Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap

Denmark is increasing its support to mitigate explosive risks in liberated areas of Iraq

Go down

Denmark is increasing its support to mitigate explosive risks in liberated areas of Iraq

Post by RamblerNash on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 pm

By about $ 3 million ...

14/12/2018 - 18:15 Iraq

The United Nations Mine Action Service in Iraq (UNMAS) welcomed an additional contribution of DKK 19.5 million (approximately USD 3 million) from the Government of Denmark to mitigate the threat posed by explosive risks and to enable stabilization efforts in liberated areas of Iraq.

The support was announced today by visiting Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen, according to a statement by UNAMI on Friday.

The Minister expressed his appreciation for the close cooperation between the Mine Action Service of the Ministry of Health and Environment and the United Nations Mine Action Service. "We are painfully aware that the return of displaced persons to their areas and normalcy is not possible as long as the dangers of explosives threaten their lives and security. That is why the work of the United Nations Mine Action Service remains very important. "

This additional contribution from the Government of Denmark, the total Danish support for the work of the United Nations Mine Action Service in Iraq, amounts to US $ 14 million.

The mine risk management activities of the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) create conditions for a durable return of displaced persons. In addition, it also contributes to improved coordination, participation and capacity-building for relevant authorities, assessments of the impact of the threat, as well as education and risk awareness initiatives. This reduces the threat of explosive risks by directly supporting stabilization and recovery planning and delivery, while increasing national capacities to manage the overall threat of newly identified explosive threats, according to the UNAMI statement.

"The 1.8 million displaced people still remember the explosive dangers and they are one of the main reasons and concerns for not returning home," said Per Ludhammar, senior director of the Iraq Program at the United Nations Mine Action Service.

"Denmark is an important partner in supporting explosive risk management activities and ensuring safe and orderly return and dignity for the displaced."

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/487206
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum