Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq

Go down

NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq Empty NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq

Post by GirlBye Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 am

On 31 October 2018, a new NATO-led mission in Iraq started its work to further develop the Iraq’s security institutions and structures. The new mission, called NATO Mission Iraq, was launched at the NATO Summit held in Brussels on 11 and 12 July 2018, following a request by the Iraqi government. The mission is led by Major General Dany Fortin of the Canadian Armed Forces, and builds on prior training and capacity-building efforts carried out in the country since January 2017 by NATO civilian and military personnel.

NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq 20181102_181031-iraq1
NATO continues to strengthen Iraqi security structures through new mission in Iraq 20181102_181031-iraq2

Lieutenant General Jamil al Shimari, Commander of Iraq’s National Defence University, expressed his appreciation for NATO support, saying: "This mission is important because properly trained Iraqi security forces are those who made the difference, ultimately, in the defeat of ISIS/Daesh." 

Ms. Jana Kotorova, NATO Deputy Senior Civilian in Iraq, highlighted that NATO’s prior efforts in Iraq "have laid the foundations for this follow-on mission, by developing training models that fit with Iraqi requirements for the reform of Iraq’s national security structures and institutions." 

She added: "Until now, about 1,000 Iraqi soldiers have been trained to become instructors at different Iraqi military schools. NATO advisors have been working side by side with Iraqi officials, in a spirit of close coordination and partnership. With the establishment of the new mission, NATO will contribute to the stability of the country by providing further training and advice to Iraqi security institutions and structures." 

The outgoing NATO senior officer in Iraq, Brigadier General Francesco Giuliano, pointed out that through past training and capacity building activities in Iraq NATO has established "a strong network amongst Iraqi interlocutors;  it is through this kind of networks and relationships that the new NATO Mission will boost the reform of Iraq’s security institutions further." 

Major General Fortin said: "I look forward to growing the relationship fostered by the NATO training and capacity building in Iraq between the Government of Iraq and NATO, leveraging the full weight of the Alliance to help enhance Iraqi security institutions."
The new NATO Mission Iraq is expected to be fully set up in early 2019. 

It will be a non-combat mission, and will have advisors working closely with officials of the Iraqi Ministry of Defence and the Office of the National Security Advisor to help Iraq build a more effective, sustainable, inclusive and transparent defence sector. It will also train Iraqi instructors at Iraqi military schools and academies in such areas as countering explosive devices, civil-military planning, armoured vehicle maintenance, and military medicine.

It will include several hundred personnel, with fully integrated civilian staff. It will also help the Alliance’s coordination with many other actors on the ground, including the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, the UN, the EU, individual NATO Allies, and relevant Iraqi Ministries and representatives of Iraqi civil society.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_160039.htm
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum