Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat 2/18/19

Go down

Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat  2/18/19 Empty Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat 2/18/19

Post by Ssmith Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

Govt unfazed by EU sanctions threat

- February 18, 2019

BY OBEY MANAYITI

Government yesterday said it was not worried by the threat from the European Union (EU) Parliament to tighten sanctions against the President Emmerson Mnangagwa-led administration, insisting that they will stick with their all-weather friends, China and Russia.

Last week, the EU said it was not pleased with developments in the country and accused Mnangagwa of indicating left while turning right as regards his earlier pledge to reform local politics. The EU lifted most of its restrictions in 2014, but has maintained sanctions against former President Robert Mugabe and his wife, Grace.

Mnangagwa, along with Mugabe and Grace are among the 141 individuals and entities under United States sanctions.

In an interview yesterday, Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services deputy minister Energy Mutodi said the EU is getting its influence from Britain. He accused Britain of working with the opposition.

“The government is fully aware who is influencing the EU,” Mutodi said. “Far from the demonstrations and the alleged human rights abuses, the EU is under pressure from
Britain to maintain sanctions against Zimbabwe. The British government under Theresa May has shown confusion as to who to support in Zimbabwe between the government and the opposition.

“They started well with ambassador (Catriona) Laing, but now with the coming of the new ambassador, the British are singing a new tune and have been issuing retrogressive
statements. However, we are clear as government that we will not tolerate those who don’t tolerate us; we will not reciprocate with love, where there is no love.”

Mutodi said the government will stick to its usual backers.

“We will work with Russia and China for our economic success.

“The British and the EU can work with the opposition and hope that it will one day come to power, but as of now we are the government. It takes two to tango so there will be no engagement with hostile and racist nations. We are a sovereign country and that must be respected.”

The sanctions are most likely to deal a heavy blow to Mnangagwa’s re-engagement efforts.

Mnangagwa at the weekend, however, pleaded with the international community to lift the sanctions, saying they were hurting ordinary Zimbabweans. This is despite him declaring that sanctions should not be used as a scapegoat to corruption and bad governance, when he was campaigning for the 2018 general elections.

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2019/02/govt-unfazed-by-eu-sanctions-threat/

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum