Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade

Go down

Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade Empty Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade

Post by GirlBye Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Iran & Iraq consider replacing US dollar with local currency in trade 5bf41359dda4c810058b45f8

Apart from barter trade, Tehran and Baghdad are mulling the idea of using the Iraqi dinar for mutual transactions to reduce reliance on the US dollar amid banking problems Iran is facing due to US sanctions.

“Considering the problems that have emerged in dollar-based banking transactions, a joint proposal between Iran and Iraq is using Iraq’s dinar in trade,” Iranian ambassador to Baghdad Iraj Masjedi said, as quoted by Iran’s Fars News Agency.

The announcement comes two weeks after Washington brought into action the second round of anti-Iranian sanctions that target the country’s oil, shipping, and financial sectors. The previous batch of penalties, which came into effect in August, hit cars, carpets, metals trading, as well as access to the US dollar.

According to Masjedi, the current trade turnover between Iran and Iraq totals $12 billion and the countries plan to increase the figure up to $20 billion. The official said that Baghdad has recently been under strong pressure from the White House over its business dealings with Iran, its top trade partner.

Apart from energy resources, Iranian exports to Iraq include livestock, food items, plastic products, construction materials and vehicles.

“The Iraqis need Iran’s natural gas, electricity, food items and industrial materials,” Masjedi said. “If exports of these to Iraq are stopped, there will be problems not only for Iran but also for the Iraqis.”

Last week, Reuters reported that Baghdad had been looking for Washington’s approval to import Iranian gas and energy supplies in exchange for food items. Iraq, as well as some other of Iran’s partners, was granted a waiver from the US, allowing it to gradually reduce energy purchases from the Islamic Republic. However, Iraqi authorities say the exemption of only 45 days is not enough to stop importing Iranian gas and oil.

https://www.rt.com/business/444450-iran-iraq-local-currency-trade/
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum