Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
 "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

"Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19

Go down

"Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19 Empty "Significant Drop" - Sat. PM TNT Thoughts/News 1/26/19

Post by Ssmith Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:51 am

TNT

Briona:

The Parliaments adjournment til March tells me that everything that needs to be done, is.

Eccle519:
We know what they say and so what ARE they doing? Supposedly GOI all done so going with that...

Sunny:
For your discernment: From the Beny Wilson Intel Show: "Per article, Jan 25, 'A significant drop for the dollar in Baghdad today Change in rate but they did not post it on CBI website. It seems they don't want us to know.'"

Harambe:
CNBC: Germany, France, Spain poised to back Trump and recognize Venezu​ela's Guaido

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/26/germany-france-spain-poised-to-recogni​ze-venezuelas-guaido.html?

Reuters: Foreign troops to quit Afghanistan in 18 months under draft deal
https://reut.rs/2MwGjxy

CNBC: Oil prices climb as US threatens sanctions against Venezuela
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/25/oil-markets-us-crude-inventories-venez​uela-in-focus.html?

SusanaC:
43 min ago https://twitter.com/HaiderAlAbadi - The meeting with Mr. Andrew Beck, deputy assistant secretary of State, in the presence of the US ambassador on the relationship between the two countries and the importance of Iraq's continued economic, security and political support, because a unified and sovereign force represents a platform for stability in the region

Puddlenpdw:
Rothschilds Sell Last Piece of Austrian Empire After 200 Years

It’s the end of an era for the Rothschilds in Austria.

Once the Habsburg empire’s top financier, the family that started to do business in Vienna around 1815 is selling its last piece of land in Austria, closing a 200-yearlong history that included booms, busts, crashes and wars.

The family branch represented by heir Bettina Burr has agreed to sell two trusts that own about 7,000 hectares (17,300 acres) of forest in the Lower Austria region to the Vienna-based packaging firm Prinzhorn Holding GmbH, according to three people familiar with the deal, who requested anonymity since the transaction has yet to be added to the land register.

The forest -- about 20 times the size of New York’s Central Park -- is part of an estate Baron Albert von Rothschild bought in 1875. The Nazis seized the land after Germany occupied Austria in 1938, and it was partially returned to the family after World War II. Rothschild heir Bettina Looram moved back to live there until her death in 2012. Two branches of the family then split the estate, and both will now been have sold to Prinzhorn, which bought the adjacent forest a year ago.

“This brings an ambivalent 200-year relationship to an end,” Roman Sandgruber, a historian who last year authored the book, “Rothschild -- The Rise and Fall of a Cosmopolitan Viennese Family,” said in an interview. “The Habsburgs respected the family, elevated them to nobility as they benefited from their finance knowledge. The Catholic Habsburgs, however, always kept a certain distance from the Jewish Rothschild family.”

Vienna Beginnings

Frankfurt-based Mayer Amschel Rothschild in the early 19th century sent his five sons to various capitals across Europe to do business with cash-strapped governments dealing with railway construction, revolutions and wars. The family split its main branches between Vienna, Paris, Naples, London and Frankfurt, supporting Europe’s most powerful royals.

Salomon Rothschild started to do business in Vienna around 1815. The family quickly became the Habsburg empire’s biggest financier, invested in railways and iron works and turned within decades into the country’s biggest landowner.

Jews weren’t allowed to buy houses in Vienna at the time, so Salomon had to stay “at the best inn in town, the Hotel zum Roemischen Kaiser.” The family in 1843 was allowed to buy houses after it became indispensable for the Emperor. Salomon’s grandson, Albert, was considered Europe’s richest man in 1910.

The Fall

The family’s fortunes turned in the global economic crisis of the 1930s, when its bank Creditanstalt collapsed in what was then the biggest crash in Habsburg history and had to be taken over by the state.

The family head, Louis, had to shed property, cut costs at his estates, fire staff and spend less on representation and the arts.

A more violent blow came when the Nazis occupied Austria and expropriated the family’s assets. Louis died while swimming at Montego bay in the Caribbean in 1955. To the surprise of his family, he asked to be buried in Vienna.

After the war and the restitution of some assets, Rothschild heirs, except for Louis’s daughter Bettina Looram, spent little time in Austria. The last Rothschild working for an Austrian bank was Geoffrey Hoguet, who worked for Creditanstalt’s investment bank until 1997.

Creditanstalt’s iconic headquarters was sold by UniCredit Bank Austria AG in 2014 and is currently being turned into a high-end supermarket. Burr, Looram’s daughter, in 2015 donated to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts works that had been looted by the Nazis and returned to the family.

Austria and the family made their peace in the last few decades, Sandgruber said. “The relationship between the family and Austria was not the easiest one, but there was some sort of mutual appreciation after the final art restitutions about 20 years ago,” he said. Link

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum