two Iranian officials and one diplomat told Reuters on Sunday.
However, Trump’s fellow G7 leaders failed on Saturday to persuade the US president to reissue oil sanction waivers that were granted last year to some buyers, but which came to end in May, a European diplomat familiar with the discussion said.
Trump, a turbulent presence at last year’s G7 gathering, insisted on Sunday that he was getting along well with other leaders of a group that also includes Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.
But rifts emerged on issues from his intensifying trade war with China to the nuclear ambitions of both Iran and North Korea, and the question of whether Russian President Vladimir Putin should be readmitted to the group.
Russia was excluded from what used to be the G8 in 2014 after it annexed Ukraine’s Crimea and then backed an anti-Kiev rebellion in the industrial region of Donbas in eastern Ukraine.
A European official who declined to be named said Russia was the thorniest issue discussed over dinner on Saturday.
“(The conversation) became a bit tense over this idea of the G7 being a club of liberal democracies ... that point was clearly not shared by the US president,” the official said.
Trump’s argument was that on a number of issues, like Iran and Syria, it made more sense to have Putin involved in the talks given that Russia is a key player there.
New British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Sunday congratulated Macron for hosting a difficult encounter.
“You’re doing well,” Johnson said on the sidelines of the summit. “You did very well last night, my God, that was a difficult one, you did really, you did really well.”
The G7 gathering is taking place against a backdrop of worries that a global economic downturn could be exacerbated by the escalating tariff war between Washington and Beijing.
Britain’s Johnson voiced concern on Saturday about creeping protectionism and said those who support tariffs “are at risk of incurring the blame for the downturn in the global economy.” Sitting across from Trump on Sunday, he said: “We’re in favor of trade peace on the whole, and dialling it down if we can.”
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte warned other leaders of the dangers of protectionism and urged Washington not to carry through on its threat to impose tariffs on German autos.
However, the White House doubled down on its aggressive stance toward trade with China.
White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham, explaining what Trump meant when he said earlier on Sunday that he had had second thoughts after announcing more tariff raises on Chinese goods last week, said that he simply regretted not hiking them higher.
Looking to broaden the gathering, Macron invited several African leaders to discuss problems facing their continent, while leaders from India, Australia, Chile and Spain joined the group for dinner on Sunday where the focus was on the environment and other issues.
However, senior US officials accused Macron of looking “to fracture the G7” by focusing on “niche issues” rather than major global concerns.
France denied this, pointing to Sunday’s initial session covering the economy, trade and security — areas that used to draw easy consensus but are now sources of great friction.
Trump up-ended last year’s G7 meeting in Canada, walking out early and disassociating himself from the final communique.
Amid the wrangling this time around, some potential positives emerged, with Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe agreeing in principle to core elements of a trade deal.
“It’s billions and billions of dollars. Tremendous for the farmers,” Trump said.
However, the two men appeared at odds over North Korea’s series of short-range missile launches.
Trump, who prizes his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, said the launches did not violate an agreement and were in line with what others were doing. Abe, sitting across from him, said they breached UN resolutions.
At the start of the day, Trump said Britain would have a major trade deal with Washington after it leaves the European Union. Asked what his advice on Brexit was for Johnson, he replied: “He needs no advice, he is the right man for the job.”
While the transatlantic rift is the most stark, there are also deep divisions within the European camp, with Johnson making his G7 debut at a time when he is struggling to persuade EU capitals to renegotiate Britain’s exit from the bloc, which Johnson has said will happen on Oct. 31 come what may.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1545011/middle-east

claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran bargaining with the West: We export 1.5 barrels of oil per day in exchange for negotiations on the nuclear file

Post by claud39 Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:09 pm

[rtl]Iran bargaining with the West: We export 1.5 barrels of oil per day in exchange for negotiations on the nuclear file[/rtl]

2019/08/26

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 5857dc7f7-213125

[rtl]Follow / tomorrow[/rtl]
[rtl]TEHRAN: Iran wants to export at least 700,000 barrels of oil a day and then double that amount as a bargaining chip over the nuclear issue, Iranian official sources said.[/rtl]

[rtl]Iran wants to export at least 700,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil at the start and up to 1.5 million bpd later if the West wants to negotiate with Tehran to save the 2015 nuclear deal, Reuters quoted Iranian officials and a diplomat as saying.[/rtl]
[rtl]"As a gesture of goodwill and a plan to allow negotiations, we have responded to France's proposal. We want to export 700,000 barrels per day of oil and get cash in cash, and this is just the beginning. We must reach 1.5 million barrels per day," a senior Iranian official said.[/rtl]
[rtl]"Iran's ballistic missile program cannot be negotiated and will not happen," a second official said.[/rtl]
[rtl]Officials did not elaborate on the French proposal. French officials could not be reached for comment.[/rtl]
[rtl]An Iranian diplomat said Iran had also ruled out any negotiations on its "right to enrich uranium and the domestic nuclear fuel cycle ... In return we will fully abide by the 2015 nuclear deal."[/rtl]
[rtl]Oil industry sources told Reuters that Iranian oil exports fell in July to 100,000 barrels due to US sanctions imposed on the country since US President Donald Trump withdrew from the nuclear deal last year.[/rtl]

https://www.alghadpress.com/view.php?cat=213125
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Trump and Rouhani meet within weeks to prepare for new US deal with Iran

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 pm

[size=32]Trump and Rouhani meet within weeks to prepare for new US deal with Iran[/size]

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 %D8%AC%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D9%88%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8

PARIS (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday succeeded in making a major breakthrough on Iran's nuclear dossier, saying a new deal on Iran's nuclear activities could include an increase in current controls in return for Tehran's economic incentives.

He said that «US President Trump was very clear that he wants to prolong the period (of controls), and to put more sites under control». 

"On the other hand, we can convince the Iranians to move in this direction if we specifically give them economic compensation," he said, noting that they could be given incentive credit lines. 

During a press conference with his US counterpart Donald Trump, Macron also noted that the latter and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani may meet within weeks.

Macron succeeds in breaching the nuclear file… and controls Tehran in return for economic incentives
He said he had spoken by telephone with Rouhani, who was willing to meet with "any political leader if it was in his country's interest." 

Macron said he told Rouhani that "if he is ready to meet with President Trump, I am convinced that an agreement can be reached, so I hope that in the coming weeks, based on these discussions, we can have a meeting between President Rouhani and President Trump." 

Trump said it was realistic to expect a meeting with Rouhani in the coming weeks. "I think he wants to meet," he said. "I think Iran wants to settle this situation." 

Iran announced that it had sold the oil carried by the tanker, which was seized by the Gibraltar authorities in early July and released after about six weeks, despite US requests to keep it in detention.

Adrian Darya 1, named Grace 1, was detained while crossing Gibraltar on suspicion that it intended to transport oil to Syria in violation of European sanctions. 

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has sold oil and it is now up to the oil owner and buyers to decide (...) where it will be registered," government spokesman Ali Rubaie said. 

Rubaie did not identify the buyer or whether the shipment was made before or after the ship was detained on 4 July. 

On August 15, the Gibraltar High Court allowed the ship to be lifted after Tehran confirmed that the 2.1 million barrels shipment, worth an estimated 126 million euros, would not be sent to Syria. 

Three days later, the ship headed for the eastern Mediterranean, while its final destination remained unknown. Iranian state television quoted Rubaie as saying that "the oil owner will determine" its destination.

The Iranian spokesman confirmed that the sale and supply of this oil will be completed despite the continued monitoring of the tanker. 

He also accused Washington of having threatened some countries not to receive the tanker, and considered that "another proof of US interventions on the international arena." The authorities of Gibraltar refused to detain the tanker again after the Supreme Court decision.

Arab Jerusalem

http://rawabetcenter.com/archives/95010
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Zarif: We only want to sell oil and take its price. The Iranians have lost their jobs

Post by claud39 Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Zarif: We only want to sell oil and take its price. The Iranians have lost their jobs

2019/08/27

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 95466

Baghdad today

Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said on Tuesday his country only wants to be in a position .to sell its oil and take its price 

This came during statements made to the newspaper "Deutsche Zeitung" German, on the .problem of implementation of the nuclear agreement 

He added that the nuclear agreement was based on two pillars, the first use of Iran's nuclear program for peaceful purposes only, and the second normalization of trade relations between .Iran and the international community, especially the parties to the agreement

Zarif pointed out that the International Atomic Energy Agency has announced 15 times, Iran's commitment to the nuclear deal, however, the international community has not worked to .normalize its trade relations with Iran 

Zarif pointed out that the European countries only declared their support for the agreement .at a time when the Iranians lost their jobs 

Earlier, French President Emmanuel Macron submitted proposals to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, who visited Paris, to ease the tension between Tehran and .Washington

Iran signed an agreement on its nuclear program in the summer of 2015, with the five permanent members of the Security Council (the United States, Russia, China, France and Britain) as well as Germany, before US President Donald Trump announced his withdrawal .from his country

https://baghdadtoday.news/news/94330/%D8%B8%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%84%D8%A7-%D9%86%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%89-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Washington: Bahrain, Britain and Australia participate in the protection of freedom of navigation in the Gulf

Post by claud39 Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:25 pm

[size=41]Washington: Bahrain, Britain and Australia participate in the protection of freedom of navigation in the Gulf[/size]
 Thursday 29 August 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 INAF_20190829000219240.jpg?404=d&h=946&w=1446&scale=both&mode=crop&c.focus=faces&c.finalmode=crop&f.threshold=2,4&f

US Defense Secretary [url=https://www.alayam.com/in-the-news/3539492936/%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%83 %D8%A5%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%B1.html]Mark Esper[/url] said Britain , Bahrain and Australia are taking part in protecting freedom of navigation in the Gulf and expect more countries to participate. Esber said Iran and North Korea were continuing their destabilizing activities, denying Washington's pursuit of a conflict with Tehran.
Speaking at a joint press conference with the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Esper said on Wednesday that it was clear with the Turks to choose between the F-35s or the Russian S-400 system and could not be combined. The situation.

He added that the United States was not seeking a military conflict with Iran, but aimed at engaging in diplomatic efforts.
"Our main focus in Iraq is on the fight against ISIS," he said.
For his part, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Danford stressed that Washington is working to provide security and stability in Afghanistan, and not become a haven for terrorists.
Members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee are pressing President Donald Trump to impose sanctions on Turkey for buying a Russian-made S-400 missile defense system, according to Bloomberg.

Source: Washington

https://www.alayam.com/alayam/first/812702/News.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The defense chiefs of the United States and France will discuss military coordination on Saturday to protect Gulf navigation

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 am

[rtl]The defense chiefs of the United States and France will discuss military coordination on Saturday to protect Gulf navigation[/rtl]

2019/09/06

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Be788d314-214586

[rtl]Follow / tomorrow[/rtl]

[rtl]Defense Minister Mark Esper and his French counterpart Florence Barley will discuss on Saturday how the French navy could coordinate with Washington to secure the freedom of the Strait of Hormuz, a US official said on Friday.[/rtl]

[rtl]The official added: "We recognize that France has an interest in participating in efforts to ensure freedom of navigation in the Gulf, and we look forward to finding ways to translate this interest to better coordinate with our initiative," according to "Reuters."[/rtl]

[rtl]He continued: "Washington still believes that the application of sanctions on Iran is important to get it to sit at the negotiating table."[/rtl]

[rtl]The United States and Britain have invited both France and Germany to join the alliance, but the two countries have been more cautious and lagging behind, recognizing the alliance's great challenge to their diplomacy denouncing US sanctions against Iran and Trump's unilateral policy.[/rtl]

[rtl]Tehran and Washington appear to want more skirmishes than confrontations, because the idea of ​​"militarizing" the Strait of Hormuz, over which Iran and Oman share sovereignty, is a serious bet, Iranian Defense Minister Amir Hatami said on August 8, in which he said that "the coalition The military that America is seeking to form, under the pretext of safe shipping, will increase insecurity in the region. "[/rtl]

https://www.alghadpress.com/view.php?cat=214586
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty China is investing $ 280 billion in Iranian sanctions targets

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:59 am

China is investing $ 280 billion in Iranian sanctions targets

06/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 5d722f77d437502c5d8b45fd

Clackamsh Press / Continue

China plans to invest $ 280 billion in Iran's oil, gas and petrochemical sectors hit by US sanctions, Petroleum Economist reported.

The enormous investment is the key point in a new agreement between the two countries, which was confirmed during Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif's visit to China in late August to present a roadmap for the strategic partnership agreement, the energy magazine quoted a senior source with the Iranian Oil Ministry as saying. Comprehensive concluded in 2016.

Beijing also pledged to invest $ 120 billion in Iran's pipeline and industrial infrastructure.

This enormous amount will be paid during the first five years of the Agreement, with additional investments in subsequent similar periods, if both parties agree.

In return, Iran will give Chinese companies the right to participate in tenders for any new, frozen or incomplete projects to develop oil and gas fields, as well as all petrochemical projects, including the provision of technology and personnel to implement these projects.

This includes the deployment of up to 5,000 Chinese security personnel in Iranian territory to secure Chinese projects, as well as involving other cadres and resources in securing oil, gas or petrochemical exports from Iran to China, including across the Gulf, the source said.

The agreement also allows China to acquire oil, gas and petrochemical products at low prices, with the right to delay payment of these prices for two years, in the Chinese national currency yuan or other "easy currencies" Beijing makes profits through its projects in Africa and the former Soviet republics, without resorting to dollar transactions American.

According to the source, all this gives China a total discount of about 32% on all oil, gas and petrochemical products from Iran.

The plan also came in the course of China's "One Belt - One Road" initiative, where Beijing plans to take advantage of the low - cost labor available in Iran to establish factories to be supervised by Chinese giants.

In return, the new agreement allows Tehran to strengthen its partnership with Beijing, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, and raise the level of production in three of its largest oil and gas fields, as well as China's agreement to increase the volume of oil imports from Iran.

A source stressed that the main points of the new agreement will not be published publicly, although it represents a significant shift in the balance of power in the oil and gas sectors in the world.

https://glgamesh.com/archives/101636
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty US State Department looms further isolation of Iran

Post by claud39 Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:11 pm

US State Department looms further isolation of Iran

07/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Db788699-3191-4073-826b-aa5a465083dd_16x9_1200x676

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's announcement to take steps on R&D centrifuges is a clear attempt to gain negotiating capacity and blackmail the international community, a State Department official said on Saturday.

"We have made it clear that isolation of the regime politically and economically will continue if Iran takes additional steps that are worrying about its nuclear program."

Earlier, a senior Iranian official, at a press conference held on Saturday that his country began Friday a new step in reducing its commitments in the Iranian nuclear deal.

A spokesman for the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, Behrooz Kamalundi, also waved to increase the rate of uranium enrichment, saying "Iran has the ability to enrich uranium by more than 20%."

He announced that his country had begun operating sophisticated centrifuges for enriched uranium. “Twenty of the IV4 centrifuges are working,” he said. "In the next two months, 164 i4 centrifuges will be operational," he said.

https://glgamesh.com/archives/102132
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Atomic Energy: Iran is preparing to enrich uranium with advanced devices

Post by claud39 Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:06 am

Atomic Energy: Iran is preparing to enrich uranium with advanced devices

09-09-2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Image

Orbit Agency -
Baghdad

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has begun installing more advanced centrifuges and is moving towards enriching uranium, the International Atomic Energy Agency said on Monday, although this is banned under a nuclear deal.

"All the centrifuges installed for the test have been prepared using uranium hexafluoride (UF6), although none of them were tested on September 7 and 8," the UN agency said in a statement.
Tehran announced on Saturday that it had begun operating advanced centrifuges that would increase its stockpile of enriched uranium, as part of a new reduction of its obligations under the nuclear deal.

http://www.almadarnews.org/index.php?page=article&id=65047
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty IAEA Confirms Iran Has Begun Installing More Advanced Centrifuges to Produce Enriched Uranium

Post by claud39 Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 am

[size=40]IAEA Confirms Iran Has Begun Installing More Advanced Centrifuges to Produce Enriched Uranium[/size]

[size=40] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1076122966
[/size]

Earlier, an Iranian Atomic Energy Organisation spokesman said Iran would be decreasing its commitments to the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) nuclear deal, in retaliation to the breach of the deal by Washington. Tehran maintains that it could still 'reverse' its action if the other parties to the deal fulfil their promises.
Iran has begun installing advanced centrifuges which would allow it to increase the enrichment levels of its uranium stocks, the International Atomic Energy Agency has announced.
In a statement released Monday, the UN nuclear watchdog confirmed that it had been able to verify on September 7 "that the following centrifuges were either installed or being installed...: 22 IR-4, one IR-5, 30 IR-6 and three IR-6s," with "IR" referring to Iran's centrifuge equipment.
Compared to IR-1, the older generation of Iranian centrifuge equipment, the IR-4 is said to be capable of producing enriched uranium five times as fast, while the IR-6 can produce it ten times as fast.
According to the IAEA, the centrifuges were installed at the Natanz nuclear facility, with "all of the installed centrifuges...prepared for testing with UF6 (uranium hexaflouride), although none of them were being tested with UF6 on 7 and 8 September 2019."
"In addition, in a letter to the [IAEA] dated 8 September, Iran informed the Agency that it would reinstall the piping at two R&D lines to accommodate a cascade of 164 IR-4 centrifuges and a cascade of 164 IR-2m centrifuges," the statement noted.
Later Monday, Cornel Feruta, acting head of the IAEA, called on Iran to respond to the watchdog's questions on the state of the country's nuclear programme, saying that in his recent meetings with Iranian officials, he had "stressed" to them "the need for Iran to respond promptly to Agency questions related to the completeness of Iran's safeguards declarations."
"Time is of the essence," Feruta said.
The IAEA's statement follows remarks by Iranian Atomic Energy Organisation spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi late last week in which he confirmed that Tehran will be using more advanced and rapid centrifuges, and said that Iran has the capacity to enrich uranium to 20 percent - the same level the country had been reaching before signing the JCPOA.
On Thursday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini that Tehran remained ready to continue talks with the remaining JCPOA signatories, despite proceeding to the third stage of rolling back its obligations under the deal earlier this month.
Under the terms of the JCPOA, Iran is limited to no more than 660 pounds of uranium with a concentration of U-235 of no more than 3.67 percent. Iran formally breached the terms of the deal in July when it began producing uranium at 5 percent enrichment levels. Tehran has warned that it would continue to reduce its commitments until the other signatories fulfil their promises to help the country overcome the tough banking and energy sanctions imposed on Iran by Washington, which was a party to the treaty until its unilateral withdrawal from it in May 2018.
Iran's enrichment levels remain well below those required for a nuclear weapon. For example, the uranium used in the nuclear bomb the United States dropped on Hiroshima during the Second World War had a U-235 enrichment level of about 80 percent. At present, scientists say 'weapons grade' uranium requires a U-235 concentration of 85-90 percent or above.
Despite the reduction of its commitments under the JCPOA, Iran maintains that it has no intention of pursuing nuclear weapons technology. Last month, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said his country "has never wanted nuclear weapons." Earlier this summer, Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami, a senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard commander known for his firebrand rhetoric against Israel and the United States, nevertheless said that Iran would not pursue nuclear weapons, saying such arms "have no place in Islam," and that "Islam never approves of weapons of mass destruction."

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201909091076757139-iaea-confirms-iran-started-installing-more-advanced-centrifuges-to-produce-enriched-uranium/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Is Iran fueling its proxy wars?

Post by claud39 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:50 pm

[size=32]Is Iran fueling its proxy wars?[/size]

12 Hours Have Passed

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 %D8%AD%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9

When President Trump declares that Iran "has not been the same country for two and a half years," referring to the effectiveness of US sanctions, which almost halt financial flows to the jurist regime, he adds: "We do not deal through another country, but deal directly." He turned the page on the French efforts led by President Macron, which the French say are based on a French concern for peace and the exclusion of war.

But the frustrated French "effort" was based on a refusal to accept that the nuclear deal was in clinical death, offering the possibility of easing sanctions by demanding the export of 700,000 barrels per day, including a $ 15 billion credit line repaid within four months, without an agenda.

It is clear in its points and on specific dates, such as after addressing the nuclear issue, the basic problem of ballistic weapons issues, Iran's regional role, and its responsibility to destabilize the region, these efforts could not succeed because Paris, which bet on the US 'understanding', did not read the nature of the Iranian regime. , And understand the fact , Decision making in Tehran. It is true that Minister Zarif smiles a lot, but it is certain that "everything is related to dialogue with the Americans," says President Rouhani: "It is in the hand of the guide," and as long as the guide believes that he has room to maneuver until the US elections, he will not accept to go to negotiations, and he sticks By making a rupture with the Americans a title for his policy!

Any serious reading of the policy set by the leader in the direction of Iranian blackmail to the West, proceeds from the fact that the nuclear agreement is not affected, because it was based on the sale of goods that did not already have Iran, and does not negotiate ballistic missiles, or regional influence, but Rouhani's contradictory speeches and smiles Zarif useful In the process of buying time and using it to raise the level of enrichment. 

The new stage of going to the production of a new generation of centrifuges is only an assertion to proceed on the path of access to nuclear weapons, which Tehran is betting on producing within a year, and perhaps before the US presidential elections, and of course from an international body that takes the hypocrisy of Iran, which says a fatwa prohibited This weapon !! The existence of a nuclear weapon in the hands of the mullahs regime would change the agenda of dealing with Iran and its ambitions, because it is a cover for the approach of threatening the countries of the region in order to dominate it, and the extension of the Iranian imperial project ...

Washington is aware of what Tehran is seeking, so it is pursuing a sanctions approach. It is not a secret that the Trump administration is seeking to reach the presidential elections. It has succeeded in the Iranian arm without any shot.

It has set the goal of the widening sanctions by denying Tehran access to resources to finance activities. Terrorist, force it to return to negotiations to reach a comprehensive new agreement. Brian Hawk, the US envoy to Iran, expresses the US approach as a commitment to a "maximum pressure campaign without making any exceptions or concessions" - imposing behavior change - which Tehran has read as "regime change" and hitting the regional project.

Because Tehran knows the disastrous consequences of the sanctions on the internal Iranian situation and consequently on its regional influence, and because it is touching the dimensions of the US overthrow of the French initiative, which coincided with a wave of sanctions against entities and names «Lebanese, Iranian and Indian», and alternative companies to smuggle Iranian oil to provide funding to The Quds Force and Hezbollah have become impossible to keep the confrontation under a restrained roof, because neither American policy will change in the near term, nor Iranian policy. 

Only the fronts are heated, although it is likely to be accompanied by declared positions of rejection. Go to free Comprehensive and destructive. But what should not be overlooked is that any Iranian mistake in calculating strategic change, America in the right circumstances could turn the tables even in the presidential election year.

In this context, everything that took place on September 1 on the Lebanese-Israeli front and in Lebanon should be carefully considered
The positions announced by Hassan Nasrallah on breaking the red lines are back, and we must stop before what is going on at the level of the Popular Mobilization, which decided to establish an air command. Iranian Toleration. In the background, there is a real fear in Tehran of the consequences of the intensification of US sanctions. 

The fear of the mullahs' regime is even greater, because all US data are likely to keep President Trump in a second term in the White House.

Our reference goes back to Lebanon, which has become a bottleneck, from which Iran may inflate its proxy wars, with the illusion of the ability to cause a breach that will re-mix the cards, which will further isolate the country, because the fabrication of war with the enemy, has no camel in it and no sentences, will not bring Arab sympathy nor International understanding, and the most obvious evidence, is that the Arab League's support for Lebanon carries a clear warning of the danger that the country could be plunged into a devastating war.

After the Jamal Trust Bank case, there is increasing talk about the involvement of other banks, and it is not counting on the denial of the Association of Banks. As the UNIFIL commander publicly demands that the south of the Litani be disarmed and armed, the PA continues to lack responsibility for the Lebanese and their interests. 

Hariri is content with a statement to the US media (CNBC). Unable to rein in it, we cannot take responsibility for its attacks While the shorter path, popularly supported, whatever the political outcome, requires that these issues be brought to the cabinet, and that unambiguously discuss defense strategy, the millstone of decoding. The link between the state and Hezbollah's external agenda.

Middle east

http://rawabetcenter.com/archives/95791
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty US Treasury: We will impose sanctions on any Iraqi party dealing with the Revolutionary Guards

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm

[size=35]US Treasury: We will impose sanctions on any Iraqi party dealing with the Revolutionary Guards[/size]

2019-09-13

[size=35] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Doc-P-318237-637039846952332680
[/size]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The US Treasury said on Friday it would impose sanctions on any Iraqi body dealing with the Revolutionary Guards.

The channel "Al Arabiya" quoted the Treasury as saying, "Iraqis are victims of their positions adjacent to Iran," indicating: "We will impose sanctions on any Iraqi party dealing with the Revolutionary Guards."

"We consider the purchase of Iranian oil as a financing for terrorism," she said, adding that she would "continue the policy of economic pressure on Iran and Hezbollah."

The US Treasury said, "Corruption in Iran is very large, and we consider Iran a terrorist state."

"They have told Europe that their dealings with Iran are hurting their trade with us," she said.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/318237/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B3%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B1%D8%B6-%D8%B9%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%8A-%D8%AC%D9%87%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty European countries: concerned about the actions of Iran, which violates its commitments to the nuclear deal

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm

[size=35]European countries: concerned about the actions of Iran, which violates its commitments to the nuclear deal[/size]

2019-09-13

[size=35] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Doc-P-318238-637039849931913580
[/size]

PARIS (Reuters) - France, Britain, Germany and Brussels on Friday expressed "deep" concern over Iranian statements and actions that they said were in violation of Tehran's obligations under the nuclear deal, while calling on them to cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

"Iran has installed or is installing advanced centrifuges at the Natanz nuclear facility. We are concerned about this activity," the four European powers said in a joint statement, the first after the IAEA reported on Iran on Monday.

The European countries called on Iran to "abide by the nuclear agreement and retreat from its activities which undermine its obligations under the agreement", as well as "refrain from any further steps" in the way of uranium enrichment, calling on Tehran to "cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Agency on all related issues." .

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/318238/%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A3%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%82%D9%84%D9%82%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%8A-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%AA%D9%87%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B2%D8%A7
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The White House confirms Trump's desire to meet Rouhani

Post by claud39 Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:55 pm

The White House confirms Trump's desire to meet Rouhani

15/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 7201917103454514

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Sunday that US President Donald Trump was willing to meet his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani, despite Washington's accusation that Tehran was involved in attacks on Saudi Aramco oil facilities.
The Anatolia news agency quoted the White House as saying that Trump "is considering a spiritual meeting in New York during the meetings of the United Nations General Assembly next week."
During the past few days, the US President indicated his desire to meet Rouhani, while different circles in Iran expressed their refusal to hold the meeting at a time when the United States impose significant sanctions on the country.
Saturday's attacks targeted two major oil facilities in the Abqaiq and Khurais areas, setting them on fire, before reports revealed that the two plants produced much of the kingdom's oil and that crude production and export operations had been disrupted.
After the Saudi announcement of the attacks, the Yemeni Houthi group claimed responsibility, explaining that they were carried out by 10 drones "after careful intelligence and pre-monitoring."
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iran for the attacks, saying there was "no evidence that they originated from Yemen."
In turn, Tehran denied, and Foreign Ministry spokesman, Abbas Moussavi, that the Americans "followed the policy of maximum pressure against Iran, and turned because of their failures to adopt the maximum lie."

https://glgamesh.com/archives/105444
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Washington imposes sanctions on Iran's central bank

Post by claud39 Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:03 pm

[size=36]Washington imposes sanctions on Iran's central bank[/size]

20/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 142092019_49336067_303

BAGHDAD balances News

US President Donald Trump announced on Friday, imposing sanctions on Iran 's central bank.
Trump said last Wednesday that a new package of sanctions on Iran would be announced, describing the new sanctions against Iran as "influential", adding that his view of this country has not changed.
The US president said that there is no war with Iran as "there are many options for action."
He continued: "Our decision not to strike Iran before is proof of our strength," and stressed that the United States is now "in a very strong position."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=65693
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Zarif: The banking ban reflects the failure of the policy of extreme pressure

Post by claud39 Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:07 pm

[size=30]Zarif: The banking ban reflects the failure of the policy of extreme pressure[/size]

21/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Thumbnail.php?file=156907687321230800_412226963

[rtl]Al-Ahd News- Continue[/rtl]

[rtl]TEHRAN: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said yesterday that the US embargo against the Central Bank of Iran was a reflection of the US administration's bankruptcy and the failure of its policy of extreme pressure against Iran.[/rtl]
[rtl]"The recent US embargo against the Central Bank of Iran indicates:[/rtl]
[rtl]- The administration's inability and the failure of the policy of "extreme pressures"[/rtl]
[rtl]- Preventing the Central Bank from financing the supply of food and medicine to our people[/rtl]
[rtl]- Team B fears that the United States will return to the negotiating table[/rtl]
[rtl]- and his attempts to drag Donald Trump into war. "[/rtl]
[rtl]The US Treasury, ordered by US President Donald Trump on Friday, listed the Central Bank of Iran and the National Development Fund of the Islamic Republic of Iran on its ban list, alleging that the two centers were involved in supporting terrorism.[/rtl]

[rtl]http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/180117.html
[/rtl]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty US President: significant sanctions on the Iranian central after the Aramco attack

Post by claud39 Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm

US President: significant sanctions on the Iranian central after the Aramco attack

24 September 2019 05:43 PM

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 640

RIYADH - US President Donald Trump has said that his country has imposed significant sanctions on Iran's central bank after the Aramco attack.

In his speech to the UN General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump said Iran was one of the first countries to sponsor terrorism in the world and should be prevented from acquiring nuclear weapons.

He continued: "We must prevent Iran's destabilizing behavior and we will work to tighten sanctions on Tehran . "

The US president said Tehran was funding conflicts inside Syria and Yemen, and the Iranian regime launched attacks in various places.

"The repressive regime in Iran rejects peace and is one of the biggest threats we face today among the first countries that support terrorism."

"America is the biggest power in the world and I hope we don't have to use it," Trump said.

"It's time for Iran's leaders to stop threatening their neighbors . "

"We seek harmony and peace around the world, not wars without end," he said.

It came under Saudi Aramco, a terrorist attack on Saturday , 14 September 2019 led to the decline in crude oil supplies by about 5.7 million barrels, representing almost 50 percent of the company 's production before returning to normal after two days of the incident; according to previous statements by the Saudi energy minister , Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman .

The Saudi cabinet said on Tuesday that the international community had a heavy responsibility to put an end to Iran's disruptive acts and policies.

The Council of Ministers pointed out that the sabotage attack on the oil facilities in Abqaiq and Khurais, and the use of Iranian weapons in it is a threat to international peace and security, and unjustified aggression on energy supplies to world markets strongly condemned the international community.

Nominations:

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3535033/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%83%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%B2%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D9%87%D8%AC%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%A3%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%83%D9%88
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iranian ambassador in Baghdad threatens to target US forces in Iraq

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:56 am

[size=48]Iranian ambassador in Baghdad threatens to target US forces in Iraq[/size]
19 MINUTES AGO

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 4793439_3013-1696-21-222

Iran's ambassador to Iraq, Erj Masjedi, has threatened to target US forces if his country is attacked by Washington, stressing that the war is not in the interest of Iran and the United States, but his country will "respond strongly to any aggression and open defense options."

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's ambassador to Baghdad threatened on Friday to target US forces in Iraq if his country is attacked by Washington.
This came during a television interview with the local channel Tigris.
"The Islamic Republic does not want war with the Americans or anyone else," he said, adding that "war is not in the interest of the United States and Iran."
"The Americans always say that the military option is on the table, and in return we have never talked about any military solution, and our position is defensive."
The Iranian ambassador in Iraq that "Iran in the event of a military attack from the United States, will respond strongly and bombing the US presence in Iraq or anywhere else."
He stressed that the exit of US forces from Iraq or any point in the region "is necessary", pointing out that their presence is what causes escalation and instability in the region.
https://www.trtarabi.com/now/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D9%8A%D9%87%D8%AF-%D8%AF-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%87%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-21093
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The Washington Post reveals details of a "tense" meeting between the "angry" Mahdi and Fayyad

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:10 pm

The Washington Post reveals details of a "tense" meeting between the "angry" Mahdi and Fayyad

2019/09/27

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 66feb405-c8b3-47ba-a22b-3c5bf73a36b6_16x9_1200x676

Rising tensions between the United States and Iran have raised the prospect that Iraq will once again become a battleground on which the two powers are battling and a cradle of attacks on US forces and their allies in the region, according to The Washington Post.

However, recent developments suggest that the Iraqi government is trying to "cut" the wings of Iranian-allied militias operating in Iraq, and in return Tehran wants its Middle East proxies to intensify pressure on US interests, the Washington Post reported.

Iraqi officials worry that their country will get involved in the conflict, with fears mounting after the attack on two oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.

Iraqi officials were embarrassed when the attack reportedly came not from Iranian-backed Houthi militias in Yemen, but from Iraqi territory, according to Western lawmakers and officials.

The CNN network quoted an informed source as saying the drone attack took off from Iraq, not Yemen. But Iraq then officially denied all the news.

"The prime minister (Adel Abdul Mahdi) was very angry," said one lawmaker, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The news was followed by a "tense" meeting between Abdul Mahdi and Faleh al-Fayyad, head of the Popular Mobilization Commission, according to a number of people familiar with the meeting, quoted by the American newspaper.

A ticking time bomb
and said one of those that Abdul Mahdi al - Fayad , called attention about these developments, and asked him firmly to solve the problem of security and re - evading crowd into the hands of the state.

Another Iraqi official pointed out that the situation is very sensitive, and address it will be important, because the crowd has become a time bomb, and the Prime Minister must deal with it, but it depends on the flood and the way to deal with different factions.

After US officials blamed Iran for the attack, both US and Iraqi officials appeared relatively confident this time that Iraq was not the source of the attack.

"Notice the confidence. The prime minister immediately issued a statement denying that the attack came from Iraq, where he was sure this time," said an Iraqi parliamentarian quoted by the newspaper.

The Saudi Defense Ministry has announced that the attack on the Aramco facilities in Abqaiq and Hijrah Khurais started from the north with Iranian support. Ministry spokesman Turki al-Maliki offered evidence of Iran's involvement in the attack, which has become an international consensus that Tehran is behind it.

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%AA-%D8%AA%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%81-%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B5%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D9%85%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%AA%D8%B1-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%BA%D8%A7%D8%B6%D8%A8-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Mosques embarrass Baghdad .. If Washington targets Iran, we will respond in Iraq

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Mosques embarrass Baghdad .. If Washington targets Iran, we will respond in Iraq
Friday 27 September 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 %D8%B3%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B7%D9%86%D9%8A

Baghdad - Writings

A statement that puts Iraq in extreme embarrassment that was launched by the Iranian ambassador in Baghdad, Erj Mosjedi, when he threatened to target American positions in Iraq.

The Iranian ambassador said that his country would respond strongly to the United States if it targeted any military operation, but the response would be to target American bases in Iraq and elsewhere.

"If Washington launches a military strike against Iran, the first response from Iran will hit its positions in Iraq and elsewhere," he said.

The Iranian ambassador stepped up his rhetoric against the United States by saying that Iran is not kidding its intention to respond to any military aggression and that the Americans are well aware of this, he said.

https://kitabat.com/news/%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%AC-%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A5%D8%B0%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%81%D8%AA-%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%A5%D9%8A/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Trump rejects Iranian offer to lift sanctions in exchange for negotiations

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Trump rejects Iranian offer to lift sanctions in exchange for negotiations

27/09/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 102951-771367680

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump said on Thursday he had rejected an Iranian offer to lift sanctions in exchange for bilateral talks, in contrast to Rouhani's statement after returning from New York.
“Iran wanted to lift the sanctions against them in preparation for a meeting,” Trump said in a tweet on Twitter. I told them of course, no. ”

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Friday he had received letters from leaders of Germany, Britain and France on bilateral negotiations between him and US President Donald Trump, and that Washington had offered to lift all sanctions against Tehran in exchange for talks.

"The German chancellor, the British prime minister and the president of France were in New York and they all insisted on holding this meeting, and the United States says it will lift the sanctions," Rowhani told reporters after returning from the UN General Assembly.

"US officials have openly stated that they are ready to remove all sanctions," he said.
"The sanctions that will be lifted will be under discussion and they have clearly said that they will lift all sanctions," Rowhani said.

"But this step has not taken place in an acceptable manner, which means that in the climate of sanctions and their continuation and the poisonous atmosphere of the policy of extreme pressure, even if we want to negotiate with the Americans in the framework of five plus one, it is not possible to predict the final outcome of these negotiations."

US President Donald Trump announced his country's withdrawal from the 2015 P5 + 1 nuclear deal with Iran and announced a package of sanctions on Iran.

Iran, in turn, retaliated by lowering its commitment to the terms of the deal, which provided for a relaxation of sanctions in exchange for restrictions on its nuclear program.

Trump wants an agreement that further reduces Iran's nuclear program, restricts its ballistic missile work, and ends its support for proxy forces in the Middle East.

https://glgamesh.com/archives/110472
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran: We are working on manufacturing three new destroyers

Post by claud39 Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 pm

[size=30]Iran: We are working on manufacturing three new destroyers[/size]

27/09/2019 11:01 PM

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Thumbnail.php?file=3b6f7d9dbc9351f0_933218425

Iranian naval force and the Ministry of Defense and the Armed Forces are working to build three new destroyers, Iran's deputy military commander in charge of coordinating affairs Admiral Habibollah Sayari said.
In a statement on Friday, Admiral Sayyari referred to the production line of warships in the Islamic Republic of Iran and said that work is underway to manufacture three new destroyers, namely, "DNA" and "Shiraz" and "Taftan" in the naval force of the army and maritime industries in the Ministry of Defense. And support the armed forces.
He pointed to the achievements of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the field of manufacturing weapons, adding that there are at present in the country production lines of advanced weapons such as missiles, fighter planes, warships, submarines and tanks.
He pointed to Iran's achievements in the field of submarines, adding that today as well as the light class submarine "Ghadir" there are submarines of the category of semi-heavy and fully national "Fatih" which is now in the production line intensive.
He explained that the Fateh submarine is not the same as any other submarine in the world, adding that the subsequent models of the national submarine "Fateh" will be much more sophisticated than unveiled.

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/181679.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Maliki calls for cooperation with Iran

Post by claud39 Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 am

[size=36][rtl]Maliki calls for cooperation with Iran[/rtl][/size]

Monday 30 September 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Alsabaah-19809

Baghdad / morning

Head of the coalition of the rule of law Nuri al-Maliki, on Sunday, the cooperation of Iraq and Iran
With neighboring countries to restore stability in the Middle East, while a senior Iranian official stressed his country's unwillingness that Iraq be a battleground between Iran and other countries.

According to a statement issued by his office, received "morning", a copy of it, that al-Maliki "received the Assistant Foreign Minister of Iran for political affairs
 Hossein Jaberi Ansari in the presence of Iranian Ambassador to Iraq Iraj Masjedi, indicating that it "took place
 During the meeting, they discussed developments in political and security positions on the regional and international arenas. They also discussed the future of bilateral relations between the two neighboring countries.

Al-Maliki said, "The region faces major crises that require action to overcome them, by working to consolidate peaceful solutions, away from the language of escalation." He called the president of the coalition of state law to "the need for the cooperation of Iraq and Iran with neighboring countries to restore stability to the Middle East." For his part, Ansari praised "the role of Iraq and its importance in the rapprochement among the countries of the region," stressing "his country's unwillingness to be a battleground between Iran and other countries."

http://alsabaah.iq/14613/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D8%A5%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%85%D8%B9-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Press release

Post by claud39 Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 am

[size=34]Press release[/size]

04/10/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 IMG_6558

Press release

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Baghdad and informed the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Abdul Karim Hashim Mustafa, the Iranian Ambassador to the absolute rejection of the latter's statement in an earlier statement on the targeting of international coalition forces operating in Iraq, which is working at the request of the Iraqi government, and in coordination with it, Consulting for Iraqi forces. 

The Undersecretary also stressed that Baghdad will not allow it to be an arena of international conflicts, or to be a corridor or headquarters for any attack that harms neighboring countries or friends of Iraq from the countries of the region and the world. 

The Foreign Ministry refused to attack the two diplomats who were on an official mission at the Iraqi Consulate General in the holy city of Mashhad, and called on the Iranian security authorities to investigate the circumstances of the incident and take the necessary measures to reduce the frequency of attacks on Iraqi citizens linked to the Islamic Republic. 

Iran has distinguished fraternal, historical and fateful relations. At the same time, Iraq is keen to maintain balanced and stable relations with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Information Office / Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Baghdad
2/10/2019

https://www.mofa.gov.iq/2019/10/?p=4805
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Pompeo praises new measures against Iran's financial activities

Post by claud39 Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:12 pm

[size=40]Pompeo praises new measures against Iran's financial activities[/size]

October 30, 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 2A0CAB53-58E3-41B5-B504-7D86A8386C59_cx0_cy10_cw0_w1023_r1_s

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday praised the steps taken by the Financial Action Task Force to protect the international financial system from Iranian threats by reimposing countermeasures on Tehran for failing to meet international standards to combat terrorist financing and money laundering.
"Iran has demonstrated a deliberate failure to address systemic deficiencies in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing, ensuring a deliberate lack of transparency in its economy so that it can continue to export terrorism," Pompeo said in a statement.

"The IRGC continues to engage in large-scale and illegal plans to finance its malicious activities," he said. "This includes support for terrorist groups classified by the United States, such as Hezbollah and Hamas," he said. He stressed that "the facilitation of plans for illicit financing of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is taking place at the highest levels of the Iranian government."
The Terrorist Financing Targeting Center, made up of the United States and six Gulf states, has designated a network of companies, banks and individuals supporting the activities of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Lebanese Hezbollah as terrorist groups, coinciding with the recent visit of US Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin to the region.
A statement from the US Treasury Department said that the seven members of the center decided to designate "25 targeted names for belonging to the Iranian regime's networks supporting terrorism in the region," in a move that is the largest of the center so far.
21 target entities represent a huge business network that provides financial support to the Basij, a paramilitary force of the IRGC, "which the regime used to recruit and train fighters, deploy fighters to fight in IRGC conflicts, and carry out terrorist attacks throughout the region." , According to the statement.
The remaining four targets are Hezbollah-affiliated individuals in charge of Hezbollah's coordination, intelligence, and financial activities in Iraq: Shebl Mohsen Obeid al-Zaidi, Yousef Hashim, Adnan Hussein Kawtharani, and Mohammed Abdel-Hadi Farhat.

https://www.alhurra.com/a/%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%88-%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%AC%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%B6%D8%AF-%D8%A3%D9%86%D8%B4%D8%B7%D8%A9-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9/518304.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Jahangiri: Iran has passed the difficult economic stage

Post by claud39 Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 pm

[ltr]Jahangiri: Iran has passed the difficult economic stage[/ltr]

2019/11/13

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Story_img_5dcc531346de4

Iran's First Vice President Ishaq Jahangiri said his country "despite the conspiracies of enemies but managed to overcome the serious economic stage; adding that many restrictions were removed from the country today."

"The Americans were claiming that through the embargo they were able to raise serious tensions in the country," Jahangiri said at the opening ceremony of the second phase of the Milad Smart Hospital in the city of Oromiyeh in the northwestern province of Azerbaijan. Steadfastness and cohesion, along with the efforts of officials to miss the opportunity for those to achieve their goals. "

"The policy of fomenting tensions on the part of the Americans will definitely not last; the people are on the verge of a promising future and bright days," he said.

[ltr]https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=218703[/ltr]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The regime is reeling because of the US sanctions .. "Iran" resort to collect taxes to fill the deficit of its new budget!

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:00 pm

The regime is reeling because of the US sanctions .. "Iran" resort to collect taxes to fill the deficit of its new budget!
Thursday, November 14, 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 74892382_2141647359465548_8580611789958414336_n

As the Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani, acknowledged the deterioration of the economy, Iran's Mehr News Agency reported that the share of “crude oil” in Iran's next year's budget, which begins on March 21, 2020, has fallen to zero.

Its report coincided with a closed-door session in the Iranian parliament held yesterday, where deputies discussed ways to reduce the dependence of the state budget on oil revenues.

Iran 's income from the sale of crude oil has fallen dramatically under US sanctions, forcing the government of President Hassan Rouhani to look for other sources of income to draft next year's budget.

At the same time, the agency reported that Iran's oil revenues are to be allocated to public service projects, along with reviewing all government expenditures and reducing them to the minimum amount possible, as solutions to address the economic deterioration.

US sanctions have made managing the country difficult

The Iranian president has acknowledged in a speech, yesterday, that the situation of his country "difficult and complex than any era ago," acknowledging that: "US sanctions on Iranian oil exports; made the management of the country's affairs very difficult."

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 20191113113422297EL-e1573736902386

Rouhani suggested that the budget deficit and the shortage in the state treasury should be compensated by increasing taxes on companies and citizens, although protests and strikes have continued in various forms since last year in most Iranian provinces due to deteriorating economic and living conditions.

Rouhani said that the country depends on the proceeds of "oil"; under the embargo there is a budget deficit, explaining that "oil" was 450 thousand billion tomans, it was the budget that comes from "oil", but next year we will have 150 thousand billion tomans Only a shortage of 300 thousand billion tomans.

Iranian oil sales have always been reported to have fallen even more than during the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, with America threatening to whistle if the Iranian regime continues its aggressive behavior.

The "Heshmatullah Falah Bisha," a member of the Iranian parliament, has recently said that exports of "oil" fell to less than 140 thousand barrels per day.

Resorting to taxes as an alternative ..

While the parliament session behind the doors on next year's budget, which is not the first secret meeting, tried to find new sources of revenue to replace the revenues of "oil", according to the agency (Mehr).

The next year's budget should be based on taxes, the sale of state bonds and the privatization of state-owned companies, said Asadullah Abbasi, spokesman for the Presidency.

The Deputy Chairman of the Organization of Planning and Budget in Iran, "Hamid Pour Mohammadi," said earlier; that the government budget of about $ 40 billion for the current fiscal year; is based on the sale of 300 thousand barrels of "oil" daily.

Pourmohammadi reported on July 26 that the adoption of several budget reforms paved the way for the government to reduce its dependence on oil revenues.

Companies owned by "Khamenei" and the Revolutionary Guard ..

Many State-owned enterprises and institutions with direct links to the Office of the Supreme Leader or the Revolutionary Guards conduct financial transactions for themselves and have secret budgets, which do not fall within the Government's general budget.

There is also a budget to support Iran 's agents, agents and militias in the region, which are also not included in the official budget.

Intentionally disable “Instex” ..

At the same time, a news report by the BBC, the BBC, highlighted the scenes of the disruption of the activation of the European financial mechanism, known as (Instex), which came into force last June.

Through this alternative financial mechanism, Iran had hoped to circumvent the US sanctions imposed on it since the summer of last year, but it seems that its ambitions will not resonate on the ground for good.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards militia stand in the way of activating the alternative mechanism promised by Tehran by the European trio (Britain, France and Germany) because of the withdrawal, ”the commission said in a Persian version. The United States “from the Iranian Nuclear Agreement, May 2018, and reinstated sanctions on Iran, in August, November of the same year.

The report pointed out that the Revolutionary Guards militia prevented the vote to approve domestic legislation allowing Iran to join the International Financial Working Group, or FATF, which is specialized in combating money laundering and financing terrorist organizations.

London, Paris and Berlin require Iran to join FATF first before the Instex mechanism starts, while fundamentalists within the Iranian regime believe Tehran's accession to the International Financial Action Task Force will hinder its funding of its militias in the region.

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1d555853-a49f-4473-9e1d-490ee34e5194_16x9_1200x676-e1573736934971

You won't be able to get past the sanctions.

Observers of the Iranian issue that the European mechanism will not be able to bypass the sanctions "Washington" imposed on "Iran", although it allows the (mechanism), companies in "Europe" conditional trade with "Tehran".

The "barter system" is the most important condition for trade between Iran and the Europeans, meaning that sales of "crude oil" in return for "Tehran" will receive only medicine and food, not liquid cash flows.

The Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the global anti-money-laundering watchdog, Iran, has given a deadline in February 2020 to comply and implement countermeasures.

The spokesman for the Rouhani government, "Ali Rabiei," said last October, that the failure to adopt laws relating to (VATF) will lead to the closure of the entire Iranian economy.

It is noteworthy that the "Expediency Council", which is controlled by fundamentalists and is competent to consider the laws of the Iranian parliament, has been discussing these legislation for almost a year with little progress in this regard.

Iran's spending on its proxies

In another report, Iran spends generously on its overseas agents, especially in Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria, to Yemen, but in turn ignores the needs of its people, who suffer from a deteriorating health system, a severe environmental crisis and depletion of water resources. in the country.

In Syria alone, Iran has spent more than $ 15 billion and lost more than 2,300 troops in its quest to support the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

Lebanon's Hezbollah receives more than $ 830 million a year, and Hamas receives about $ 360 million a year. Iraqi militias loyal to Tehran get up to $ 1 billion. In Yemen, the Houthis may receive up to $ 30 million a month from Tehran.

In recent years, Iranian protesters shouted: "Leave Syria and think about us" and "Leave Gaza, leave Lebanon and work for Iran."

The report points to the clerical regime's attempt to deceive the Iranian people, and justify the obstacles that prevent spending on social sectors in their country, or reform the infrastructure, to fight Zionism and address global arrogance.

Political activist Caroline Glick points out that economic sanctions, as part of President Donald Trump's "extreme pressure" campaign, have cut Iran's military budget, forcing Iraqis and Lebanese to loot public funds and blackmail citizens to finance their operations.

The Iranian regime appears to be taking the unrest in Iraq and Lebanon seriously, accusing Iran's supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, the United States, and some neighboring Arab countries of being behind the unrest in Iraq and Lebanon. ”.

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 613439c9-7481-4847-9339-42a09526aa54_16x9_1200x676-e1573736961507

https://kitabat.com/news/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%AD-%D8%A8%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran announces a 300% increase in gasoline prices for those above 60 liters a month

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Iran announces a 300% increase in gasoline prices for those above 60 liters a month

2019/11/15 

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 5dcdce354c59b764eb1d04c4

The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) has announced a 50% increase in gasoline prices to 60 liters per month and 300% for those who exceed the monthly quota.

The decision to raise the price of gasoline, starting on Friday, came late on Thursday, despite previous assurances by Iran's Oil Minister, Bijan Namdar Zanganeh, not to share quotas or raise prices.

Mohammad Baqer Nubakht, head of Iran's Planning and Budgeting Organization, said the decision to raise gasoline prices was approved by the Supreme Council for Economic Coordination, made up of the heads of the three powers: executive Hassan Rouhani, legislative Ali Larijani and judiciary Ibrahim Raisi.

"In recent years, we have seen an increase in gasoline consumption and we hope to control consumption after raising prices and setting a quota for each citizen. The financial revenue from the decision will go to support 18 million families with more than 60 million people in need of financial assistance," the official said.

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%B5%D9%80%D8%A7%D8%AF/%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%86-%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B9-%D8%A3%D8%B3%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%B2%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A8%D8%A9-300-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B2-%D8%AD%D8%B5%D8%A9-60-%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%B1/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran's Supreme Economic Council decides to implement a plan to ration and raise gasoline prices in full and successfully

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am

[size=35]Iran's Supreme Economic Council decides to implement a plan to ration and raise gasoline prices in full and successfully[/size]

2019-11-16

[size=35] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Doc-P-325150-637095034013924335
[/size]

The three Iranian authorities stressed during the meeting of the Supreme Economic Council the need for cooperation between them to implement a plan to rationing and raise the prices of gasoline, calling on all institutions to work to implement them fully and successfully.

The agency said, "Russia today," The three Iranian authorities stress during the meeting of the Supreme Economic Council the need for cooperation between them to implement a plan to rationing and raise the price of gasoline and calls on all organs and institutions of the country to work to implement them fully and successfully.

"The authorities emphasize that the plan's goal is to create social justice for 60 million low-income Iranians; fight against fuel smuggling, reduce corruption; and manage fuel consumption," she said.

She added, "Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani calls at the meeting all government agencies to cooperate to make the plan a success."

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/325150/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%8A%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%B1-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%AE%D8%B7%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Renewed demonstrations in Iran against the rise in fuel prices

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:09 am

[size=35]Renewed demonstrations in Iran against the rise in fuel prices[/size]

2019-11-16

[size=35] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Doc-P-325119-637094843272118330
[/size]

Tehran - Protests broke out in Mashhad, Ahvaz, Sirjan and other cities on Friday against the Iranian government's decision to raise fuel prices, the official IRNA news agency reported.

According to our correspondent that the protests in the city of Sirjan were the most severe, during which the protesters tried to attack and set fire to oil depots, but police prevented it.

On Saturday, motorists protested high fuel prices, shutting down their engines and blocking the Kamarbandi road to the industrial city of Shiraz in southern Iran.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/325119/%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%AF%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B9-%D8%A3%D8%B3%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Washington imposes sanctions on Iran's telecommunications minister for cutting Internet

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:37 pm

[size=41]Washington imposes sanctions on Iran's telecommunications minister for cutting Internet[/size]

2019-11-22

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 2XbFSk5Q

The US Treasury Department imposed new sanctions on Friday on Iran's Minister of Communications and Information Technology Mohammad Javad Azri Jahrami for his role in cutting off large-scale Internet services in the country where unprecedented protests are taking place.

Internet services were almost completely cut late last week amid unprecedented protests in the country over the Iranian government's announcement of increased fuel prices.

"Internet access in Iran was banned for several days in November based on what Iranian authorities describe as national security concerns in the wake of anti-regime protests across the country," according to the US Treasury Department's statement.

"The recent Internet ban followed similar patterns in 2017 and 2018," the statement said, adding that Iran's Communications Minister, a former employee of Iran's Ministry of Intelligence, had developed a "repressive Iranian censorship policy on the Internet since taking office in mid-2017." , Pointing out that the Iranian Minister of Communications, "participated in the surveillance against opposition activists."

“Iran's leaders know that free and open Internet reveals their legitimacy, so they seek to monitor Internet access to suppress anti-regime protests,” Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin said. “We are punishing Iran's ICT minister for restricting access to the Internet, including applications A common correspondent that helps tens of millions of Iranians stay in touch with each other and the outside world. ”

https://yesiraq.com/%d9%88%d8%a7%d8%b4%d9%86%d8%b7%d9%86-%d8%aa%d9%81%d8%b1%d8%b6-%d8%b9%d9%82%d9%88%d8%a8%d8%a7%d8%aa-%d8%b9%d9%84%d9%89-%d9%88%d8%b2%d9%8a%d8%b1-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a7%d8%aa%d8%b5%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a7%d8%aa/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Mike Pompeo: Our response will be decisive for Iran if our interests are harmed

Post by claud39 Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:48 am

[size=32]Mike Pompeo: Our response will be decisive for Iran if our interests are harmed[/size]

2019-12-14 12:54:06

[size=32] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Ey-1024x543
[/size]

Washington-East December 14: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has promised Iran a decisive response if US interests are harmed in Iraq after a series of missile attacks on military bases.

Pompeo said in a statement that Iran should be reminded that any attacks on their side or their representatives of any identity are harmful to the Americans or the allies and interests of the United States and will be answered decisively, and stressed the need for Iran to respect the sovereignty of its neighbors and to immediately stop supporting third parties in Iraq and throughout the region. 

This warning comes after attacks since the twenty-eighth of October targeted military bases housing American soldiers or American diplomatic missions in Iraq.

https://www.alsharqiya.com/news/75644441/%d9%85%d8%a7%d9%8a%d9%83-%d8%a8%d9%88%d9%85%d8%a8%d9%8a%d9%88-%d8%b3%d9%8a%d9%83%d9%88%d9%86-%d8%b1%d8%af%d9%86%d8%a7-%d8%ad%d8%a7%d8%b3%d9%85%d8%a7-%d8%b9%d9%84%d9%89-%d8%a7%d9%8a%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%86/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty American report: "Deterrence Force" is the best way to deal with Iran

Post by claud39 Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:05 am

[size=42]American report: "Deterrence Force" is the best way to deal with Iran[/size]

17:10 14.12.2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1041150989

Recently, senior US officials warned that Iran could be prepared to launch new attacks in the Middle East as part of its campaign to undermine the Trump administration's maximum pressure policy.

In this context, a report of the Washington Institute for Near East Studies indicated that "defending every high-value target in the region is impossible."

Because of this, the report said, "deterrence will remain the best way to prevent new attacks, stop further escalation, and protect US interests in the Gulf. Therefore, new deployments of forces should be supported by other measures to strengthen deterrence."
The report pointed out that the facilities used by the American forces in Iraq have been subjected to an increasing number of missile attacks, including nine in the past five weeks alone.
He said that although no Americans have been killed in these attacks, the increase in fire and Iranian reported missile movement to Iraq are potential indicators of deadly attacks targeting American personnel, or even the repetition of aggressive drones and guided missiles at oil installations. Saudi Arabia on September 14.

As a result, it is reported that Washington is considering sending between 4,000 and 7,000 additional troops to the region, over the 14,000 soldiers who have been sent there since May.
"The maximum pressure policy pursued by Washington requires the utmost deterrence," the report said. " The severe economic pressures resulting from efforts to stop Iranian oil exports entirely have prompted Tehran to launch a military attack, and it is likely to do so again."
He added, "But instead of the US contribution to preventing similar attacks, President Trump's actions and actions have often undermined American deterrence - from his repeated pledge to end US involvement in" endless wars "in the region, and to his partially fulfilled statements that All American forces will be withdrawn from Syria. "
"These steps may have led Tehran to conclude that the US President lacks the will to fight a battle, and that she can at the very least target the US allies with impunity. Thus, when Iran targeted four US allies' carriers with sea mines on May 12," the report continued. May and two others On June 13, the lack of any US military response apparently increased the regime's boldness, and may have prompted him to shoot down a US Global Hawk drone on June 20.
"President Trump's permission to launch limited cyber attacks in response to the shooting down of the plane, further confirmed his desire to avoid military action . Likewise, his subsequent tweets seem to reinforce the impression that Tehran can attack America's allies freely."
On June 24, he noted, “other countries ... must protect their own ships” in the Gulf, and after one day, he wrote that the attack on “anything American” would be faced with “overwhelming force.” And after less than three Months, the main Iranian strike came with drones / missiles on Saudi oil facilities. "

Accordingly, the report said, "the main challenge to US deterrence is credibility, not capacity. To deter additional attacks, American rules of engagement must allow force to be used to protect allies."

He added: "It is believed that the naval rules of engagement of the countries participating in the" International Alliance for the Protection and Protection of Maritime Navigation "allow this, but Washington should further confirm its commitment to possible military responses against attacks in all related areas - the sea, air, land and cyberspace. This includes making Tehran understands that the damage it will suffer in any future exchanges will be much worse than the damage it causes.
He added: "Washington has generally chosen deterrence by denying its confrontations with Iran , in an attempt to persuade the regime that it will thwart any attacks that it will try to carry out - that is, sea mines will be removed, strikes on commercial ships will be thwarted, terrorist plots will be disrupted, and missiles and drones will be intercepted." This approach allows Tehran to pre-assess the risks and costs it will likely incur to achieve its goals, which could cause it to reduce the ceiling of its attacks. "
“Therefore, Washington should allow the use of deterrence by imposing sanctions as well, such as threatening assets already valued by Tehran and acting in unpredictable ways that make it difficult for regime leaders to calibrate risks. Otherwise, Iran will continue to test The coalition’s defenses are without paying any price. However, it is not clear whether the current US rules of engagement allow such an approach to be taken - and if it permits it, whether this matter was transferred to Iran. ”
"It may sometimes be possible to deter Iran by alerting an imminent Iranian military operation , if that would limit the chances of its success. However, when US officials warned of an imminent Iranian attack in May, these announcements were accompanied by Deploying new American forces, which did not prevent Tehran from launching attacks on oil tankers in May and June. "

The report said, “It is also unlikely that public disclosure of evidence of the Iranian regime’s role in ostensibly“ deniable ”steps, that is, future attacks. In the end, Iran often leaves hints about its role in the attacks. Mines used to disrupt the operations of a convoy led by American during the Iran-Iraq war often bore Iranian marks, which is for weapons transferred to pro-Iranian proxies in Iraq (after 2003) and Yemen (after 2015). Likewise, it often includes written computer codes for malware used in cyberattacks Iranian, suck Persian Talhat. "

He added, “Thus, while Iran generally prefers the advantages of surprise and the ability to deny, the absence of either will not necessarily deter it. However, disclosure of Tehran’s role is still beneficial because it can help shape international opinion and persuade other countries to help countermeasures that By the United States. "
The American report saw its mother if the mass protests resumed and intensified inside Iran, the regime might carry out military strikes against the United States out of a sense of despair and weakness.
He added that there is also a possibility that the continuing tensions between the Iranian regime and Israel may cause the confluence of the two tracks of the separate American and Israeli conflicts with Iran, especially if a strike in Iraq attributed to Israel causes a large number of casualties there. Such an outcome would be less likely if the United States strengthened its deterrent position.

The report concluded by emphasizing that "experience shows that once Tehran chooses a strategic direction , it will often be difficult to deviate from this path; however, it will often retreat when faced with a severe response, so that it renews its challenge in the place and time of others."

https://arabic.sputniknews.com/arab_world/201912141043729313-%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%B9-%D9%87%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%82%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%81%D8%B6%D9%84-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%84-%D9%85%D8%B9-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The US Treasury imposes sanctions on Iranian judges

Post by claud39 Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 am

[size=36]The US Treasury imposes sanctions on Iranian judges[/size]

19/12/2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1519122019_74987987

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The US Treasury announced today, Thursday, the imposition of new sanctions on Tehran, including two judges from the Revolutionary Court in Tehran.

The US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, announced in early December this year to impose sanctions against an Iranian air carrier.

The US Treasury Department is working from time to time to impose economic sanctions that extend to related entities of Iran. End / 29 BC

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=77990
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran describes Pompeo as an arrogance horn after sanctions against two judges

Post by claud39 Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:00 pm

[rtl]Iran describes Pompeo as an arrogance horn after sanctions against two judges[/rtl]

December 20, 2019

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 60777

Tehran time:

he described the Iranian Foreign Ministry Friday US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as « trumpet arrogance deception and abuse » , arguing that the foreign policy of the United States « futile and imaginary » .

On Thursday, Washington imposed sanctions on two Iranian judges after accusing them of " silencing " the Iranians ' vote and the death penalty for many « political prisoners » .  One of these two judges, Abu al-Qasim Salwati, was sentenced, in particular, to ten years in prison for an American, Xu Wang, on charges espionage before being released at the beginning of the first Canon / December after three years he spent in prison The framework of an exchange process between Iran and the United States. 

Pompeo said at the announcement of the sanctions in a speech in Washington « We are happy to release Xu but what He should have been convicted or imprisoned initially ” He added that this judge who heads a branch of the Revolutionary Court in Tehran « suppression tool supervised by the system And not a neutral friend of justice ” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said that« Such methods will not be useful Tjdehm » , stressing that Pompeo « does not rise to the level of any Minister of Foreign Affairs in the world and his position in this arena » .

He added that « foreign ministers usually call for peace, reconciliation, dialogue and respect while Mr. Pompeo is trumpet arrogance, deception and humiliation and abuse » .

The actions taken by Washington on Thursday , which is the latest in a series of US sanctions imposed since May / May year The past in the context of a dispute focused on Iran's nuclear program, a ban targeting the oil sector, which is an end the importance of Washington and aims to reduce its sales to zero as part of its campaign to exercise « maximum pressure » On Tehran.

https://www.azzaman.com/%d8%a7%d9%8a%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%86-%d8%aa%d8%b5%d9%81-%d8%a8%d9%88%d9%85%d8%a8%d9%8a%d9%88-%d8%a8%d8%a8%d9%88%d9%82-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%ba%d8%b7%d8%b1%d8%b3%d8%a9-%d8%a8%d8%b9%d8%af-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%d9%82/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Brian Hook: Sanctions on Iran are very effective and the regime is facing a major banking crisis

Post by claud39 Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 am

Brian Hook: Sanctions on Iran are very effective and the regime is facing a major banking crisis

16 Hours ago

Washington - Follow Up on “Liberation Yards”

In a press conference today, US special envoy to Iran Brian Hook said that the regime in Tehran continues to suppress demonstrators and US sanctions on Iran are very effective and have affected the economic situation, stressing "the Iranian regime is facing a major banking crisis."

He explained that "the American administration placed a senior Iranian commander in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards on the sanctions list," noting that "the senior commander in the Revolutionary Guards who was included in the sanctions list is Hassan Shahrboor for his role in suppressing the demonstrations."

He explained that "Iran lost about 200 billion dollars as a result of the US sanctions and the Iranian regime is managing the economic crisis in a bad way after the most severe US sanctions," stressing, "We will continue the sanctions policy to pressure the Iranian regime."

Hook said, "The Iranian regime has begun to rig the upcoming elections from now."

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 %D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%87%D9%88%D9%83-1

The Iranian regime is facing internal protests because of the economic situation and corruption, "Hook said." We have received more than 88,000 information and video images from Iran for a massacre by the regime, "through the hotline established by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo two months ago to help the Iranians.

Hook stressed that Iran is suffering from a budget preparation crisis due to oil losses that exceeded $ 200 billion, after the United States withdrew from the nuclear agreement and applied more pressure and sanctions on Iran.
He announced that the United States imposed sanctions on a leader of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, in the latest US action against Iran.

Hook stressed that the United States would not allow Iran to possess a nuclear weapon, and said it "does not need to enrich uranium" if it is to obtain clean energy.

Tehran has announced the reduction of its obligations in the signed nuclear agreement with the major powers after the killing of the Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in an American strike near Baghdad International Airport on the third of this month.

Hook welcomed the Europeans' activation of the mechanism to resolve the nuclear dispute with Iran, and said it could lead to "activating the United Nations sanctions" against Tehran, noting that Tehran violated the Security Council resolutions regarding uranium enrichment five times.

He said that the policy of American pressure on Iran will increase to strangle its economy and prevent it from providing financing to its proxies, especially the Lebanese Hezbollah, which Britain imposed sanctions on Friday, which included for the first time the politician's apartment.

Under the pressure of pressure against Tehran, Hook predicted the escalation of popular protests in Iran in 2020, saying that "the (Iranian) regime faces a problem with its legitimacy," and the US envoy expected the escalation of protests in Iraq and Lebanon.

http://altahreernews.com/10977/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Brian Hook: Soleimani's death creates a vacuum that the Iranian regime will not be able to fill

Post by claud39 Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:11 pm

[size=30]Brian Hook: Soleimani's death creates a vacuum that the Iranian regime will not be able to fill[/size]

He told Al-Sharq Al-Awsat that his country condemns Tehran by its actions, not by Zarif's statements

January 22, 2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 2020-01-14T210629Z_109299140_RC2XFE9Y9W3W_RTRMADP_3_IRAN-NUCLEAR-HOOK

Davos: Naglaa Habriri

The US envoy to Iran, Brian Hook, said on the sidelines of the work of the World Economic Forum that the death of Qassem Soleimani, the former commander of the "Jerusalem Corps" in the Iranian "Revolutionary Guard", who was targeted by Washington with a military operation in Baghdad a few weeks ago, "creates a vacuum that will not The Iranian regime can fill it. ”

In an exclusive interview for Asharq Al-Awsat, Hook added that his country has neutralized "the most dangerous terrorist in the world from the battlefield." As a result, the region will become safer, because Soleimani was the (gum) that brings Iran's agents to the region. ” He also pointed to the "broad support that the defensive work we have done to protect US diplomats and soldiers, and to prevent a massive and imminent attack that Soleimani was planning on US diplomats and soldiers in the region."

In addition, Hook stressed the need for the Security Council to move to renew the arms embargo to Iran, which ends under the nuclear agreement in October. He also said that his country rules the Iranian regime with its actions, not with what Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says.

The full text of the interview will be published in As-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper tomorrow.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/2094821/%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%86-%D9%87%D9%88%D9%83-%D9%85%D9%88%D8%AA-%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%82-%D9%81%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%BA%D8%A7%D9%8B-%D9%84%D9%86-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%85%D9%83%D9%91%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%84%D8%A6%D9%87
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty U.S. will not lift sanctions to negotiate with Iran: Trump

Post by claud39 Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 am

[size=34]U.S. will not lift sanctions to negotiate with Iran: Trump[/size]

Jan 26, 2020

[size=34] Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 LYNXMPEG0P08E_L
[/size]

DUBAI (Reuters) - The United States will not lift sanctions on Iran in order to negotiate, U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted late on Saturday, seemingly in response to a Der Spiegel interview with Iran's foreign minister.
"Iranian Foreign Minister says Iran wants to negotiate with The United States, but wants sanctions removed. @FoxNews @OANN No Thanks!" Trump tweeted in English on Saturday and later in Farsi.
Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded on Sunday by tweeting an excerpt from the interview with Der Spiegel published on Friday, where he said Iran is still open to negotiations with America if sanctions are lifted.
"@realdonaldtrump is better advised to base his foreign policy comments & decisions on facts, rather than @FoxNews headlines or his Farsi translators," Zarif said in the tweet with the interview excerpt.
Tensions between Iran and the United States have reached the highest levels in decades after the U.S. killed top Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in a drone strike in Baghdad on Jan. 3, prompting Iran to fire missiles days later at bases in Iraq where U.S. troops are stationed. 
Tensions between the two have been increasing steadily since Trump pulled the United States out of Iran's nuclear pact with world powers in 2018 and reimposed sanctions that have driven down Iran's oil exports and hammered its economy.

https://www.investing.com/news/world-news/us-will-not-lift-sanctions-to-negotiate-with-iran-trump-2067849
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Expert: America adopts the maximum pressure strategy to eliminate Iran

Post by claud39 Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Expert: America adopts the maximum pressure strategy to eliminate Iran

28-01-2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Image

Baghdad / news

Strategic expert, Bassel Hussein, emphasized that the United States of America will eliminate Iran militarily, diplomatically and economically.

Hussein told Al-Ikhbaria that the US strategy towards Iran is based on the principle of "maximum pressure" represented by the military, economic and diplomatic.

He explained that "military deterrence will be through the deployment of more forces, and to show the United States' resolve to respond to any serious threat to its interests, and the killing of Soleimani was one of the most important messages of deterrence."

He added that "the economic sanctions that America will establish will aim to stifle Iran and make its economy weak and feeble, while creating a repressive Iranian popular climate."

He explained that "diplomatic isolation will be through continuous pressure on its allies on the one hand and pressure on Iran, who committed to commit more mistakes that increase its isolation."

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=208028
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty United States to extend waiver for Iraq to import Iranian energy

Post by claud39 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 am

[size=47]United States to extend waiver for Iraq to import Iranian energy[/size]

FEBRUARY 10, 2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1

BAGHDAD - The United States has agreed to extend a waiver for Iraq to import Iranian energy supplies, including gas, two Iraqi government officials said on Monday.

Washington has repeatedly extended the exemption for Baghdad to use crucial Iranian energy supplies for its power grid, for periods of 90 or 120 days. One of the officials said this latest extension would last 120 days.The extension was agreed because Iraq had shown it was taking steps towards becoming more self-reliant for its energy needs, one of the officials said, and less dependent on Iran, whose energy sector is under harsh US sanctions.

"The waiver will be renewed because Iraq has undertaken important steps in investing in Iraqi gas," one of the officials said. He said the recent Iraqi government approval of contracts to develop gas fields in the country's east was a key factor.

"This is considered good as far as the US is concerned," the official said.

A spokesman for the electricity ministry said consultations were ongoing over the extension, and its potential time frame.

The US State Department last extended the waiver allowing Iraq to import gas and electricity from Iran in October for a period of 120 days, meaning it is up for extension again this week.

Washington has insisted that oil-rich Iraq, OPEC's second-largest producer, move towards energy self-sufficiency as a condition for its exemption for importing Iranian energy.

[url=https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/United-States-to-extend-waiver-for-Iraq-to-import-Iranian-energy-617100]https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/United-States-to-extend-waiver-for-Iraq-to-import-Iranian-energy-617100
[/url]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Trump administration willing to extend Iran sanctions: report

Post by claud39 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 am

[size=54]Trump administration willing to extend Iran sanctions: report[/size]

02/10/20 

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Iraq_army_03182008

The Trump administration has expressed openness to extending sanctions waivers allowing Iraq to import Iranian electricity and gas, Iraqi officials reportedly said.
An existing waiver granted to Iraq is set to expire on Thursday. Three unidentified Iraqi officials told The Associated Press that the State Department has signaled that it is prepared to extend it another three months if Baghdad can develop a timeline by the end of the week for transitioning off Iranian gas imports.
“The American side has announced to us their readiness,” one of the three officials told the AP. All three are senior Iraqi government ministers, one of whom is close to the ongoing negotiations.
The negotiations come just over a month after a U.S. airstrike killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad, prompting the Iraqi parliament to vote to expel U.S. troops in a nonbinding measure. The U.S. has said it will not comply with the vote and President Trump has threatened to impose sanctions on Iraq if U.S. troops are expelled.
The State Department has granted the waiver to Iraq every time it has come up since November 2018, when it first re-imposed sanctions on Tehran. Iraq is heavily reliant on Iran for energy, particularly in the wake of damage to its own oilfields during the Islamic State’s expansion in 2014, the AP noted.
"No final decision has been made on whether to cancel or renew the waiver for Iraq to pay for electricity imports,” a State Department spokesperson told The Hill.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/482280-trump-administration-willing-to-extend-iran
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Washington gives Baghdad a new exception to the sanctions on Tehran

Post by claud39 Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 am

Washington gives Baghdad a new exception to the sanctions on Tehran

11/02/2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 19018

Economy News - Baghdad

Three Iraqi officials revealed this week that the United States hinted that it intends to extend Iraq’s exemption from the sanctions imposed on Iran to enable the country to continue its vital gas and electricity imports from Iran, a move that could serve as a fundamental test for relations between Baghdad and Washington.

This decision comes amid tension in US-Iraqi relations following the air strike carried out by Washington last month in Baghdad at Baghdad International Airport, which killed the Iranian Quds Force Commander Qassem Soleimani and Deputy Commander of the Popular Mobilization in Iraq, Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis.

The previous exception granted in October is scheduled to end on February 13. The three officials said that the US State Department that issues the exceptions has hinted its willingness to extend the exception for another three months, if Iraq is able to formulate a timetable by the end of the week, detailing a plan through which it can wean itself from dependence on Iranian gas.

One of the three officials said, "The American side told us of their readiness." Officials who have made their comments to the Associated Press occupy senior positions in the Iraqi government, including those familiar with the ongoing negotiations with the Americans on this matter, but they requested that their names not be revealed.

Iraqi officials said that this new exception would be a test of relations between Washington and Baghdad after the escalation of tensions that followed a US plane attack on January 3 on a convoy near Baghdad airport that killed the Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and the deputy commander of the popular crowd, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. Since that time, Shiite political leaders have moved toward issuing a non-binding parliamentary resolution calling on the government to pressure to remove US forces from the country.

And Iraq still relies heavily on natural gas imported from Iran to meet the increasing demands on electricity, especially during the scorching summer months when imports from electricity constitute a third of the energy consumed. Late payments from Baghdad to the costs of gas and electricity imported from Iran have caused cuts in recent years. In the summer of 2018, this was one of the factors that led to confusing protests for stability in Basra Governorate.

The American exception enables Iraq to avoid sanctions at a time when it pays Iran billions of dollars in exchange for the imported gas and electric energy. The exception has been given successively since November 2018 when the Trump administration reimposed economic sanctions on Iran.

Washington has used the threat of sanctions as an incentive to push the Iraqi government to construct internal energy supplies and reduce its dependence on Iran. Iraq is currently resorting to burning huge quantities of gas because of its lack of infrastructure to collect and process this gas. Iraq also has two gas fields in the provinces of Anbar and Diyala, but efforts to develop them have been hampered and retreated after ISIS took control of the areas in the summer of 2014.

The threat of sanctions places Iraqi officials in front of a difficult choice: either to put an end to a vital source of electrical energy or to be denied access to hard currency from the United States. Iraq has billions of dollars in oil revenues deposited with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Where oil revenues constitute 90% of the state budget.

According to a statement of the Council of Ministers on January 23, the Iraqi Council of Ministers moved last January to calm the conditions of Washington by renewing the exemption from sanctions, by approving six oil contracts awarded by the Ministry of Oil in April 2018 that would enhance supplies Local gas within two years.

The contracts "were passed as part of a government effort to boost energy self-sufficiency and reduce dependence on imported gas," the statement said.

The statement added that the caretaker government has approved the contracts, which will include fields that are able to produce more than 750 million standard cubic feet of gas per day within 36 months.
"We expect to sign the contract soon," said one of the oil industry officials among the three companies that were awarded the contracts.

About: The Associated Press

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=19013
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Bennett: US agreed to counter Iran in Iraq while Israel fights it in Syria

Post by claud39 Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 pm

Bennett: US agreed to counter Iran in Iraq while Israel fights it in Syria

Monday، 10 February 2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 2202010174621443640977
Jerusalem and Washington have divided up the fight against Iran, with Israel taking responsibility for countering the Islamic Republic in Syria and the United States in Iraq, Defense Minister Naftali Bennett said Saturday.
Last Thursday, Bennett returned from a working visit to Washington, in which he met US Defense Secretary Mark Esper and other senior American officials.

Speaking at a campaign event on Saturday, he said the two countries had agreed to work in tandem to block Tehran’s efforts to create a corridor through which it could move men and materiel from Iran, through Iraq and Syria, and out to Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea.

“I met with my colleague the American defense minister Mark Esper, and we sorted out the coordination exactly — they’re taking Iraq, and we’re taking Syria,” Bennett said at a synagogue in the Tel Aviv suburb of Givat Shmuel.
A Pentagon spokesperson said he could not comment on the matter, but said, “the United States Department of Defense remains committed to a strong military partnership with Israel, as well as the enduring defeat of [Islamic State] in Iraq.”
In his speech, Bennett confirmed that Israel had conducted strikes against Iran in Syria in the past week, apparently referring to an attack on Iranian-linked sites in the predawn hours of last Thursday morning.

“We have significantly intensified, including this week, with very strong attacks against Iran, against the Iranian presence, against Iranian bases, against Iranian surface-to-air missiles, against Iranian fighters, against Iranian militias in Syria and more and more and more, and look at how we’re turning their strength into weakness,” he said.
Israel has said it will not tolerate permanent Iranian military presence in Syria and has conducted hundreds of airstrikes in the country against Iranian targets in recent years, though generally Israeli officials have refrained from acknowledging specific airstrikes, as Bennett appears to have done.

Israeli intelligence has long warned that Iran was working to establish its land corridor as a tool toward regional hegemony, using it to arm and strengthen the proxy militias under its control.

“It’s like a contiguous puzzle — Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon. Imagine a water pipe, only the water is rockets and terrorism. If you take out a piece of the pipe, then you’ve broken up the contiguity and it dries up,” Bennett said.
Bennett, the leader of the hardline right-wing religious Yamina party, who was appointed defense minister some three months ago, laid out his proposed strategy to address the threat posed by Tehran, saying his aim was to expel Iranian forces from Syria within a year and to turn Syria into the Islamic Republic’s “Vietnam,” a reference to the disastrous American war in the east Asian country.
“That territory called Syria — we have intelligence superiority and aerial superiority there,” he said. “It’s a bad place for Iran to be.”

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/46010/Bennett-US-agreed-to-counter-Iran-in-Iraq-while-Israel-fights-it-in-Syria
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty The Senate discusses restricting Trump's powers to wage war on Iran

Post by claud39 Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 pm

The Senate discusses restricting Trump's powers to wage war on Iran

[size=13]2 hours ago[/size]

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1-1320445

[size=17]On Wednesday, the US Senate began discussing a draft resolution that would limit President Donald Trump's powers to wage war on Iran.[/size]
A vote on the war powers' mandate is expected to be voted on Thursday, amid fears that Trump could enter an open military confrontation with Iran without consulting Congress.

Although the US President will use the veto against the decision if it is passed, he warned the Senate, earlier Wednesday, that he must vote against him and not limit his options regarding his policy.

"It is very important for our country's security that the Senate not vote in favor of the (war powers) resolution regarding Iran," Trump wrote on Twitter.

President Trump added, "We are doing a very good job with Iran , and this is not the time to show weakness (...) If my hands are tied, this will give Iran a chance at our expense, and it will send a bad signal. The Democrats are doing this only in an attempt to embarrass the Republican Party." According to France Press.

And last January, the Democratic-controlled US House of Representatives passed its own version of this law, after Trump gave the order to kill Iranian General Qassem Soleimani and the subsequent Iranian retaliatory missile attacks on US bases in Iraq, which raised fears of a war.

Democratic Senator Tim Caen said that this draft resolution aims to prevent unilateral warfare.

"Congress must reaffirm our constitutional role in war and peace issues," Caen was quoted as saying by AFP.

https://www.skynewsarabia.com/world/1320446-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D9%8A%D9%88%D8%AE-%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%B4-%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8-%D8%A8%D8%B4%D9%86-%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%95%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Pompeo says Iran must accede to international financial regulations

Post by claud39 Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Pompeo says Iran must accede to international financial regulations

13 February 2020
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1202014124927200405595
U.S. Secretary of State,[url=https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/t/29917/Mike Pompeo] Mike Pompeo [/url]has once again urged the Islamic Republic of Iran to ratify the conditions set by Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and respect international laws and regulations against financing terrorism and money laundering.

In a tweet on Wednesday, February 12,[url=https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/t/29917/Mike Pompeo] Mike Pompeo [/url]affirmed, "It is past time for Iran to live up to its commitment to play by the global rules to combat money laundering and terror financing. Iran must ratify the Palermo Convention and Terrorist Financing Convention now."

Almost all countries have adopted the FATF standards, and Iran should not be treated as an exception, Pompeo has maintained.

FATF, the Paris-based global financial watchdog issued a four-month deadline in mid-October, giving Tehran a last and final chance to comply with international anti-money laundering rules by February 21, 2020.

The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) a G-7 supported international watchdog based in Paris, in 2017 demanded Iran to reform its legal system and banking practices by following international conventions, in order to become eligible for unrestricted international banking relations. FATF has put Iran on its blacklist, pending legal reforms by Tehran.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/46059/Pompeo-says-Iran-must-accede-to-international-financial-regulations
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty US Navy intercepts 'Iranian weapons' bound for Houthis

Post by claud39 Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

US Navy intercepts 'Iranian weapons' bound for Houthis

Friday، 14 February 2020
 Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 2202014131837614900593
The[url=https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/t/17123/US Navy] US Navy [/url]has intercepted a shipment of Iranian-made and designed weapons bound for the Houthi rebels in Yemen, the US Central Command announced on Thursday.

Centcom said the operation occurred on Sunday, February 9, The National reported.

The USS Normandy, while conducting maritime security operations in the Arabian Sea, “boarded a dhow vessel in accordance with international law and discovered a large cache of weapons”.

It said the weapons seized included "150 Dehlavieh anti-tank guided missiles” and “other weapons components seized aboard the dhow were of Iranian design and manufacture".

They included “Iranian surface-to-air missiles, Iranian thermal imaging weapon scopes, and Iranian components for unmanned aerial and surface vessels, as well as other munitions and advanced weapons parts".

The Yemeni military and independent observers have noted that the Houthis have been more sophisticated and deadlier weapons in recent attacks.

A report released by the data firm IHS Markit on Thursday said the rebels were increasingly relying on drones to carry out attacks after a marked improvement in their unmanned aerial vehicle technology.

"No other known non-state armed group across the Mena region and beyond has demonstrated the same level of UAV technological sophistication," the company said in a report.

“The Houthis' rapid adoption and improvement of this technology, almost certainly with Iranian assistance, is a strong indicator that Iran can transfer similar capabilities to some Shiite militias in Iraq and to Hezbollah in Lebanon,” it said.

A report by a UN panel of experts this month noted the technical similarities between weapons seized en route to the rebels and those manufactured in Iran. The Houthis last year intensified aerial attacks on Saudi Arabia using two new weapon systems – a new type of Delta-design drone and a new land attack cruise missile model, the panel said.

IHS Markit said 68 per cent of known Houthi attacks between January and October were conducted using drones and 32 per cent with ballistic missiles.

The UN Security Council has imposed since April 2015 an embargo aimed at blocking weapons to military groups in Yemen.

At least four times since then, the[url=https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/t/17123/US Navy] US Navy [/url]has intercepted weapons it says were heading to the Houthi rebels.

The previous seizure on November 25 included "sophisticated weapons, sophisticated components of anti-ship cruise missiles, land-attack cruise missiles, air-defence missiles, and anti-tank missiles", the US Special Envoy for Iran Brian Hook said.

"The weapon components comprise the most sophisticated weapons seized by the[url=https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/t/17123/US Navy] US Navy [/url]to date during the Yemen conflict," Mr Hook told a press briefing a day after the seizure.

Military commanders in Yemen told The National this month that the rebels were suddenly using much more lethal weaponry after four years in which their firepower had weakened.

These include multi-barrel machineguns with larger calibre, more advanced Grad rockets and more destructive bombs, according to Col Abdul Basit Al Baher, army spokesman in the southern city of Taez.

Rebel snipers had also improved their ability to target government forces. “Their snipers shoot at night and within 2,000 to 2,500 metres," he said.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/46069/US-Navy-intercepts-Iranian-weapons-bound-for-Houthis
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Pompeo yells at Abdel Mahdi: You must forget the issue of renewing the exemption from Iranian sanctions

Post by claud39 Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Pompeo yells at Abdel Mahdi: You must forget the issue of renewing the exemption from Iranian sanctions

16-02-2020 

Baghdad / news

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper revealed on Sunday that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo shouted at the outgoing Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi and told him to forget the issue of exclusion from Iranian sanctions in the event of repeated attacks on American headquarters in Iraq.

An Iraqi official said in a statement quoted by the newspaper that "US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo" shouted "at the resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi during a phone call last month."

The official explained: "He told him to forget the issue of renewing the exception if the attacks continued."

She added that, "in an additional indication of the decline in relations between Washington and Baghdad, Pompeo did not meet Iraqi Foreign Minister Muhammad al-Hakim on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference yesterday and Friday, but he met in return with the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan region Masrour Barzani, who also met with the US Energy and Defense Ministers."

The newspaper continued, "The United States is also upset by the Iraqi slowdown in signing contracts with major American companies specialized in the energy sector, with the aim of accelerating the disengagement from Iran in this field."

And weeks before the end of the last exception period, a US official reported that the Iraqis, according to the newspaper, "have consistently rejected agreements with General Electric and Exxon."

And he considered that Iraqi officials "choose to rely on the Iranians, giving Tehran an influential position in their economy and infrastructure."

The newspaper emphasized that "sources in Baghdad and Washington announced a split in American policy, where the White House appears to support the strategy of increasing pressure on Iraq, while others prefer to adopt flexibility, as the sources said that the hawks in the US administration have become in" dominant "positions, while he said An Iraqi official said that these people are now using financial transactions to "bully" their relationship with Iraqis.

And indicated that "the Iraqi Central Bank, monthly transfers between one billion and two billion dollars in cash from his account in the Federal Reserve in New York, where his revenues from oil flow, to pay for official and commercial transactions. But the payment that was supposed to arrive in the middle of last month, was delayed. For two weeks, according to an Iraqi official and a source in the oil sector, noting political reasons behind the White House’s decision to delay allowing the money out, the Iraqi official said: “We are walking on the edge of the knife.”

https://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=209192
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Congress: A draft resolution urging Washington and Tehran to return to the nuclear agreement

Post by claud39 Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:02 pm

[size=40]Congress: A draft resolution urging Washington and Tehran to return to the nuclear agreement[/size]
February 20, 2020

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 0C7AB021-C85A-4D8A-A1D3-0BF163826FD9_cx0_cy10_cw0_w1023_r1_s

Six Democrats in the US Senate submitted a draft resolution, on Wednesday, urging the United States and Iran to return to their obligations under the nuclear agreement.
The project sponsors, including potential Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, considered the nuclear agreement to be effective in curbing Iran's ability to develop a nuclear weapon and the best opportunity to achieve peace after decades of conflict.
The sponsors added that President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the agreement increases tensions and the opportunities for increased nuclear proliferation.
The draft resolution is known as "Iran's diplomacy legislation" and it sets a clear and coherent plan to deal with Tehran and reduce tension in the region and sets the course for the return to the 2015 agreement, to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
In May 2018, US President Donald Trump announced his country’s withdrawal from the nuclear agreement that the six major powers (the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany) concluded with Iran in 2015, and reimposed sanctions on Tehran, noting that the agreement does not It prevents Iran's destabilizing activity in the region.
At the beginning of last January, it announced a fifth and final step to reduce its obligations within the nuclear agreement, explaining that it had lifted all restrictions on its nuclear operations, including those related to uranium enrichment, two days after the assassination of Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Quds Force in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, An American raid near Baghdad airport.

https://www.alhurra.com/a/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%86%D8%BA%D8%B1%D8%B3-%D9%85%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%B9-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D9%8A%D8%AD%D8%AB-%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D9%88%D8%B7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D9%88%D9%8A/534654.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty A "final decision" to prevent Trump from launching a war against Iran

Post by claud39 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:02 pm

A "final decision" to prevent Trump from launching a war against Iran

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1-1327609

On Wednesday, the US Congress gave its final approval to a decision limiting the power of US President Donald Trump to take military action against Iran.

The House of Representatives joined the Senate in approving 227 votes to 186, which prevents Trump from taking any military action against Iran before it is put to a vote in Congress .

But Trump will surely use his right to veto this decision, and Democratic lawmakers allied to a handful of Republicans skeptical of the viability of military solutions will not be able to annul the president's veto because they lack the required votes.

Congress voted on the resolution just minutes after the killing of two American, British and American contractors in a missile attack, on Wednesday evening, on the Taji base that houses American soldiers north of Baghdad, which is the deadliest attack against American interests in Iraq in years.

A previous missile attack in December killed an American contractor in Iraq and caused an escalation after Washington held Shi'ite militias responsible.

On January 3, Trump endorsed a US raid in Baghdad targeting the killing of the Iranian general, the Quds Force Commander, Qassem Soleimani, which escalated tensions between Washington and Tehran, which responded with missile strikes on Iraqi bases sheltering American forces.

Representatives who voted in favor of the resolution said that they wanted to ensure that Congress has the authority to declare wars, as stipulated in the US Constitution.

"There are a lot of countries in the world where the decision is made by one person, and these countries are called dictatorships," said Democratic Representative Steny Hoyer.

"The Founding Fathers never wanted to run America's dictators," he added.

https://www.skynewsarabia.com/world/1327610-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%94%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B9-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8-%D8%B4%D9%86-%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D8%B6%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%95%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty US sanctions against 20 personalities and entities, and the extension of allowing Iraq to import energy from Iran

Post by claud39 Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 am

US sanctions against 20 personalities and entities, and the extension of allowing Iraq to import energy from Iran

2 hours ago

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 1922320194783_Untitled-1%20copy

The US State Department revealed the inclusion of twenty figures and entities on the sanctions list, while extending the deadline for Iraq to import energy from Iran.

According to the "text" of a statement posted on the ministry's website, the United States announced the inclusion of twenty personalities and entities who violate Iraqi sovereignty and are exploiting the Iraqi economy to transfer funds to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps.

The statement added, these people help provide the financial support that enables the Iranian Revolutionary Guards to transfer deadly aid to Iranian-backed groups such as the Hezbollah Brigades and the League of the Righteous and to engage in malicious acts and activities that undermine the efforts of the Iraqi government towards energy independence.

The State Department statement added that the entities and personalities listed today are working for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in Iraq’s reliance on Iranian electricity imports under the waiver of the sanctions issued by the United States.

Adding, Iraq is allowed to enter into financial transactions related to the import of electricity from Iran and the purpose of this concession renewed by the United States today is to meet the immediate energy needs of the Iraqi people.

The statement pointed out that the inclusion of these personalities and entities today confirms that the United States will not tolerate the exploitation of the malicious Iranian parties for the transactions under which the sanctions are waived, and we will continue to focus on punishing those who exploit these concessions in favor of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard or other listed terrorist groups, adding Iraq is rich in natural resources and has the ability to reduce its dependence on Iranian energy, for the sake of Iraq’s security and the welfare of its people.

The statement indicated, the United States is working regularly with the Iraqi government on energy security, and we support measures that reduce the dependence of Iraqi energy on Iran and we look forward to a speedy solution to the process of forming the Iraqi government and work with a government committed to achieving the security that the Iraqi people deserve.

https://www.almirbad.com/detail/47180
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 Empty Iran and US preparing for new round of conflict in Iraq

Post by claud39 Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:43 am

[size=47]Iran and US preparing for new round of conflict in Iraq[/size]

MARCH 28, 2020

The US-led Coalition has been repositioning forces in the last weeks, handing over several key posts, and training of Iraqi forces is temporarily wrapping up.

Ministry of Oil: Any measure to increase oil production will not be monolithic - Page 4 391431

Reports indicate that Iran, the US and Iranian proxies are all preparing for a conflict in Iraq after a year of rising tensions, rocket attacks and airstrikes.

The US-led Coalition has been repositioning forces in the last weeks, handing over several key posts, and the training of Iraqi forces is temporarily wrapping up. Several European powers that contributed to the Coalition seem to be bringing forces home due to the pandemic.

What is left in Iraq amid the tensions look like two boxers in the ring waiting to see what happens next.

The New York Times reported over the weekend that the Pentagon had drawn up “secret plans to escalate combat in Iraq against Iranian-backed militia.”

But the plan is no longer “secret” and it turns out that commanders may have opposed the concept. Some want a showdown with Iran.

Since last May tensions grew between the US and Iran in the Middle East. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had warned at the time about Iranian plans against the US in Iraq.

Iran’s role in Iraq is complex and multi-layered, but it mainly consists of Iranian-backed militias called the Popular Mobilization Units. These units are part of the security forces and are called the Hashd al-Shaabi.

They also have political parties, such as the Fatah Alliance and often have their own theological underpinning with figures like Asaib Ahl al-Haq’s Qais Khazali leading them. They are usually rooted in the Islamic  Revolutionary Guard Corps, where  their leaders, like Hadi al-Amiri of the Badr Organization, served in the 1980s  alongside Iran.

The US assassinated Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy of the PMU and head of Kataib Hezbollah in January. He was involved in rocket attacks throughout 2019 against US forces on bases in Iraq. US State Department assistant secretary for Near Eastern Affairs David Schenker warned Iran against these proxy attacks in December.

He made similar warnings in February. Iran’s proxies killed a US contractor in December near Kirkuk, and the US responded with airstrikes at  five locations in Syria and Iraq. On March 11, three members of the Coalition, two of them American, were killed by another rocket attack on Taji base. The US struck  five more locations, mostly warehouses linked to the PMU, in Iraq in retaliation.

It is important to remember the US also killed IRGC Quds force commander Qasem Soleimani in early January, leading to an Iranian ballistic missile attack on two bases where US forces are located in Iraq.

Add to this picture the Iranian attacks on ships in May and June in the Gulf of Oman, the September attack on Saudi Arabia, and Iran’s other attacks on Saudi Arabia using proxies, and the wider picture is of a growing conflict.

But Iran is also facing a pandemic and has less resources now to confront both the US and the coronavirus. US Senator Jim Inhofe visited White in February and came away from the meeting assured that the strike on Soleimani was the right call and Iran’s activities were seriously  disrupted.” We know this because Iran asked Hezbollah to send Mohammad al-Kawrharani to Iraq to help unify the PMU after Soleimani and Muhandis were hit. Other PMU leaders went to Qom in January and Iran sent Lai Shamkhani of its Supreme National Security Council  to Iraq on March 9.

It is in this context that the US apparently pushed plans to attack Kataib Hezbollah, either in retaliation or pre-emptively. Critics say these plans were pushed by Pompeo and the National Security Council. Was the planned campaign merely defensive? Kataib Hezbollah has been putting up videos claiming it will target the US with snipers and RPGs as it did in the early 2000s.

The US was already moving forces in Iraq, consolidating areas it works in and withdrawing from exposed posts at Qaim and Q-West. Officially this was due to the pandemic, but it may have been to reduce the potential targets available to Kataib Hezbollah in case of escalation. There is reticence in the US for deploying more troops to Iraq and the current numbers are thought to be around 5,000 or so. That isn’t enough for a major campaign against the PMU, who number some 100,000. Combined with airpower it s surely more than enough to destroy Kataib Hezbollah, at least temporarily.

We know, according to the Times report, that US Defense Secretary Mark Esper authorized the planning for a “new campaign inside Iraq.” It was to provide options for US President Donald Trump “in the event that Iranian-backed militia groups escalate,” the report notes. This appears profoundly defensive or deterrence oriented. Questions about the plan allegedly came from Lt. Gen. Robert “Pat” White.

This makes sense because White had just commended the Coalition for the one-year anniversary of the defeat of ISIS in Baghouz on March 23. The US wants ISIS to remain defeated. The problem for the US-led Coalition has always been that its mandate is to fight ISIS. However those in Washington have pushed for mission creep in both Iraq and Syria in the wake of the defeat of ISIS in Mosul and Raqqa in 2017. Some proposed using the US presence in Syria as a counterbalance to Iran’s role and to block Iran’s “road to the sea” via Syria. Others felt that Iraq could be used to “watch Iran,” as Trump said in 2018.

US commanders are clear to say to the Iraqis that their mission in Iraq didn’t change. They are in Iraq to fight ISIS at the invitation of Baghdad. But statements from Washington and airstrikes on Kataib Hezbollah are being used by Amiri and Muqtada al-Sadr, leading of the largest political party in Iraq, to push for the US to leave. The militias have supported removing the US for years. Khazali, and Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba’s Akram al-Kaabi all have put out statements urging Iraq to evict the Americans. This is why the spokesman for the US-led Coalition Col. Myles Caggins stressed on March 26 that the US is in Iraq at the invitation of the Government of Iraq to defeat ISIS, “this is our only purpose. Period. We’re transferring bases,” he noted. Also hundreds of troops were temporarily departing.

The report appears to show that there are different messages and power plays at work. It is entirely normal the US would plan for defensive retaliation in case Iranian-backed proxies escalate. Whether that planning means going beyond the normal airstrikes into a more wide-ranging campaign appears to be a question. The Iranian “axis of resistance,” says it is preparing to fight the Americans if they do anything. This includes the IRGC, the PMU, Hezbollah and other Iranian-backed groups. “The coronavirus will not drop the alert,” Elijah Magnier, a journalist knowledgeable of  these issues, notes, “no US base will be exempted from the response.” Elijah Magnier also tweeted on March 27 that Iran had informed the Swiss embassy in Tehran, which can pass the message to the US, that “any US military aggression against Iran will be met with a highly destructive response.”

Iran’s proxies are also smart enough not to give the US an excuse. After the US airstrikes on March 13 in retaliation for the Taji attack, a new group called Osbat al-Thaereen appeared on March 16. It claimed responsibility for an attack on Taji. This is the usual model of groups that want to give Iran plausible deniability behind attacks. It is the same method Hezbollah uses in Lebanon, maintaining its own militia and a party in parliament. In Iraq the PMU has a problem because it is more like the IRGC, a state institution. So it needs a new group that can be a stand-in for Kataib Hezbollah.

In order to confuse the Americans a new trend has emerged in Iraq. Not only was a new group established to take the heat from Kataib Hezbollah and the PMU, sources began to accuse the US of preparing a military coup. This comes in the context of Iraq’s president choosing a new Prime Minister designate named Adnan al-Zurufi. On cue Mehr News in Iran says the US is moving toward a coup on March 27. Kataib Hezbollah then published photos of preparing to fight the Americans, claiming suspicious US activity. Anti-US voices in Iraq have rejected Zurufi, arguing that he worked closely with the US in the early 2000s. An Iraqi analyst Majid Jasim says the US is consolidating its positions, sending Patriot missiles to defend them from rocket attacks and not planning a coup. Yet the US is also evacuating non-essential staff from Iraq, a process in place since may 2019. The State Department seems to have ordered home even more personnel on March 26. Rockets had just hit near an “operations center that coordinates Iraqi security forces,” in the Green Zone in Baghdad, Stars and Stripes reported. And the US gave Iraq only 30 days to stop gas imports from Iran.

Everyone is ready now in Iraq. Kataib Hezbollah has conducted a drill to fight the Americans. They trained to fight the US in rural areas, cities and to stop a US air assault. Several brigades of the PMU participated in the drill. The absence of people on the streets due to the coronavirus curfews adds to the equations of any escalation. Iranian-backed proxies can’t disguise their movements as easily if there is a curfew. Iran has allegedly trafficked ballistic missiles to Iraq in 2018 and 2019, for instance.

The proxies disguise rocket launchers in trucks and vans or hide them in buildings. The US consolidation makes Americans harder targets. But the larger calculation is in Tehran and Washington. Some in the Pentagon, and the US public, are wary of a new round of escalation in Iraq. Iran likely also must weigh escalation against merely doing nothing and letting the US slowly withdraw. Those are the calculations today that link  rising tensions in Iraq to larger regional and global issues.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-and-US-preparing-for-new-round-of-conflict-in-Iraq-622701
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum