Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget

Go down

Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget Empty Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget

Post by GirlBye Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Officials say the draft does not provide enough funds for provision of adequate public services
Iraqi politicians botch another attempt to agree on draft budget Wo14-Iraq-budget-pic

For the third-time in a row, Iraqi politicians failed to approve a draft budget bill for 2019 because they say it does not provide enough funds for the provision of effective state services.

This comes one week after some Iraqi officials said they objected to the draft budget because it does not allocate funds for the reconstruction of areas liberated from ISIS.
Parliamentarians are expected to revisit the draft in another session scheduled for next Monday.

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi approved the draft budget in October, which now awaits parliament's approval. The budget of $111.9 envisions an increase in spending of $24bn and a deficit of $22.6bn for 2019.
Parliament convened on Monday evening to discuss issues related to the draft, but parliamentarians including Finance Minister Fuad Hussein said the current bill does not provide enough funds for job creation or the provision of adequate public services.

The 2003 US invasion of Iraq, the rise of ISIS in 2014 and ensuing battles against the militant group battered the country’s infrastructure, leading to dwindling state provision of water and electricity. This has regularly led to demonstrations, especially during Iraq’s hot summer months, with citizens complaining about a lack in basic services.

Instability in the country has also contributed to staggering unemployment rates. According to the UN Development Programme (UNDP) employment rates across Iraq stands at 11 per cent.

In a statement on Tuesday, Mr Hussein said that he will work with parliament to resolve all issues related to the draft bill. He said that he will try to settle all snags ahead of the deadline but noted that his ministry is still facing some significant problems.

He blamed the budget’s shortcomings on the previous Iraqi administration.
"The previous administration that prepared the budget has failed to address Mr Abdul Mahdi's governmental programme," Mr Hussein said, referencing a four-year government plan which focuses on some of Iraq's most pressing issues - corruption, reconstruction, economic development and a crippling water crisis.

Janghis Awakaly, a Kurdish representative in government, also blamed the pitfalls of the draft budget on the previous administration, which he claims submitted the draft only “hours” before the new government was formed.

"This was done deliberately to undermine the new cabinet,” he told The National.
Kurdish politicians have previously said they reject the 2019 draft budget because their share was dropped from 17 per cent in 2018 to 12.67 per cent.

Mr Awakaly said that a revised budget should help enhance trust between Baghdad's central government and country’s different components.
Previous budget allocations in Iraq have been skewed, with Sunni and Kurdish regions getting a small share than areas dominated by Iraq’s Shiite majority.

Earlier on Sunday, parliament established a committee to review the draft.
“The committee will be headed by Mr Hussein who will work alongside the acting deputy finance minister, head of provincial planning and development council, economic experts and relevant parties to revise the legislation,” said a statement released by parliament.

Once the committee finalizes its work it will present another draft budget to parliament for review.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/iraqi-politicians-botch-another-attempt-to-agree-on-draft-budget-1.791490
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum