Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better'

Go down

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' Empty Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better'

Post by claud39 Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:53 pm

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/b6c2ec63-ba9f-43ce-8107-47bf33410dd4

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better'

Iraqi PM aide: State of Erbil-Baghdad ties 'never better' MstafaPMadvisor
Chief of Staff and Adviser to the Iraqi PM, Abdulkarim Hashim Mustafa, speaking with Kurdistan 24 on the sidelines of the Middle East conference in Russia, Feb. 20, 2019. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdistan Region and Iraq have “excellent ties,”  and despite a “few minor” lingering issues, the two nations should be able to settle them given the levels of trusts and mutual respect between them, a senior aide to Iraq’s prime minister said on Tuesday.
Speaking with Kurdistan 24 on the sidelines of a special event in Russia, Chief of Staff and Adviser to Iraq’s prime minister, Abdulkarim Hashim Mustafa, highlighted Erbil and Baghdad’s increasingly improving ties. The event was a conference on the Middle East, organized by the Valdai International Discussion Club, a Russian think tank.
“Relations are very good between the Kurdistan Region and the federal government,” Mustafa said. “Right now,” the state of bilateral ties is at its “best” as they are based on “high levels of trust” between the two administrations.
However, he added, “I will not claim that all differences…have been put to rest. There will always be small problems.” But both sides “are capable of resolving these issues” together.
Following the Sept. 2017 referendum on independence, relations between the two governments reached a breaking point when Baghdad responded to the vote with a military takeover of contested areas, leading to the withdrawal of the Kurdish Peshmerga forces.
Since then, senior officials from both sides have met, often to work on mending ties and increasing cooperation. Steps in this direction have improved since a new administration was elected in Baghdad, headed by Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi.
In November, the head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), Masoud Barzani, the leading Kurdish figure and former President of the region, visited the Iraqi capital to discuss Erbil-Baghdad disputes and express support for the newly formed government headed by Abdul-Mahdi.
It was the first such visit since Barzani played a central role in the Kurdistan Region’s independence referendum during his tenure as President. His two-day trip included meeting with leaders across the spectrum of Iraqi politics.
In the months that have followed, a number of developments highlight growing cooperation between the two administrations.
Among these steps include the newly passed 2019 federal budget – which was backed by Kurdish lawmakers after amendments were made to the bill based on their suggestions – and the removal of domestic customs points – another measure imposed by Baghdad following the events of late 2017.
Editing by Nadia Riva
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum