Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again

Go down

Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again Empty Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again

Post by GirlBye Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again BE5E92C1-7AF9-4E9F-BB61-DC208EE17284_cx0_cy10_cw0_w1023_r1_s
FILE - Construction workers carry a generator as a bulldozer remove debris from destroyed shops in the Old City of Mosul, Iraq, Nov. 18, 2017

GENEVA — 
The International Committee of the Red Cross reports the Iraqi government faces enormous challenges in renovating its battered country and rebuilding the trust of its population after many years of bruising warfare.
Iraq's big urban battles are at an end. But the ferocity of fighting in places such as Falluja and Mosul have resulted in a level of destruction and mass suffering that will be hard to repair. 

The International Committee of the Red Cross reports 1.8 million people remain displaced within Iraq more than a year after the end of major combat operations, with nearly one in three still living in camps. 

ICRC President, Peter Maurer recently visited the cities of Mosul, Baghdad and Erbil. He says he was shocked by the magnitude of destruction he saw. He warns the social scars that now run deep in society will be extremely difficult to heal.

Iraq Faces Challenges to Make Society Whole Again 27DE7A39-76AF-4CAD-88B0-4A928DEA8A98_w650_r0_s

FILE - International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) President Peter Maurer.

"In the aftermath of the war, there are still tensions in the society, which makes it very difficult to reconcile the Sunni and Shia and different ethnic and religious communities, which have been suffering at different periods of the conflict and different places of the conflict," said Maurer. 

Maurer says the weakest members of society--the women, the children and the elderly are the biggest victims. He says it will be difficult for them to return to their homes and resume a normal life. This, not only because of the physical damage, but the psychological trauma inflicted by the intensity of the war.

He says a major step toward reconciliation lies in clarifying the fate of hundreds of thousands of people still missing after decades of different rounds of conflict in Iraq. He says this issue must be tackled head on so people can alleviate their suffering by finally knowing what has happened to their loved ones.

https://www.voanews.com/a/iraq-faces-daunting-challenges-to-make-its-fragmented-society-whole-again/4779756.html
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum