Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo

Go down

President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo Empty President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo

Post by GirlBye Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am

President Salih’s abandoned CDJ votes to remain a party, changes name after months in limbo CDJKurdistan3
Member of Coalition for Democracy and Justice (CDJ) vote to remain as a party, Nov. 9, 2018. (Photo: Kurdistan 24

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The newly-formed Coalition for Democracy and Justice (CDJ) on Friday, by a landslide majority-vote chose to change its name and remain as a party in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq after its leader, Barham Salih, left the party months ago to secure the presidency of the country.

In a meeting with some 350 members in attendance, the CDJ held a convention in Erbil. In a public vote, an overwhelming majority voted against dismantling the party, and 189 members voted in favor of changing the party’s name. National Coalition won the most votes.

In his speech, Mohammed Rauf, one of the founding members of the CDJ, praised the strength and patience of party members amidst uncertain times.
The members plan to re-write a new mission statement and structure for the party. It is also preparing to elect a new party leader following the departure of Barham Salih, who is currently the President of Iraq.

Salih was previously the Deputy Secretary-General of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), but due to the party’s internal turmoil, namely over the absence of its late leader, Jalal Talabani, he left the PUK in September 2017 to form his own bloc – the CDJ – which won two seats in Iraq’s May 12 national election.

On Sep. 19, he abandoned the CDJ and rejoined the PUK to be their official candidate for the Presidency of Iraq. On Oct. 2, he was officially elected as the new President of the country.

Since then, his newly-formed CDJ has been in limbo, with its leaders, and members remaining uncertain about the future of the party.
The CDJ also participated in the Kurdistan Region’s Sep. 30 parliamentary election, but failed to secure a seat over the departure of Salih.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/ea0e6d32-9608-4802-b83b-ad2913d1b33b
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum