Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts

Go down

Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts Empty Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts

Post by GirlBye Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Former Petrofac sales executive pleads guilty to bribery over oil contracts Topshot-iraq-oil-gas-956529484-5c5c0c616fa1a
Petrofac designs, builds and operates oil and gas services (Source: Getty)

A former Petrofac executive charged with using illicit payments to secure oil contracts in the Middle East has pleaded guilty to 11 charges of bribery, the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) said this morning.

David Lufkin, 51, formerly the UK-headquartered oil and gas firm’s global head of sales, made the plea at Westminster Magistrates’ Court as part of an ongoing SFO probe into Petrofac‘s activities. He will be sentenced at a later date.

The SFO announced its investigation into Petrofac in May 2017, saying it would probe the company’s subsidiaries and staff on corruption and money-laundering claims link to its investigation into Unaoil.

Lufkin made payments of $2.2m (£1.71m) to two agents in order to obtain the engineering, procurement and construction contract for the oil field in Badra, eastern Iraq. Petrofac was awarded the contract in February 2012.

In another charge, the SFO said Lufkin paid an agent around $4m for the operations and maintenance contract to for the Fao Terminal project. The agreement for Fao Terminal, also in Iraq, was awarded in 2012 and renewed annually three times. The SFO claims it was worth around $400m to Petrofac.

Additionally, the anti-fraud agency said Petrofac made payments of approximately $45m to its agent in Saudi Arabia between July 2012 and November 2015, to grab three contacts worth more than $3.7bn collectively.
The SFO said Lufkin had also made offers of bribes in been Iraq and Saudi Arabia that were unsuccessful, and never paid.

In a statement, Petrofac Limited, which runs the Petrofac group, acknowledged the plea but distanced itself from Lufkin, who was employed by Petrofac International Limited, a subsidiary.
René Médori, chairman of Petrofac, said: “The SFO has chosen to bring charges against a former employee of a subsidiary company. It has deliberately not chosen to charge any Group company or any other officer or employee. In the absence of any charge or credible evidence, Petrofac intends as a matter of policy to stand by its employees.”

“Petrofac has policies and procedures in place designed to ensure that we operate at the highest levels of compliance and ethics.”
The firm’s shares were more than 28 per cent early this afternoon.

http://www.cityam.com/272894/former-petrofac-sales-executive-pleads-guilty-bribery-over
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum