Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue

3 posters

Go down

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue Empty Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue

Post by RamblerNash Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Have you ever gone to one of your favorite Guru or Dinar info site only to see a bunch of ads?

Have you noticed that the ads you see are based on your browsing habits? How do they know?

Have you ever noticed that on some sites you have to keep going to the next page to see more content? i.e. more ads

Have you ever wondered why you see ads placed in certain areas that your trying to read? You can't miss them, huh?

Did you know you can use an adblocker to get rid of most of their ads? Do you really go there to see them?

Here's a list of popular adblockers:

https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+ad+blockers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

~~~~~~~~~~

1. Speeds up web browsing by decreasing page load times.  No more waiting for advertising DNS lookups and image/banner downloads.

2. Can block tracking including cross domain advertising networks.  For example, ever go searching for a product on Google then all of a sudden you see advertisements on other sites for the product you searched for?

3. Blocks known malware domains.  Fake advertisements have always been a vector for injecting malware.

4. Works on Facebook and YouTube.  No more annoying ads at the beginning of YouTube videos!

5. You can allow unobtrusive ads to support websites.

Additionally, you can add your own filters.  Recently, I’ve noticed taboola.com showing a bunch of cross domain advertisements.  To block these incredibly annoying and obtrusive ads, just add a custom filter.

http://minkatec.com/benefits-of-adblock-plus-more-than-just-blocking-ads/

~~~~~~~~~~

Ad blockers are so hot right now. Designed for desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones, these apps and browser extensions give you the web content you are after while removing the blinking, flashing ads.

So should you get one? To help you make up your mind, we give you the reasons why you want to get an ad blocker… and the reasons why you don’t.

First, the pros:

1. It makes your browsing safer

Attackers are now buying up advertising space in some of the world’s most popular websites and loading them with malicious ads that can do major harm to your computer and your data. The fastest and easiest way to nip this in the bud is to block online ads from showing up at all.

An ad blocker will help you remove many online ads and reduce the opportunity for malvertising attacks. But ad blockers don’t block all ads – in fact, many companies pay good money to ad blocking developers in order to have their ads “whitelisted” (Adblock Plus, we’re looking at you). So you should take a few complementary steps to make sure you’re truly protected.

2. It stops ad servers from tracking you

Ad servers don’t just deliver ads to your browser – they also like to keep an eye on what you do online and gather all sorts of personal information about you and your habits that can then be sold to third parties, or used to send you even more targeted advertising. Ad blockers claim to stop ad servers from being able to track you.

3. It makes your pages load faster

When your ad blocker stops the analytics code, text and imagery that comes with every online ad, your browser is free to concentrate on loading the actual content of the site you want to visit – say, the article you want to read or the video you want to stream – without distractions.

4. It makes your data plan last longer (and saves you money)

This is particularly true for those who like their mobile browsing experience ad-free. Some tests have shown that, while visiting news sites, more than half of your mobile data is chewed up by ads!  Although results vary wildly from site to site, once you take online ads out of the equation, there is just a lot less data to download – which can be good news for your pocket if you are on a lean data plan.

5. It can majorly declutter your browsing experience

The obvious main benefit of using and ad blocker is, well,  no ads. You get cleaner websites, no annoying pop-ups, no sudden and unwelcome sound effects… Replacing all the ads with pleasant, reader-friendly white space can make the time you spend online feel like a radically different experience. Like letting Marie Kondo loose on your browser.

If everything surrounding ad blockers sounds wonderful at this point, it’s because they are generally helpful, decent tools to have. It pays off to install one, is what we’re saying. But like everything else in life, ad blockers have a not-so-fresh side you should be aware of.

So then, the cons:

1. It can make important features and content disappear

Tales abound of ad blockers wrecking the user experience in all sorts of websites, from flight booking engines to online shopping retailers, to the point that the site becomes unusable. Shopping carts, built-in customer support instant messaging apps, and even entire product pages have been swallowed whole by over-eager blockers.

Fortunately, it is easy to get around this by “whitelisting” select sites - adding them to a list of websites that the ad blocker will not touch. Unfortunately, it’s a textbook case of “you don’t know what you don’t know”: if you can’t see the feature in the first place, you can’t possibly know it’s missing. Keeping your ad blocker switched on means a likely trade-off between an ad-free browsing session and a fully functional one.

2. It may sell your browsing data to third parties

Remember how we told you many ad blockers stop ad servers  from tracking what you do online? The flipside is that some ad blockers themselves are the ones doing the tracking instead, and sending or selling the data to third parties. Yay. You’ve been warned.

3. It may be the spawn of Satan, and you its unwitting minion

Alright, not that bad. But ad blockers live in an ethical twilight zone, in that they pose an existential threat to many independent media outlets who rely on online advertising for their revenue. Even the big guys in the media landscape have taken a hit.

Ultimately, it is up to you to find that ethical sweet spot between protecting yourself from the dangers and irritations of online advertising, and letting digital media remain viable and thrive. Personally, we recommend a policy of “smart whitelisting”: make sure it’s switched off for those sites you want to support.

https://www.avg.com/en/signal/5-reasons-you-should-use-an-adblocker

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue Empty Re: Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue

Post by Ethel Biscuit Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:59 pm

ayestu

I use "Ublock Origin" on Firefox or Chromium. I haven't seen an ad for years - except on some sites where I deliberately disable the adblocker. I don't know why everyone doesn't use them.

picking  "Scum" - Sue Winters
Ethel Biscuit
Ethel Biscuit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue Empty Re: Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue

Post by Kevind53 Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:25 am

I run Privacy Badger ... works very well.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue 2805820865  Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue 2805820865  Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue 2805820865  Public Service Announcement - Dinarland Websites Ad Making Revenue 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum