Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019

Go down

Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 Empty Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019

Post by GirlBye Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Italy to end military presence in Iraq by early 2019 Italianpermosul
Italian Defense Minister Elisabetta Trenta with Italian troops in Mosul on Oct. 29, 2018. (Photo: Italian Embassy)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Rome intends to reconfigure its military presence in Iraq and end its mission entirely by March 2019, part of the future of Italy’s mission in the region addressed by Defense Minister Elisabetta Trenta during her visit to their military personnel in Mosul, a city in northern Iraq.

The minister’s visit came after she went to Baghdad and Erbil, respectively, meeting with top officials from both governments to discuss Italy’s ties with and future in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region.

“I want to thank you for the extraordinary integration work you have been able to do with the Iraqi security forces,” La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno, an Italian paper, quoted Trenta as saying when addressing the country’s military personnel.

Italy is a member of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). Their troops have been training Kurdish Peshmerga and Iraqi forces in the fight against the jihadi group over the past few years.
The coalition’s training has continued even after IS’ fall in Iraq to ensure local security forces of quality defense capability against the terrorist group’s ongoing insurgency.

During her visit, Trenta addressed the issue of the reconfiguration of the mission, which will lead to the total closure of the task force by March 2019, as established in the mission decree, the Italian paper said.

“Today, as you know, the Italian government is addressing the issue of reconfiguring our commitment in this area, and our strategy of exit, which I want to define as a ‘strategy of success,’” Trenta added.
“We will lighten our presence, so the important thing is not the exit, but the success, because without success there would be no honorable exit.”

Trenta highlighted the team’s “excellent results in terms of safety, stabilization of the area, and the support necessary” for the reconstruction works on the Mosul Dam.

Following Iraq’s declaration of victory over IS, Rome assigned troops to guard the Italian company Trevi which is renovating the strategic Mosul Dam in northern Iraq.

The dam was at risk of collapse as Iraqi and Kurdish officials raised alarm bells after the catastrophic fall of Iraq’s second largest city.

Concurrent with assigning troops to guard the dam in late 2017, former defense minister Roberta Pinotti had announced a decrease in Italy’s military presence in Iraq by half from 1,500 military personnel.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/993a5234-a487-4d66-ae2a-e7d3bd860124
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum