Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie

Go down

Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie Empty Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie

Post by GirlBye Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Iraq could raise output capacity by 1 million bpd in 10 years, says Wood Mackenzie Bz12-Iraq

Iraq, the second-largest producer within Opec, could raise production capacity by one million barrels per day in ten years buoyed by healthy momentum in upstream activity, according to energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie.

“Looking at everything on a project-by-project basis, looking at FIDs [final investment decisions], [we’re] very positive on growth for Iraq … by a million barrels per day (bpd) from 2017 to 2025. It’s over 10 years, but it’s relative,” said Ann-Louise Hittle, vice president of macro oils, at Wood Mackenzie.

The forecast by the Edinburgh-headquartered firm is conservative compared with Iraq’s own ambitions to raise production capacity. The federal Iraqi oil ministry has set aside a target of raising production capacity to 6.5 million bpd by 2022. The country produced 4.65 million bpd in September, according to the latest figures released by Opec.

Outgoing Iraqi oil minister Jabbar Al Luaibi had said earlier this year that the country was confident of breaching its desired five million bpd target this year. Iraq accounts for 8.8 per cent of proven reserves of oil worldwide, much of it is cheap, and easily extractible. However, its upstream sector has been crippled by decades of war, which forced a brain drain of talented engineers, and also led to a shutdown of refineries.

With a new Iraqi government in place, and the defeat of the Islamic State, which had taken over key fields and refineries, the government is now moving towards rehabilitating the country’s energy and power sector, including reducing the flaring of gas from its southern-oil fields.

The Iraqi government has begun to invite interest in its oil field development schemes, notably tendering a few blocks earlier this year. It also signed a two-year contract in April with China's Anton Oilfield Services and London-based Petrofac to operate its giant Majnoon field, which it took over after Anglo-Dutch major Shell’s exit from the project.

The ministry also said it aimed to boost its light crude exports to a million bpd next year, even as it presses for waivers from US sanctions against its neighbour and ally Iran, with whom Baghdad had entered into an agreement to truck oil from its fields at Kirkuk.

Iraq’s plans for waivers and production capacity boost come amid an anticipated decline in supply from Iran, which is struggling to get its oil to market prior to the imposition of sanctions by the US administration on November 4.

Wood Mackenzie estimates that 1.1 million bpd of Iranian oil is likely to be lost to the markets.
“We’re looking at fall from 3.8 to 2.7 million bpd from the spring to November,” said Ms Hittle. "China is going to be in the range of 500,000 bpd. 

We’re looking at continuation of exports to Turkey, exports to India on a reduced basis of 150,000 bpd. Crude will go to Syria, maybe 50,000 bpd and condensate exports will continue at a cargo-by-cargo basis at about 10,000 bpd."

WoodMackenzie however anticipates condensate exports to hold steady due to the start-up of a couple of condensate splitters in Iran.

"One has started up already and it’s going to ramp up once we go into the next year and help absorb the condensate that’s spilling out of South Pars,” she said.

South Pars is the world’s largest gas field and is shared with Qatar, which refers to the concession as North Dome.

https://www.thenational.ae/business/energy/iraq-could-raise-output-capacity-by-1-million-bpd-in-10-years-says-wood-mackenzie-1.786112
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum