Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Buy and Sell

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19

Go down

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 Empty "Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19

Post by Ssmith on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 am

Dear good angels and light workers of IDC. I was asked to seek your advice as I am new to this stuff.

My brother and I were drafted to serve in Vietnam. I never made it because I had stutter and bad lisp. My brother served our country in ' Nam despite some reservations about LBJ, but he went missing.

A year ago, there was a lead about his remains possibly in Quang Tri. We had no means of making the trip but a elderly neighbor loaned me some money so I could make the trip. It was disappointing as we could not pursue the lead as it turn out to be something else.

Prior to my departure for ' Nam, my elderly neighbor advised that I pick up some Vietnamese dongs. I managed to pick up some with the little money remaining wondering how I could repay his loan. He said not to worry as he thinks the vietnamese dongs that I picked up should repay him more than enough with some to spare. However he is now committed to a nursing home with dementia. I will definitely pay his estate or heirs the full loan when I am able.

I was referred here to find out about redeeming the Vietnamese dong currency when the time comes. Some people gave conflicting views like only pre-registered dong currency holders can redeem at RV rates but casual dong owners will get pittance. They claim it is such because otherwise Vietnam would be full of multi billionaires of US Dollars.

I was hopeful of getting some decent rates to pay into my elderly neighbor's estate and for his care as well as getting some additional funds to keep looking for my brother's remains.
Can some shed light on procedures for casual Vietnamese dong holders?

Thank you. Wishing everyone only the best

Lost in Phoenix but hopeful in Quang Tri
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 Empty Re: "Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19

Post by Ethel Biscuit on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Lost in FantasyLand wrote:A year ago...a elderly neighbor loaned me some money so I could make the trip...However he is now committed to a nursing home with dementia.

Sad to say, but I think your neighbour was suffering from dementia a year ago as well.

picking  "Scum" - Sue Winters
Ethel Biscuit
Ethel Biscuit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 Empty Re: "Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19

Post by Sam I Am on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm

LIP the policy of the government of Vietnam is to slowly devalue the dong as a means of making their exports more attractive to foreign businesses.  By following that policy their GDP has tripled over the past 10-12 years, so it's very unlikely that they're going to change the policy.  That means that the dong will not revalue.  It will lose value like it has been for most of the 21st century.

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 Empty Dong exchange

Post by sue.hanson2012@gmail.com on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Go to YouTube.com and listen to The If Call.
You will get info on how to exchange. Don't pay any attention to nay-sayers!
Best of luck. You will have a great 2019

sue.hanson2012@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

"Vietnamese Dong Exchange Procedures" by Lost in Phoenix - 1/1/19 Empty DONG

Post by Scotchie on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:32 pm

You can exchange your dong today.  Or, you can hold for years without any appreciation.  Nice you want to take care of your friend with dementia, but he does not need your help.  You need help!

Scotchie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold4187 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:25 am

I think wells Fargo still sells it. If so ch o there.

Harold4187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Busting Gurus Since 2011

Sam I Am
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://www.jewandgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum