Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran

Go down

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran Empty US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran

Post by claud39 Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:40 am

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2018/12/15/us-struggles-to-convince-iraq-to-cut-ties-with-iran/

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran Adil-Abd-Al-Mahdi-with-US-Secretary-of-Energy-Rick-Perry-623x346

15th December 2018 in Iraq Banking & Finance NewsIraq Industry & Trade NewsIraq Oil & Gas NewsPolitics

By John Lee.
US Energy Secretary Rick Perry spent the last two days trying to convince the Iraqi government that it’s in its best interest to cut energy ties with Iran.
But according to a report from Washington Examiner, his efforts have had limited success.
Perry tweeted:
“In bilateral meetings with Iraqi President @BarhamSalih, Prime Minister Abdul-Mahdi, and Speaker Mohammed Al-Halbousi I reaffirmed that the U.S. stands ready to assist the Iraqi people in transitioning from Iranian energy dependence to using their full domestic energy potential.”
Iran is Iraq’s neighbor and an important supplier of the natural gas that fuels the nation’s electric grid, which is crucial to Iraq’s economy and oil industry.
More here.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/rick-perry-struggles-to-convince-iraq-to-cut-ties-with-iran
(Source: Washington Examiner)
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran Empty Rick Perry struggles to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran

Post by claud39 Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 am

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/rick-perry-struggles-to-convince-iraq-to-cut-ties-with-iran

12:58 - 12 déc. 2018

[size=40]Rick Perry struggles to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran[/size]

Energy Secretary Rick Perry spent the last two days trying to convince the Iraqi government that it's in its best interest to cut energy ties with Iran, but with limited success.
"In bilateral meetings with Iraqi President @BarhamSalih, Prime Minister Abdul-Mahdi, and Speaker Mohammed Al-Halbousi I reaffirmed that the U.S. stands ready to assist the Iraqi people in transitioning from Iranian energy dependence to using their full domestic energy potential," Perry tweeted Wednesday afternoon. 

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran DuPqdMBWsAAtsy5

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran DuPqdVNXgA4kuNH

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran DuPqdfNW0AIyE6T

US “struggles” to convince Iraq to cut ties with Iran DuPqdo9XgAIjiZe

Iran is Iraq's neighbor and an important supplier of the natural gas that fuels the nation's electric grid, which is crucial to Iraq's economy and oil industry.
In fact, Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi told reporters on Tuesday that he will be sending a delegation to Washington to ask for waivers to allow it to continue receiving gas from Iran under U.S. sanctions for six months. Some suggest it could take up to a decade to wean Iraq off Iranian energy supplies.
The Trump administration granted Iraq a 45-day exemption from sanctions on Nov. 5. But Iraq is not satisfied with the short-term measure, which is about to run out, and is demanding a long-term waiver. The prime minister suggested that the lights could go out if natural gas imports are curtailed too soon.
“The American side is cooperating with Iraq to find solutions that would remove pressure on Iraq because the [Iranian] gas is linked to a very sensitive issue which is electricity,” he told a news conference.
Perry said earlier on Wednesday that he spent the last 48 hours delivering a "message of energy independence and transparent markets" to the Iraqi leadership, trying to convince them that U.S. industry is ready to invest in the country's energy infrastructure to wean them off Iran's imports.
Perry met with Iraqi Minister of Oil Thamir Ghadhban and Minister of Electricity Luay al-Khatteeb and discussed the importance of a "transparent, predictable, and accountable business environment to attract investment in Iraq’s energy sector," he tweeted.
Perry also addressed a conference on Tuesday with the prime minister and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Perry called it one of the largest Chamber events to be held in Baghdad.
"The energy environment in Iraq is ripe for investment," he tweeted. 
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum