Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank

Go down

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Empty David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank

Post by claud39 Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:48 pm

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=16123

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank

04/05/2019

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank 14243

Economy News Baghdad:

The World Bank announced on Friday that its executive board had unanimously approved the choice of David Malpas, the top diplomat at the US Treasury Department, as its new chairman, to continue a 73-year-old tradition that the US would head the international financial institution.
Malpas was the only candidate for the post. He is currently Treasury Under Secretary for International Affairs and has advised President Trump's campaign in the 2016 election.
A Malbas spokesman said Malpas would begin his new job next week during the spring meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Empty 2019 SPRING MEETINGS OPENING PRESS CONFERENCE

Post by claud39 Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:56 pm

http://live.worldbank.org/opening-press-conference-sm2019

[size=40]2019 SPRING MEETINGS OPENING PRESS CONFERENCE[/size]

April 11, 2019 | 8:45 to 10:30 ET, 12:45 to 14:30 GMT
International Monetary Fund Headquarters, Washington DC

The Spring Meetings are attended by approximately 2,800 delegates from our member countries, 350 observer organization representatives and 800 members of the press. Approximately 550 accredited civil society members also participate in the Meetings. 
The Meetings and related ancillary events will be held from April 9 - 14, 2019 in Washington, D.C. The meetings are comprised of events open to all attendees, ministerial-level invitation-only sessions, closed bilateral meetings, and events open only to the Press. 
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Empty World Bank’s Executive Directors Select David Malpass 13th President of the World Bank Group

Post by claud39 Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 pm

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2019/04/05/world-banks-executive-directors-select-david-malpass-13th-president-of-the-world-bank-group

[size=44]World Bank’s Executive Directors Select David Malpass 13th President of the World Bank Group[/size]

APRIL 5, 2019

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Malpass-news-hero

WASHINGTON, April 5, 2019 - The Executive Directors of the World Bank today unanimously selected David R. Malpass as President of the World Bank Group for a five-year term beginning on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. The Board expressed its deep gratitude to Interim President Kristalina Georgieva for her dedication and leadership in recent months.
The Executive Directors followed the selection process agreed in 2011. The process included an open, transparent nomination where any national of the Bank’s membership could be proposed by any Executive Director or Governor through an Executive Director. This was then followed by thorough due diligence and a comprehensive interview of Mr. Malpass by the Executive Directors.
The Board looks forward to working with Mr. Malpass on the implementation of the Forward Look  and the capital package agreement as articulated in the Sustainable Financing for Sustainable Development Paper.
Mr. Malpass previously served as Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs for the United States.  As Under Secretary, Mr. Malpass represented the United States in international settings, including the G-7 and G-20 Deputy Finance Ministerial, World Bank-IMF Spring and Annual Meetings, and meetings of the Financial Stability Board, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation. 
In his role as Under Secretary, Mr. Malpass played a crucial role in several major World Bank Group reforms and initiatives, including the recent capital increase for IBRD and IFC. He was also instrumental in advancing the Debt Transparency Initiative, adopted by the World Bank and IMF, to increase public disclosure of debt and thereby reduce the frequency and severity of debt crises.       
Prior to becoming Under Secretary, Mr. Malpass was an international economist and founder of a macroeconomics research firm based in New York City. Earlier in his career, Mr. Malpass served as the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Developing Nations and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Latin American Economic Affairs. In these roles, he focused on an array of economic, budget, and foreign policy issues, such as the United States’ involvement in multilateral institutions, including the World Bank. 
Mr. Malpass has served on the boards of the Council of the Americas, Economic Club of New York, and the National Committee on US–China Relations. Mr. Malpass earned his bachelor’s degree from Colorado College and his MBA from the University of Denver.  He undertook advanced graduate work in international economics at the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
The World Bank President is Chair of the Boards of Directors of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). The President is also ex officio Chair of the Boards of Directors of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the Administrative Council of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Link to hi-res photo here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/worldbank/47490403962/

PRESS RELEASE NO: 2019/147/ECR

Contacts

David Theis
(202) 458-8626

[email=dtheis@worldbank.org%20]dtheis@worldbank.org[/email]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Empty Spring Meetings 2019: World Bank Group Events

Post by claud39 Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:13 pm

http://live.worldbank.org/spring-meetings-2019

David Malbas as the new president of the World Bank Sitename_en

[size=32]Spring Meetings 2019: World Bank Group Events[/size]

Each Spring, the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund (IMF) hold Spring Meetings to discuss a range of issues related to poverty reduction, international economic development and finance. World Bank Live brings #WBGMeetings experience straight to you wherever you are in the world. We will be live-streaming events in English, Spanish, French and Arabic. Don’t forget to add them to your calendar! 
Watchengage, and be part of the global conversation!
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum