Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes

Go down

Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes Empty Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes

Post by GirlBye Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Barham Salih says will protect Iraq Constitution, resolve Erbil-Baghdad disputes BarhamMain
Newly-elected Iraqi President Barham Salih delivers a press conference in Sulaimani, Kurdistan Region, on Oct. 27, 2018. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Iraq’s new President Barham Salih says the formation of a new government in Baghdad can resolve outstanding issues between the Federal Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG).

During a press conference on Sunday, Salih expressed optimism at the progress of Iraq’s new government formation and stressed that his task as president is to protect the Iraqi Constitution.

“There is great hope that the new government cabinet will solve many problems, including the outstanding issues between Baghdad and Erbil, based on the Iraqi Constitution,” Salih told reporters in the Kurdistan Region’s Sulaimani province.

Ongoing disputes between Baghdad and Erbil include a share of the national budget, oil and gas revenues, salary payment for Peshmerga forces, and the status of disputed areas among other issues.

“The differences are major and not easy to solve,” Salih noted, “so, they require a political will and a real desire to resolve the outstanding tensions and end the differences.”

Salih also underlined the need to solve these issues via the constitution. “As President of the Republic of Iraq, my task is to protect the Iraqi Constitution.”
“The current situation in Kirkuk is [in violation of the constitution], so the situation should be resolved and the status of the province should be determined,” he added.

The province of Kirkuk contains a mixture of ethnicities such as Kurds, Arabs, and Turkmens. It is one of the most contested regions between the Iraqi government and the KRG.

Senior Kurdistan Region officials have repeatedly called for the need to apply Article 140 of the constitution to settle the dispute.
According to the article in the 2005 constitution, the future of Kirkuk and other disputed areas were to be decided on in three stages, beginning with normalization and then relying on a local referendum to determine which government would administer the region. However, this was never implemented due to political differences.

“The solution should be resolved in Kirkuk according to the will of its residents who have experienced great difficulties due to political differences,” Salih said.
On Oct. 2, the Iraqi Council of Representatives elected Salih as the country’s new president. He replaced Fuad Masum as Iraq’s eighth president.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/e8cce0e6-2c66-4492-8d46-8271b2d4826f
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum