Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts

Go down

Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts Empty Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts

Post by GirlBye Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Two Iraq ministers risk sack over Saddam-era posts 1363191-1256137332

• Two Iraqi ministers may lose their jobs after found that they were members of Saddam Hussein’s regime

• The endangered officials were Minister of Youth and Sports and Minister of Communications

BAGHDAD: Two ministers approved by Iraq’s parliament may lose their jobs before the rest of cabinet is agreed, officials said Thursday, after a commission found they were members of Saddam Hussein’s regime.

The Accountability and Justice Commission is responsible for the policy of “de-Baathification,” or ensuring no Saddam-era officials or senior members of his Baath party play a role in Iraq’s government.
Commission spokesman Fares Abdul Sattar said that the body had sent a letter to parliament over two nominees to the 22-minister government — a third of which has yet to be confirmed by parliament.
“Two names will be subject to procedures by the Accountability and Justice Commission,” Abdul Sattar said, without specifying who.

A parliamentary source said that the endangered officials were Minister of Youth and Sports Ahmad Al-Obeidi and Minister of Communications Naim Al-Rubaye, who were only approved by lawmakers last month.

If sacked, it would be the first time the policy of “de-Baathification” unseats a minister confirmed by parliament since the 2003 ouster of Saddam by a US-led invasion.

Rubaye was reportedly a member of the intelligence services and a mid-level Baath party official, said a security source, but it was unclear what role Obeidi had.

Both received parliament’s vote of confidence on October 25 along with 12 other ministers, including those in charge of finance, foreign affairs, and oil.
Due to deep divisions, the remaining eight portfolios, including the interior and defense ministers, have not been put to a vote.

Parliament has met twice since then, but a confirmation vote did not feature on either session’s agenda and it has not set a new date to approve the remaining ministers.

Government formation has dragged on since Adel Abdel Mahdi, 76, was appointed prime minister in early October.

He had launched a website to allow Iraqis to apply for a ministerial position online and more than 15,000 sent in bids, but most of the names that were approved on October 25 were well-known political figures.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1401556/middle-east
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum