Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq

Go down

U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq Empty U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq

Post by GirlBye Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 pm

U.S. Treasury sanctions key Hezbollah, Iran-related networks in Iraq CnybnyE007015_20180925_CBMFN0A001_11n

The U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) on Tuesday announced sanctions on key Hezbollah and Iran-related networks in Iraq.
Among the targeted were four Hezbollah-affiliated individuals "who lead and coordinate the group's operational, intelligence, and financial activities in Iraq," according to a statement issued by the Treasury.

These people were accused of working as "terror facilitators" that smuggled oil for Iran, raised funds for Hezbollah, and sent fighters to Syria for the IRGC-Qods Force on behalf of Iran, said Sigal Mandelker, Under Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.

"Treasury's concerted actions aim to deny Hizballah (Hezbollah)'s clandestine attempts to exploit Iraq to launder funds, procure weapons, train fighters, and collect intelligence as a proxy for Iran," he added. "This administration will impose severe consequences on anyone assisting Hizballah and their global support networks, and those who engage in business relationships with these terrorists expose themselves to serious sanctions risk."

These designations followed the signing into law of the Hizballah International Financing Prevention Amendments Act of 2018 on Oct. 25, and "completed the re-imposition of U.S. nuclear-related sanctions that were lifted or waived under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)," read the statement.

The individuals designated on Tuesday would be subject to secondary sanctions.
According to U.S. regulations and laws, the Treasury can prohibit or impose strict conditions on the opening or maintaining in the United States of a correspondent account or a payable-through account by a foreign financial institution that "knowingly facilitates a significant transaction for Hizballah."

All property and interests in property of those sanctioned targets that were subject to U.S. jurisdiction would be blocked, and U.S. persons were generally prohibited from engaging in transactions with them.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-11/14/c_129993298.htm
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum