Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro

Go down

Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro Empty Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro

Post by GirlBye Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Tehran rejects Iraqi dinar for gas exports to Baghdad, suggests euro Oil-iran-archiv

Iraq's economy is heavily intertwined with Iran's, with Baghdad importing many goods including food, oil products, and gas. (Photo: Reuters/Raheb Homava)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Iran's Oil Ministry on Monday said that it would not accept the Iraqi dinar in return for Baghdad's purchases of their oil after US sanctions on Iran's energy and financial sectors took effect in early November.

Washington granted eight nations it called "constituencies" exemptions from the sanctions for a limited period. Amid a flurry of confusion, the US administration later said that it had also allowed Iraq a special waiver of a 45-day purchase of Iranian electricity imports.
The waiver, however, is conditional; Iraq must not pay for the Iranian imports in US dollars. Iraqi officials later announced that Baghdad had created a dedicated bank account to conduct the transactions using the dinar.

"National Iranian Gas Company doesn’t agree with the suggestion," Deputy Oil Minister Amir-Hossein Zamaninia was quoted as saying by the semi-official ISNA news agency.

Zamaninia added that "negotiations are still underway" and "according to the contract, Iraqis should pay for the gas imports in euro currency."
The two Middle-Eastern countries are in the midst of talks to resolve the issue, the official continued. Iraq's economy is heavily intertwined with its eastern neighbor's, importing many goods including food and oil products and also gas, on which the country is heavily dependent for fueling its power plants.

A recent report suggested that Baghdad, feeling the US deadline was not sufficient to find an alternate source of gas, was seeking an extension from the US to continue imports from Iran, according to one Iraqi official.

Another official claimed that Iran had accepted a Baghdad proposal to "pay food and humanitarian items" in return for their gas.
"The reports that Iraq is to give humanitarian goods and food in exchange for Iran gas… are not true," said Zamaninia.
Since the US pulled out from the Iran nuclear deal in May and re-instituted two sets of sanctions targeting the Islamic Republic’s economy, the rial has been on a downward spiral, affecting the purchasing power of the country’s population. Many citizens have criticized the government for failing to effectively deal with the crisis.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/afb0c3a3-f34d-4dca-bcf7-a062467272cd
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum