Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions

Go down

Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions Empty Iraq’s Amnesty Law And Its Dangerous Repercussions

Post by GirlBye Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:23 pm

Al-Mada, Iraq, October 27
Just when we thought that Iraqi politics could not get more cynical, it has been revealed that an undisclosed Iraqi parliamentarian, who is on trial for several corruption cases, has recently been appointed to Iraq’s Commission of Integrity, tasked with investigating corruption at all levels of the Iraqi government. 
This member of the parliament has supposedly embezzled over $70 million of Iraqi taxpayers’ money in the past few years. I personally believe that the outrage should not be over this individual’s appointment to the Commission, but rather over his appointment to parliament in the first place. 
This reveals a huge problem with the Iraqi political system, which was created in the aftermath of the passing of the 2016 amnesty law. According to this controversial bill, introduced to quell Sunni-Shiite tensions in Iraq, any Iraqi convicted of a crime between 2003 and 2016 would be eligible for amnesty, except for those convicted of severe crimes that resulted in death, rape, or permanent disability.

This bill paved the way for numerous corrupt Iraqi politicians into the parliament. Many of them faced trial and were convicted, only later to be exonerated by the law. A handful of them ended up in parliament, and some, as we now know, even entered the Commission of Integrity. This, I’m convinced, is just the tip of the iceberg. 

I have already learned of numerous Iraqi politicians who hold fake degrees from fake institutions, who used legal loopholes to pay their way into parliament and avoid prosecution. This state of corruption in Iraqi politics should be alarming to anyone who cares about the future of this country. The Iraqi people have overthrown their despot only to have him replaced by a ruling group of corrupt businessmen who bought their way into parliament while burying their crimes. –Udnan Hussein

http://www.themedialine.org/new-from-the-arab-press/iraqs-amnesty-law-and-its-dangerous-repercussions/
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum